Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen to the Duck Dynasty Star for his statements about Gays?
He should be fired! 2 9.09%
He should be suspended 0 0%
He should be allowed to go back after an apology 1 4.55%
He should be able to state his opinion without fear losing his TV job 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 11:47 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Neither, they are going to milk this controversy for all it's worth. A&E knew his views on things before going into this deal. Well, maybe not his REALLY abhorrent views on the Jim Crow era, but they knew his strong evangelical outlook on life. The people out there who agree with his bigoted and distasteful statements are going to buy all of the DD merchandise they can carry out of Wal-Mart and sit through hours of the show in some futile effort to stick it to those evil PC libs at A&E. And those evil PC libs will laugh all the way to the bank.

Don't think that the A&E marketing department didn't learn from Chik-fil-A. They're going to use the bigotry of their viewers to make a fortune before the flash in the pan brand dies out on it's on.

Thanks, but I'll just go directly to the Duck Commander website.

Duck Commander Store | Duck Commander

Old 12-20-2013, 11:52 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I am not bigoted not ignorant, thanks for saying I am lol You may be educated, which I'm doubtful, because of your accusations. An educated person would never do that. Where in the south are you from
I was born and raised in deep South Louisiana until I was 17, I moved to the Houston area 24+ years ago to attend college and I live North of Houston still today with my family. I have a MS in EE and a BS in bio-medical eng. You can be "doubtful" of whatever you like, I'm sure you've been wrong enough times that you'll survive.

The things you said were bigoted and quite ignorant, don't get mad at me for pointing out the facts.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:01 AM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I was born and raised in deep South Louisiana until I was 17, I moved to the Houston area 24+ years ago to attend college and I live North of Houston still today with my family. I have a MS in EE and a BS in bio-medical eng. You can be "doubtful" of whatever you like, I'm sure you've been wrong enough times that you'll survive.

The things you said were bigoted and quite ignorant, don't get mad at me for pointing out the facts.

I am not mad but perplexed because you seem to think you are better than I am which you are not. You are rude and judgmental. You can have all the degrees you want but that does not make you superior over anyone

Old 12-21-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
[/b]

I am not mad but perplexed because you seem to think you are better than I am which you are not. You are rude and judgmental. You can have all the degrees you want but that does not make you superior over anyone
Who said anything about being better than you? I don't make bigoted ignorant comments like you do, aside from that I'm not "better" than you in any way. I'm just an average guy who speaks the truth, something you clearly dislike.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:07 AM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Who said anything about being better than you? I don't make bigoted ignorant comments like you do, aside from that I'm not "better" than you in any way. I'm just an average guy who speaks the truth, something you clearly dislike.
I made no ignorant comments. I just know the south, sorry.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
I made no ignorant comments. I just know the south, sorry.
Sweetie, what you posted below is the epitome of an ignorant comment. You apparently don't know the South as well as you claim, maybe it's just you and not the other people from the South who need an education.

Quote:
[/b]So you want more uneducated people in this country. Most of these so called rednecks don't have a reality show. A lot live on welfare. And yeah, we are talking about the south.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:17 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
People act as if this is the first time someone has been fired or suspended for their comments. It happens all the time.

I don't care if the guy is suspended or not...i don't watch the show. But clearly, they have the right to suspend him.
They can easily find themselves another southern redneck family to put in a show. They are a dime a dozen in most of the continental US.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:21 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
It will be interesting to see what they do when re-runs are going to be shown now and they have already taped the new season.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
They can easily find themselves another southern redneck family to put in a show. They are a dime a dozen in most of the continental US.
The Robertson family had a successful show before A&E ever came into the picture, they'll find another network to work with a lot faster than A&E could ever replace them.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It will be interesting to see what they do when re-runs are going to be shown now and they have already taped the new season.
They've been airing episodes for the last 2 or 3 days that still have Phil in them everywhere, it doesn't seem to bother them at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies