Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 08:33 PM

904 posts, read 687,627 times

Advertisements

Bloomberg should mandate Prohibition of Alchohol and Pharma Opiates, more people die in NY of those two things than any seasonal flu.

Oh and Anal sex. The largest transmitter of AIDS.. kills and costs way more than any flu.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:13 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Close all drug stores as all marketed 'medications' will be banned for the reason death is a side effect of most, if not all.
Lots of sinus and antihistamine medications are already kept behind the counter to verify age.

A handful of aspirin can kill you but marijuana won't.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Have you ever had a blood test for the flu? I know I haven't.

It's not even a common practice to test for flu. How many pill mills just write scripts for antibiotics for any and everything? Docs do this without running ANY test to rule out bacterial infection
And you know this how? At the practice where I work, we usually test for flu. If a pt. is admitted to the hospital, s/he will very likely get a blood test. In Colorado, pediatric deaths from flu have to be reported, so yes, tests are run.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
not many people got the flu shot before 2009 according to someones link earlier... the death rates havent got better since.
"According to someone's link earlier", LOL. Perhaps some verification is in order?

Old 12-18-2013, 11:41 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,643 times
The flu vaccine is a racket designed to earn billions globally in profits for the mega pharma corporations. By paying the Government to mandate it (via lobbyist money) they guarantee themselves unimaginable profits (This...is...government regulation).

Just like when Rick Perry in Texas wanted to mandate the HPV vaccine and was going to give the exclusive contract to Merck. Of course we soon found out Merck was his #1 campaign contributor. It was a racket.

The mega pharma corporations spend more on lobbying than any other industry in our country. More than the military industrial complex, more than big oil, more than the banks.

There's no reason a healthy person needs a flu shot. It's not science, it's just a corporate racket.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:03 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
"So how did the Pittsburgh scientists derive their conclusions? To understand their modus operandi, the reader is asked to lay aside the most basic principles of the scientific method and critical thought. Rather it would be better to cast our minds back 500 years and adopt an irrational bias that finds more in common with alchemical and magical beliefs than modern science."

Bill Gates

Old 12-19-2013, 04:15 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The FLU is not the same kind of animal. The mortality rate for young, healthy people is ridiculously low. I think at risk populations should get it, but remember...this vaccine only protected ~60% of the vaccinated last year. We had a TON of failures.

I have had the flu. It really sucked. I want to never feel like that again. But as a medical professional and as a person who does believe in some ownership of my own body, I absolutely am against MANDATING these shots for anyone.
I agree with your last statement. I'll add that parents are, and should remain, free to make decisions about their chilrdren's care, with only certain boundaries set by the state (nothing inherently harmful or neglectful shall be permitted). Flu shots, at least to me, fall within that category. My daughter had all her shots beginning at the doctor-recommended age and annual flu shots are mandatory WITHIN OUR HOME by MY mandate.

On topic, I believe flu shots are good and necessary things, but should not be government mandated. However, any child not receiving annual flu shots should not at any time or for any reason be permitted to attend any public school or private school and shall be homeschooled as the only other option available, with the parents following all necessary rules pertaining to such and submitting all required documentation. Absolutely no passes due to religious or other objections/reasons.

My daughter is protected to the degree that the shots protect. That doesn't mean that I would feel comfortable with every other child in her class of 20 being unprotected. It's the herd as a whole which should be taking proper precautions to minimize the threat.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:32 AM

302 posts, read 368,736 times
I said I know them , not that I communicate with them online . I knew their parents before they had kids . I go to their birthday parties , babysit etc..

If you want to play with your health or the health of your kids , have at it BUT when you get a flu shot ask the person giving it to you if it will make you sick or better yet have them guarantee that you won't have a reaction .

Part of the problem with flu shots IMHO is that you can get them in places like Wally world and not in a Dr. office .

[quote=Katiana;32662320]Yes, prior to six months is too young. These parents you "know" (and I'd like to know just HOW you know them, from a blog, from a message board, or IRL?) did not get flu shots for their kids because guess what? The flu vaccine is not approved for infants under six months! Central District Health Department | Flu Vaccine

Old 12-20-2013, 08:39 AM

302 posts, read 368,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
You don't die from the flu...you die from the complications.The most common culprit, by far? Pneumonia.

Due to tremendous medical advancements, excluding the money making vaccines, a pandemic like 1918 will NEVER happen again. To die, you'd have to be pretty significantly immuno-suppressed.

So yes, 6 month olds are higher risk...and elderly are very high risk. And , I'm sure according to the CDC, everybody between those ranges who die from pneumonia just have HIV... WOOOOHHHH

anyway....the link I posted shows the CDC's very questionable data collection methods. So it's totally plausible the vaccines are doing nothing at all or, possibly, something worse.
Interesting

BTW to those that believe so much in the CDC , google how great they did when a REAL epidemic happened called AIDS

Old 12-20-2013, 08:43 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
[quote=saintmj nyc;32684966]I said I know them , not that I communicate with them online . I knew their parents before they had kids . I go to their birthday parties , babysit etc..

If you want to play with your health or the health of your kids , have at it BUT when you get a flu shot ask the person giving it to you if it will make you sick or better yet have them guarantee that you won't have a reaction .

Part of the problem with flu shots IMHO is that you can get them in places like Wally world and not in a Dr. office .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, prior to six months is too young. These parents you "know" (and I'd like to know just HOW you know them, from a blog, from a message board, or IRL?) did not get flu shots for their kids because guess what? The flu vaccine is not approved for infants under six months! Central District Health Department | Flu Vaccine
We absolutely don't give flu shots to babies under six months of age. It can be 3 days before the six-month mark, the parent can beg mightily, but they will NOT get the flu shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies