Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 07:14 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Sieg Heil. Why do you believe flu shots to be good and necessary...
Uhm, because they help in preventing a highly contagious disease from being spread? Do you have kids? Have you ever experienced the petri dish that kids are exposed to in school, particularly in the early years?

Quote:
...and why should all you and yours come into contact with be immunized to your satisfaction?
Not just mine but all children in the school environment. Any reasonable and thinking parent wants their child protected. That seems to not include the crazies who follow the rantings of a former Playboy wh*re.

Quote:
You draw a pretty definite line as to what society should adhere to - in your mind. It's sort of like the mindset of a tyrant or dictator. The whole herd should feel glad to know you have their backs.
The herd needs protection from the stupid. My interest lies in the well being of my child. If you were capable of comprehending my earlier post, you would see that I do not endorse government mandate of vaccinations, but would propose those who do not shall not be allowed to have their children in close continual contact with other children. They're free to do as they wish with their children, with certain constraints.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:19 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
In the end it is the children who suffers because their parents believes.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:13 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,459,596 times
The great thing about Mayor Bloomberg is that he has only a few days left in office. He overstayed his term unnecessarily, and its a shame the city counsel allowed that.
Let others take care of babies health and let the (next) mayor fix the city problems.
(Also let those who wish, drink their 16oz sodas)

Old 12-21-2013, 01:57 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I agree with your last statement. I'll add that parents are, and should remain, free to make decisions about their chilrdren's care, with only certain boundaries set by the state (nothing inherently harmful or neglectful shall be permitted). Flu shots, at least to me, fall within that category. My daughter had all her shots beginning at the doctor-recommended age and annual flu shots are mandatory WITHIN OUR HOME by MY mandate.

On topic, I believe flu shots are good and necessary things, but should not be government mandated. However, any child not receiving annual flu shots should not at any time or for any reason be permitted to attend any public school or private school and shall be homeschooled as the only other option available, with the parents following all necessary rules pertaining to such and submitting all required documentation. Absolutely no passes due to religious or other objections/reasons.

My daughter is protected to the degree that the shots protect. That doesn't mean that I would feel comfortable with every other child in her class of 20 being unprotected. It's the herd as a whole which should be taking proper precautions to minimize the threat.
This is so well thought out, but I fear you're not taking the flu seriously enough. In addition to forcing all non vaccinated students to be home-schooled, we should also outlaw home-schooling.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:12 AM

15,086 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

The herd needs protection from the stupid. My interest lies in the well being of my child. If you were capable of comprehending my earlier post, you would see that I do not endorse government mandate of vaccinations, but would propose those who do not shall not be allowed to have their children in close continual contact with other children. They're free to do as they wish with their children, with certain constraints.
Sheep belong to a "herd", not human beings .... and if the vaccines actually worked, the sheep would have nothing to fear from the more sophisticated, intelligent, unvaccinated humans.

You do realize that your herders actually use this phrase "herd immunity" as an inside joke, laughing as the sheep follow their commands, and actually believe it's "healthy" to inject this witches brew of viruses, animal retro viruses, dna fragments, mycoplasmas, aluminum, mercury, and other toxic crap into their bodies?

Stupid, indeed. Some people will believe damn near anything, no matter how ridiculous the claim.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:50 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,707 times
If I lived in NY, I would not give to ****s about what the state or Bloomberg had to say regarding MY child. This is the problem with liberals. They are complete idiots who aren't capable of doing for themselves. A bunch of grown children that are looking for mommy and daddy government to do for them what they're incapable of doing for themselves...

It's our children. I'm able to do the research, weigh the pros and cons, and, as a parent, make an informed decision for my god damn self. I do not need strangers telling me what's best for me and/or my family, and then forcing me to do what they think I should do.

Cigarettes, soft drinks, firearms, e-cigarettes, school lunches, healthcare, etc... Pretty soon if liberal have their way the U.S. will be a dictatorship.

Old 12-21-2013, 03:41 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Who do you trust, baby!

Activist Post: Princeton University Experiments on 5,000 Students

Old 12-21-2013, 04:11 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
This is so well thought out, but I fear you're not taking the flu seriously enough. In addition to forcing all non vaccinated students to be home-schooled, we should also outlaw home-schooling.
What......

Old 12-21-2013, 04:18 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
What......
Yes, I know... That is what the flu shot does to one's brain... That or he's a liberal.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:03 AM

1,074 posts, read 757,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
A concerned parent deals in facts, not superstition.
Really? I don't think that is necessarily a given. Concern for one's children does not make one wise.

Quote:
Beliefs that the link is still there is akin to the belief in sea monsters, giant cyclops, and dragons.
And "global warming?"

Quote:
Silly and delusional beliefs don't get respected, sorry.
Then why does belief in "global warming" get so much respect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies