Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 04:56 PM

904 posts, read 687,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Yes, it's sorcery.
......says the guy who believes in talking snakes.
Which would be magic.

Monty the talking snake - YouTube

Old 12-18-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Historical Importance of the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic: In three waves, the Spanish flu spread quickly, killing an estimated 50 million to 100 million people around the world.

1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic -- The Spanish Flu That Killed Millions in 1918

Or this account.
A Science Odyssey: People and Discoveries: Worldwide flu pandemic strikes

Old 12-18-2013, 05:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
We've seemed to get along pretty good all these years without the faux flu vaccination scam.
Yeah, considering flu vaccine has been around since the 1940s.
The Flu Vaccine - TIME

Old 12-18-2013, 05:30 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,227 times
Quote:
I can't imagine what it would be like, living in a conspiracy theorist's dark and serpentine mind, with danger and boogiemen at every twist and turn.
Everything is a plot and everyone is out to kill you. Nobody can be trusted!
DANGER! DANGER!
I can't imagine what it would be like to be naive to the concept of a government agency being funded by a multi-billion dollar industry....

Oh wait...you're not!

So how do you explain your advocacy here? Maybe you're just a coward?

More arguments from Can O' Duh's finest.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yeah, considering flu vaccine has been around since the 1940s.
The Flu Vaccine - TIME
When did they ever say that it was mandatory?

Public indoctrination took nearly 40 yrs. though, and this was the outcome....

In a public vaccination program designed to prevent a pandemic swine flu outbreak in 1979, about 25% of people in the United States were vaccinated. Unfortunately, the 1979 vaccine was associated with a small increased risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome, a serious neurological condition, with the risk estimated to be one to nine excess cases per million doses of vaccine, but no cause for this increase in risk was ever discovered.

Flu Vaccine Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - History and Development of Flu Vaccines - eMedicineHealth

Old 12-18-2013, 06:37 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Then let them get the flu shot. Why pump little kids full of lab poison.
My daughter did get the flu vaccine. But having a 2 year old hang on you all day and breathe in your face was an overwhelming exposure. Ask anyone who works in day care. They get everything!

Quote:
Actually it was less than 22 million.. but who's counting..

500 million were estimated to have caught it... so there you go.

It is a mercy kill for the old and weak. It lasted one season.

Survival of the fittest....

Oh,, and they didn't know what caused it to spread.. now with a mask, and some hygiene you can pretty much avoid it. Oh and lots of garlic.
Baloney!

The influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 killed more people than the Great War, known today as World War I (WWI), at somewhere between 20 and 40 million people. . . . The influenza virus had a profound virulence, with a mortality rate at 2.5% compared to the previous influenza epidemics, which were less than 0.1%. The death rate for 15 to 34-year-olds of influenza and pneumonia were 20 times higher in 1918 than in previous years (Taubenberger). . . . The flu was most deadly for people ages 20 to 40. This pattern of morbidity was unusual for influenza which is usually a killer of the elderly and young children. . . . Of the U.S. soldiers who died in Europe, half of them fell to the influenza virus and not to the enemy (Deseret News).
The 1918 Influenza Pandemic

Old 12-18-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
My daughter did get the flu vaccine. But having a 2 year old hang on you all day and breathe in your face was an overwhelming exposure. Ask anyone who works in day care. They get everything!

Baloney!

The influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 killed more people than the Great War, known today as World War I (WWI), at somewhere between 20 and 40 million people. . . . The influenza virus had a profound virulence, with a mortality rate at 2.5% compared to the previous influenza epidemics, which were less than 0.1%. The death rate for 15 to 34-year-olds of influenza and pneumonia were 20 times higher in 1918 than in previous years (Taubenberger). . . . The flu was most deadly for people ages 20 to 40. This pattern of morbidity was unusual for influenza which is usually a killer of the elderly and young children. . . . Of the U.S. soldiers who died in Europe, half of them fell to the influenza virus and not to the enemy (Deseret News).
I sit corrected. Thank you.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:45 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I can't imagine what it would be like to be naive to the concept of a government agency being funded by a multi-billion dollar industry....

Oh wait...you're not!

So how do you explain your advocacy here? Maybe you're just a coward?

What are you babbling about? A coward? Because I don't buy into every conspiracy theory that comes down the pike? Because I don't wear a jaunty tin-foil chapeau? Because I don't think the whole world is out to get me?

Okaaaay.....

Old 12-18-2013, 06:51 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:

Picked up this spectacularly sophomoric debating tactic in an institute of higher learning, did you?

Old 12-18-2013, 07:03 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,227 times
Quote:

Baloney!

You don't die from the flu...you die from the complications.The most common culprit, by far? Pneumonia.

Due to tremendous medical advancements, excluding the money making vaccines, a pandemic like 1918 will NEVER happen again. To die, you'd have to be pretty significantly immuno-suppressed.

So yes, 6 month olds are higher risk...and elderly are very high risk. And , I'm sure according to the CDC, everybody between those ranges who die from pneumonia just have HIV... WOOOOHHHH

anyway....the link I posted shows the CDC's very questionable data collection methods. So it's totally plausible the vaccines are doing nothing at all or, possibly, something worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies