Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen to the Duck Dynasty Star for his statements about Gays?
He should be fired! 2 9.09%
He should be suspended 0 0%
He should be allowed to go back after an apology 1 4.55%
He should be able to state his opinion without fear losing his TV job 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 06:37 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times

Advertisements

Before today I never watched even 5 seconds of a Duck Dynasty episode. After all the controversy I decided to see what it was all about.
They make fun of city people. No big deal, city people make fun of country people too.
It is a bit sexist but in an obvious self depreciating sort of way.
Phil is actually not bad.
The show isn't really my kind of show, but I have seen far worse.
Braxton Family values, John and Kate plus 8 and Orange County choppers for example. I doubt the people who might have been offended actually tune in to watch this show. In short a whole lot of outrage over very little.
Typical of our society. WE have a fed that is broken, a liar in chief, a dysfunctional congress and yet the focus is a reality show that has a zero impact on anyones life.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:41 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If this isn't the biggest non story every in the history of the universe I don't know what is.
You may think think way because you disagree with what they did.

So, please enlighten us on what YOU think a real story is, like which perfume to get for Christmas.

Now THAT is a real story worth discussing.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:42 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,093,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Oh, brother. The losers are out in force tonight.
Except you have not once made a legitimate claim. Your entire argument has been based on your misreading what others have said. All that was said was that A&E profits from Cracker Barrels reversal, not that the store doesnt. Reading comprehension and English language skills go far.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:42 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Quite incorrect

It shows that the nation is tired of being bullied by politically correct Nazis. Further, it shows cracks in the leftist agenda, due to the continued decline in the standard of living and intervention in personal lives. Witness an entirely democrat crowd turning on Al Sharpton at a recent rally in Chicago.

No one wants to be told how to live, what to say, or what to think. The left has become the "brand" of authoritarianism- assuming the right and priveledge to dictate other people's lives. Such a position, is tiresome and presumes a sense of elitism among the superiority among the leftist handlers.

Tyranny is never popular- except, of course, among tyrants. "Hope and Change" now seems as cynical as "The Cultural Revolution", 'Worker's Paradise", "The Great Leap Forward" and other lies designed to subjugate citizens.
So how should cracker barrel make up for their mistake? How about if all Cracker Barrels were require to have mobility scooter recharging stations and oxygen generator on site. Instead of a 10% discount for seniors lets increase it to 20% for anyone wearing a tri-corner Tea Party hat. This would help all seniors and the Republican base at the same time.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:47 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What the hell are you talking about? What comments have I made about the workings of commerce?

01Snake claimed that dsjj251 said A&E gets every dime spent on Duck Dynasty merchancise. All I did was point out that dsjj251 did not say that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
A&E gets paid for every dime you spend on Duck Dynasty products, so im pretty sure they want it to sell out. not be taken off the shelves.

so homo activism actually won.

I still dont really understand the argument here.
This is what he said. That makes you clueless. Anything else I can help you out with?

Old 12-22-2013, 06:49 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Wow, right wingers going ballistic because a restaurant chain doesn't want to support hate. How terrible of cracker barrel
No worse then left wingers going ballistic because a company refused service.

Haven't you been reading the threads where the same ones, like you, say A&E is FREE to do what it wants because they OWN the business yet, it is NOT OK for a bakery or a Chick-Fil-A to do what THEY want with their business.

It works both ways.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 12-22-2013 at 06:58 PM..

Old 12-22-2013, 06:54 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Except you have not once made a legitimate claim. Your entire argument has been based on your misreading what others have said. All that was said was that A&E profits from Cracker Barrels reversal, not that the store doesnt. Reading comprehension and English language skills go far.
Ive not misread anything. You and two others are beyond clueless about commerce, as is evidenced by your ignorant remarks. As I said earlier, I am not here to teach you business administration. For what its worth, its fun watching you and others making asses of yourselves.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:00 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Not to be off topic...but, I was at Wal Mart today, I kid you not, there was. "Duck Dynasty" product on every aisle! Duck Dynasty Christmas cookies, Duck Dynasty baby bibs, Duck Dynasty birthday cards...on and on, in the sports area, they have literally aisles dedicated to them, same as Cabela's...those businesses stayed quiet, because obviously this stuff sells big in those crowds...

Old 12-22-2013, 07:00 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This is what he said. That makes you clueless. Anything else I can help you out with?
Yeah, he said: "A&E gets paid for every dime you spend on Duck Dynasty products." He didn't say A&E gets paid every dime you spend on DD products.

That's the only point I made, and I only made it to correct somebody who thought he had said the latter.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:13 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Kudos to Cracker Barrel for admitting their mistake. That took courage. Many recognize a mistake like that, but won't admit it.

This will cause other businesses to take notice when they are being pressured by the left. I hope more stand up to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies