Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 02:23 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,902,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup.
Here's what the top man at the parent company of Remington & Bushmaster said about the ammo shortage:

...Scott Blackwell, president of Freedom Group, an American firearms manufacturer holding company that includes Remington, Bushmaster and DPMS, said, “Most of the ammunition we make at Remington goes to the consumer market. Our supplies, therefore, haven’t been affected by government contracts. It’s clear to us that any lack of supply in the marketplace has been from consumer demand for our quality products. To meet this increased demand we’re investing and growing.”
Quote:
Government demand for ammo is not significantly different today than it's been in past years, however idiot wingnuts on the web have been posting nonsense about DHS buying huge quantities of ammo, etc, etc, etc. The claims are sooooooo stupid that even Rightwing Breitbart.com decided they had to address the idiocy (probably because the claims were so dumb they were giving the whole Rightwing a bad name).

The Great DHS Ammunition Stockpile Myth

Ken
Wow all over the place. I did not say there was a shortage (you appear to be) or an increase in govt demand. NOWHERE.

You highlight the same comment you posted and it did not state there WAS a shortage or lack of supply. You are choosing to interpret it that way. "Any" is not the same word as "the". For the second time read it. At best it claims consumer demand. The evidence of shortages was not in that article. Some gunshop owner got busy?

Yes I have heard reports of shortages. Would depend on the information as to it's accuracy. I can google and search anything. This proves what, exactly? What does this all over the place nonsense have to do with QE?

LOL. Yes I know what "lack of supply" is. A link to that was worth a post? Really?

Last edited by CDusr; 04-02-2014 at 02:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 02:44 AM

37,941 posts, read 17,740,401 times
Quote:
"Falsify" what?
It's not MY data. I just report what's there. Don't blame me that you don't like what it says.
And as far as "seeing something coming" - THIS is what I "saw coming":
The stock market turnaround back in 2009
The housing market turnaround
The job market turnaround
The general economic recovery
Obama's election
Obama's re-election
The pitiful failure of Ted Cruze to defund Obamacare
Seems to me that you were on the WRONG SIDE of EVERY ONE of those predictions (and many, many, many more) - and in fact, I've yet to see you proven right on ANYTHING.

In any event it's pretty obvious you have nothing value of add to any conversation since all you can do is throw insults so I think it's time to put you on ignore. I'm tired of reading your ignorant nonsense. It's a total waste of time and I have more important things to do. So post as you wish, I won't be seeing it.

Bye

Ken
Okay for you to lie about me though right? Nice try. Your lies about me hold no water.
This is the second time you've said you put me on ignore. Yet another reason to not believe you.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:51 AM

37,941 posts, read 17,740,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You should be embarrassed for yourself for the way you talk to people. In the other hand, I understand your bitterness since you failed to capitalize on the opportunities. I told you simple facts about many people having money to buy stocks and guns, and you turned that into ridicule about those profits not being enough to retire. Who said anything about making enough to retire? A straw man. A LOT of people made good money on stocks after the crash, and a lot of people spent their money on guns. In 2012 Americans pumped $31 000 000 000.00 into guns. Yes, they had the money. And 2013 smashed that record. Who is buying those guns if no one has any money?
You should be embarrassed about the way you lie about me. You have no proof if I did or didn't capitalize.
Again you don';t know what a strawman argument is even though your posts are one.
Again not ALOT. Not many people have cash reserves and the proof was in the links I provided. Take the thought process to the next level and learn about savings accounts and retirement accounts. All you've done, besides lie about what I did or didn't capitalize on, was say because you said so.

Gee I guess we need another boom and bust in order for people to profit off of the stock market. Your posts are absurd. Look for the truth instead of trying to be right.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:44 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,232,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Wow all over the place. I did not say there was a shortage (you appear to be) or an increase in govt demand. NOWHERE.

You highlight the same comment you posted and it did not state there WAS a shortage or lack of supply. You are choosing to interpret it that way. "Any" is not the same word as "the". For the second time read it. At best it claims consumer demand. The evidence of shortages was not in that article. Some gunshop owner got busy?

Yes I have heard reports of shortages. Would depend on the information as to it's accuracy. I can google and search anything. This proves what, exactly? What does this all over the place nonsense have to do with QE?

LOL. Yes I know what "lack of supply" is. A link to that was worth a post? Really?
I swear you wingnut types seem to take it as a badge of honor to be as obtuse and deliberately ignorant as possible.

Well, EXCUSE ME - I thought you had the COMMON SENSE and INTERPRETIVE SKILLS to understand that "has been" means IT'S HAPPENED - not MIGHT HAPPEN, but HAS HAPPENED (that's WHY they used the word "HAS") so that when a sentence says "Our supplies, therefore, haven’t been affected by government contracts. It’s clear to us that any lack of supply in the marketplace has been from consumer demand for our quality products." it MEANS there has been a SHORTAGE (or do I need to link the the definition of "has" so that you understand it means something that's actually OCCURED?).
Apparently I overestimated your intelligence. Sorry, I'll try not to do that again.

But since you apparently have to be spoon fed information:

"Many area residents agree that store shelves are short of certain types of ammunition — and have been for more than a year.

The explanations for the shortage differ. At a gun show over the weekend at the Ramkota Hotel, a couple of hunters said they believe ammo manufacturers are producing as much as they ever did.

“The only shortage is on the shelves. People are still in panic mode, still buying stuff,” said Dave Soehren of Appleton, Minn..."

Ammo shortage explodes - AberdeenNews.com: Local News

And since you probably don't believe ANYTHING unless you see/read it on FOX NEWS ( ) :

"Bullet blitz: Demand from public, government leaves ammo shelves empty

Steve Warholic spends nearly his entire workday at a Nevada ammunition store scouring the Internet, and the owner puts in even more time online. Both think they need to spend more time on the web.

They’re trying to find bullets for their customers at Stockpile Defense and the store’s sister school, where 50,000 people are trained every year in firearms handling. Shelves that once held the most popular calibers, like .22 and .45, are bare. There are waiting lists as long as two months and students are requested to bring their own ammunition. Pre-orders are no longer allowed..."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/12...shelves-empty/

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 04-02-2014 at 08:15 AM..

Old 04-02-2014, 05:29 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,902,063 times
Quote:
I swear you wingnut types seem to take it as a badge of honor to be as obtuse and deliberately ignorant as possible.

Well, EXCUSE ME - I thought you had the COMMON SENSE and INTERPRETIVE SKILLS to understand that "has been" means IT'S HAPPENED - not MIGHT HAPPEN, but HAS HAPPENED (that's WHY they used the word "HAS") so that when a sentence says "Our supplies, therefore, haven’t been affected by government contracts. It’s clear to us that any lack of supply in the marketplace has been from consumer demand for our quality products." it MEANS there has been a SHORTAGE (or do I need to link the the definition of "has" so that you understand it means something that's actually OCCURED?).
Apparently I overestimated your intelligence. Sorry, I'll try not to do that again.

But since you apparently have to be spoon fed information:

"Many area residents agree that store shelves are short of certain types of ammunition — and have been for more than a year.

The explanations for the shortage differ. At a gun show over the weekend at the Ramkota Hotel, a couple of hunters said they believe ammo manufacturers are producing as much as they ever did.

“The only shortage is on the shelves. People are still in panic mode, still buying stuff,” said Dave Soehren of Appleton, Minn..."

Ammo shortage explodes - AberdeenNews.com: Local News

And since you probably don't believe ANYTHING unless you see/read it on FOX NEWS ( ) :

"Bullet blitz: Demand from public, government leaves ammo shelves empty

Steve Warholic spends nearly his entire workday at a Nevada ammunition store scouring the Internet, and the owner puts in even more time online. Both think they need to spend more time on the web.

They’re trying to find bullets for their customers at Stockpile Defense and the store’s sister school, where 50,000 people are trained every year in firearms handling. Shelves that once held the most popular calibers, like .22 and .45, are bare. There are waiting lists as long as two months and students are requested to bring their own ammunition. Pre-orders are no longer allowed..."

Bullet blitz: Demand from public, government leaves ammo shelves empty | Fox News

Ken
So now I am a wingnut? Whatever that is. I am ignorant and obtuse? Overestimated my intelligence? Spoon fed? LOL. Wow.
You are choosing to read into that statement you posted, what is not there.

The entire sentence is relevant to context, not just parts. This is taught in school. No it does not mean it has happened. "any lack of supply" is not the same as "the lack of supply". The fact that you feel a need to try to push your interpretation and throw names at people repeatedly, speaks volumes. Nothing in that article amounted to evidence supporting a market ammunition shortage.

These statements we were discussing were regarding your particular posted excerpts. I already stated I was aware of reports of ammunition shortages and that it would depend on the information as to whether it was viable or had any merit.

Why would you deride fox news, then post it as evidence to support your claim? NM that article is also not sufficient evidence to support a market ammunition shortage. Seriously?

Again what does this have to do with the topic of this thread?

Last edited by CDusr; 04-02-2014 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: addressed last link

Old 04-02-2014, 07:52 PM

745 posts, read 1,433,213 times
Quote:
But...but...but...I thought the only thing propelling the stock market was QE.
Stock Mkt is at all time highs despite very, VERY sluggish economy. Any potential improvement in the real economy has already been priced in X's 2.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:47 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,232,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
So now I am a wingnut? Whatever that is. I am ignorant and obtuse? Overestimated my intelligence? Spoon fed? LOL. Wow.
You are choosing to read into that statement you posted, what is not there.

The entire sentence is relevant to context, not just parts. This is taught in school. No it does not mean it has happened. "any lack of supply" is not the same as "the lack of supply". The fact that you feel a need to try to push your interpretation and throw names at people repeatedly, speaks volumes. Nothing in that article amounted to evidence supporting a market ammunition shortage.

These statements we were discussing were regarding your particular posted excerpts. I already stated I was aware of reports of ammunition shortages and that it would depend on the information as to whether it was viable or had any merit.

Why would you deride fox news, then post it as evidence to support your claim? NM that article is also not sufficient evidence to support a market ammunition shortage. Seriously?

Again what does this have to do with the topic of this thread?
Yet another ignorant, head-stuck-in-the-sand (or somewhere equally dark but far more pungent) post in typical wingnut "I don't like what the link says so I'll pretend I don't understand it" denial.

That's fine - go for that PHD in willful ignorance. It's no skin off my nose.

No matter how many times you folks may choose to deny the subject at hand (whatever it happens to be) it won't change the reality of that subject (whether we're talking about the economic recovery, the stock market recovery, the housing recovery, or simply the ammo shortage).

Ken

Old 04-03-2014, 08:16 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,361,426 times
1900, a loaf of bread at the bakery, was less than a nickle. A gallon of gas was a nickle

Today, a loaf of bread at the grocery store is pushing on $3 and gas over $3 a gallon.

You could try and argue supply & demand, but the two commodities have inflated together in the last 100 years, all because of a dollar bill being cut in half and now calling each half a dollar., while it still takes all the original dollar to buy it.

The dollar has been divided so many times, it really still takes a nickel to buy both a loaf of bread and a gallon of gas.

Inflation

Old 04-03-2014, 09:11 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,878,049 times
Quote:
"Falsify" what?
It's not MY data. I just report what's there. Don't blame me that you don't like what it says.
And as far as "seeing something coming" - THIS is what I "saw coming":
The stock market turnaround back in 2009
The housing market turnaround
The job market turnaround
The general economic recovery
Obama's election
Obama's re-election
The pitiful failure of Ted Cruze to defund Obamacare
Seems to me that you were on the WRONG SIDE of EVERY ONE of those predictions (and many, many, many more) - and in fact, I've yet to see you proven right on ANYTHING.

In any event it's pretty obvious you have nothing value of add to any conversation since all you can do is throw insults so I think it's time to put you on ignore. I'm tired of reading your ignorant nonsense. It's a total waste of time and I have more important things to do. So post as you wish, I won't be seeing it.

Bye

Ken
I agree with you completely. The same RWNJ wackos who have been continuously wrong about everything are still busy pushing their failed conspiracy theories here. Yet despite always being wrong about everything they still claim that some how they should be trusted to tell us how the world works. Nope, they can keep repeating their nonsense about QE supposedly bringing about hyper inflation and the end of the world but the only response reasonable people should do is just point at them and laugh.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:13 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,878,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
1900, a loaf of bread at the bakery, was less than a nickle. A gallon of gas was a nickle

Today, a loaf of bread at the grocery store is pushing on $3 and gas over $3 a gallon.

You could try and argue supply & demand, but the two commodities have inflated together in the last 100 years, all because of a dollar bill being cut in half and now calling each half a dollar., while it still takes all the original dollar to buy it.

The dollar has been divided so many times, it really still takes a nickel to buy both a loaf of bread and a gallon of gas.

Inflation
You can do the same thing in just about every country at any time in history and show that inflation exists. You can do that both before the creation of central banks or after. Your post is completely meaningless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies