Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 07:57 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,134,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Take it however you want, neither term really means anything. How do you define a small government in a country of 310+ million people?
I don't know. Why does the government need to invest 385,000 dollars to study duck penises?
I think a little less of such waste would only help the 310+ million people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 08:04 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,982,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I don't know. Why does the government need to invest 385,000 dollars to study duck penises?
I think a little less of such waste would only help the 310+ million people.
I don't know anything about that study, you are welcome to investigate the reason for it, though I do know it is common for the country to invest in science research.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:14 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,476,720 times
I think many are turning form the mid 60's wealth sharing where government is the middleman. many don't see government has effective as companies and their ownself playing that part directly. I hear so many complain that companies have change but what do you expect when govenment take that role thru taxing companies to do it. Then some have always wanted to be equal to rich which means looking out for yourself really. one nly needs to be prepared for change and to some it a slippery slop like other wants.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,814,416 times
Quote:
Take it however you want, neither term really means anything. How do you define a small government in a country of 310+ million people?
Um, considering the poll was about big government, this would equate to a small government, smaller than what we currenly have..

I mean its either, larger, or smaller, there really isnt another way to go..

Old 12-18-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, considering the poll was about big government, this would equate to a small government, smaller than what we currenly have..

I mean its either, larger, or smaller, there really isnt another way to go..
So a smaller big government....

Old 12-18-2013, 09:09 PM

11,883 posts, read 6,467,117 times
Quote:
What does big or small government even mean? Those are basically hollow talking points.
Big government means you need to fill out and read 2,000 pages of city, county, state, and federal business rules, restrictions, zoning codes, health laws, child labor laws, permits, and applications before your child can sell lemonaide on the sidewalk in front of your house.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Big government means you need to fill out and read 2,000 pages of city, county, state, and federal business rules, restrictions, zoning codes, health laws, child labor laws, permits, and applications before your child can sell lemonaide on the sidewalk in front of your house.
Does a small government mean a company can open up a lemonade stand on your front lawn without needing any permits?

Old 12-18-2013, 09:26 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,315,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
not that surprising considering how many Americans get their information from bogus sources like FOX News, talk radio, brietbart and other silly blogs.

Not many. 8-10%

Most get it from local news and the main affiliates national nightly news. Not cable, not the internet, not the radio.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:32 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,315,321 times
Quote:
Does a small government mean a company can open up a lemonade stand on your front lawn without needing any permits?

Don't be silly....
We go back to Smith & Wesson, to remove them from my private property, that is registered as a deed, with my very small government.

Now, I can open the lemonade stand, on my private property.

The only Constitutional recognized police, is an elected sheriff.
Not the FBI, not Homeland Security, not the local city police.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Don't be silly....
We go back to Smith & Wesson, to remove them from my private property, that is registered as a deed, with my very small government.

Now, I can open the lemonade stand, on my private property.

The only Constitutional recognized police, is an elected sheriff.
Not the FBI, not Homeland Security, not the local city police.
And if they have more guns? Corporations are much more powerful than small businesses. The era you long for only exists in movies and glorified history books that try to paint rosy pictures.

Also, what is a Constitutional recognized police?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies