Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 02:13 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I'd vote for him again before any of the right wing crazies the Republicans are putting out these days. Ted Cruz anyone?!
That kind of blind faith -- coupled with a distinct lack of critical thinking skills -- is what has led us to the place we currently find ourselves.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:25 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If what you post is accurate, then it is an intentional provocation and will force Russia's hand. Poor foreign policy in my opinion.
The very last thing it will do is force Russia's hand. Russia has a very large and very persecuted gay population that is desperate for someone to help them and they will rise up to stand for their rights. They already are rising up!

An increasingly gay friendly world is looking at Russia to stop its persecution of minorities.

I don't understand why Russia, a European country, has tried for so long to distance itself from the rest of Europe when it comes to human rights. I'm not just talking about gay people either. This can be traced back to the Holodomor, to Serfdom, to so many other things. I just don't understand why they always want to be on the wrong side of human rights when so many of Russia's neighbors are on the right side.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:27 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Do we want to become enemies with Russia? Is that in our best national interests? Do we really think these kind of grade school stunts will change Russia's culture or laws?

Old 12-18-2013, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
That kind of blind faith -- coupled with a distinct lack of critical thinking skills -- is what has led us to the place we currently find ourselves.
Are we in a bad place? Last I checked the economy has gotten better with pretty much each passing month.

I have good critical thinking skills. In fact, I have a few pieces of paper to prove it.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Do we want to become enemies with Russia? Is that in our best national interests? Do we really think these kind of grade school stunts will change Russia's culture or laws?
This isn't grade school stunts. This is human rights, and Obama has for fronted this fight more than any American president has. Even when polls said it wasn't best to do so.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:32 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Are we in a bad place? Last I checked the economy has gotten better with pretty much each passing month.

I have good critical thinking skills. In fact, I have a few pieces of paper to prove it.

Of course it has -- because the Obama administration told you it has, right??

Never confuse "pieces of paper" with good critical thinking skills. They are completely different.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:00 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Of course it has -- because the Obama administration told you it has, right??
Or they actually researched on their own using sources not linked or directly from the Obama administration and came to this conclusion themselves. Hard to believe, I know.

Quote:
Never confuse "pieces of paper" with good critical thinking skills. They are completely different.
If said pieces of paper are college degrees and said college degrees are from reputable legitimate colleges then, then the argument can be made that "pieces of paper" can be used to prove someone has critical thinking skills.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:28 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
This isn't grade school stunts. This is human rights, and Obama has for fronted this fight more than any American president has. Even when polls said it wasn't best to do so.
You are however missing several key points.

1. Russia, whether we like it or not has LAWS that outlaw speaking about gay rights, where a child can hear the statements.
2. The person chosen by Obama is admittedly a homosexual.
3. If our representative says 1 thing positive about gay rights, while on Russian soil that a Russian minor can hear, then Russia can arrest him on sight, and ship him back to the U.S. under their law.

As soon as #3 takes place, Obama's snub becomes a counter snub, with no answer back allowed, and it makes Obama, hence America look stupid, yet again.

Obama's "pieces of paper", which a previous person here has stated should prove critical thinking skills being from a reputable establishment of higher learning have been proven otherwise on any number of occasions. One would think that LYING is counterproductive, and adverse to critical thinking skills, yet he has done so, over and over, and now, he proves yet again, those skills are absent, in sending Several openly homosexual people to Russia.

In all actuality, he has put the Russian leader in a position of power over our delegates, and technically, that leader could refuse entry of our delegates under Russian law. That would put Obama where?

Old 12-18-2013, 03:31 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Tit for Tat.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:33 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Tit for Tat.
So, are we going to be put in the position of negotiating for Bille Jean's release from a Russian prison? Is this a case of who blinks first between Putin and Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies