Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2014, 04:39 AM

26,488 posts, read 15,066,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I don't CARE what you call it - "trickle down" or whatever. The fact remains that MILLIONS of Americans have benefitted from the stock market rise - MILLIONS.
And NO they are NOT "just on paper". MILLIONS of Americans retire every year and begin to pull upon those boosted 401ks (myself included in that group).

Ken
You don't understand the stock market if you think that all 401K gains are realized gains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, you are saying it, althought you clearly do not see it yourself. Even now you cry about the 1% as if they are the only ones benefitting, while everyone else suffers. You are the lefty here, not me. You are basically complaining Obama's policies are not left enough for you.

Of course the rich make more money. I already told you 5% gain from 1 million is more than 5% from 1 thousand. Why that makes you envy the rich is your problem, not mine. I do not care how much more someone else is making. I'll take my 5% from whatever amount I have in the game. I take care of myself, while you clearly expect politicians to deliver something for you.
Quote:
The term is misleading, because no one expects everyone to make the same amount of money.

The problem is in the slow rate of economic increase/improvement in middle and low classes. The figure below illustrates the economic (wealth) growth in different classes of people since 1979. The problem is not the fact that rich are getting richer, but the fact that the poor and middle classes are not improving fast enough.
You are changing positions. Anything for Obama?

Old 10-21-2014, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You are the one shifting positions, due to your blinding love for Obama.

One moment you are upset the poor aren't improving fast enough and we need more Obama-policies.

The next moment when it is shown that under Obama the 99% lost income during the recovery, you are suddenly fine with it.

The Richest 1 Percent Have Captured 121 Percent Of Income Gains During The Recovery | ThinkProgress

If you bothered to read and became intellectual for once - you would see that all 3 articles link to other things like:

1) The UC Berkeley study by Saez that found that the 99% as a whole lost income: http://eml.berkeley.edu/~saez/saez-U...comes-2011.pdf

2) Saez = Picketty, NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/17/bu...anted=all&_r=0

If you were smart (ha!), you would realize that you can't attack the Huffington Post in this situation, or the other news cites, but instead the UC Berkley study that they directly linked to and the economists Saez and Picketty themselves if you disagree with the claim that the 99% has lost income during the recovery.

You are also still not brave enough to address these points on the stock market gains:

1) These gains are Paper gains, not realized gains.

2) Most people have very little saved.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/22/op...ment.html?_r=0

3) Most Americans don't have money in stocks or mutual funds and 85% of low income households do not have money invested.

How Many Americans Even Own Stocks?

4) The rich are benefiting overwhelmingly by Obama's Trickle Down policies.

The rising stock market is not bad...but it is not helping as many as you Obamabots claim it is...and is it worth the QE Trickle Down?

Here is something else for you to coward away from:

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...172130204.html

Median Household Wealth has not improved during the recovery - it is actually lower since the recovery started!!!
75% of people near retirement had less than $30,000 saved in retirement accounts....85% of low income households own no stocks or mutual funds.

Median household WEALTH has dipped since the recovery began, not increased.

Median household income is down since the recovery began.

The evidence is that Obama's trickle down QE policy hasn't trickled down to the masses yet.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:45 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
You are changing positions. Anything for Obama?
You are the one pushing his agenda. How many posts are you going to make to cry about other people making more money that you? My position has not changed, since I have said the problem IS NOT rich people making more money than the poor.

This is EXACTLY what I have been saying all along: no one expects everyone to make the same amount of money.

Thank you for quoting it from a post I made in January.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:52 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
75% of people near retirement had less than $30,000 saved in retirement accounts....85% of low income households own no stocks or mutual funds.

Median household WEALTH has dipped since the recovery began, not increased.

Median household income is down since the recovery began.

The evidence is that Obama's trickle down QE policy hasn't trickled down to the masses yet.
You speak like a hardcore liberal which you clearly are in your heart, although you are too confused to see it.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
They are NOT PROPPING IT UP - certainly NOT with QE.
Everyone says are you are wrong..

no surprise in that, you often are

How much longer can the Fed prop up stocks?

here, lets dumb it down so maybe even you can comprehend
http://www.thinkhard.org/2013/03/bac...k-markets.html

Old 10-21-2014, 05:00 AM

Quote:
You speak like a hardcore liberal which you clearly are in your heart, although you are too confused to see it.
If they were celebrating such ridiculous statistics they would be a hardcore liberal, but I didnt read it that way.. Maybe you think its a good thing poverty is skyrocketing in america, michiganmoon doesnt seem to follow that same thought process..

Old 10-21-2014, 05:04 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Quote:
WRONG!
NEITHER will happen.
QE will end - probably announced next week.

Ken
They may take a few months off. But they'll be back at it in no time.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
They may take a few months off. But they'll be back at it in no time.
I'm not too sure about that.. If they stop propping up the stock market, then people will have to go chase profits elsewhere in the economy which will improve the economy.

The problem is their current policies are hindering growth not helping, so when they stop, growth in the economy can begin.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:21 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not too sure about that.. If they stop propping up the stock market, then people will have to go chase profits elsewhere in the economy which will improve the economy.

The problem is their current policies are hindering growth not helping, so when they stop, growth in the economy can begin.
All the printed money has poured into the banks and the government. The banks were used as the conduit to prop up the market.

You're right that the market will fall, but there won't be any sudden investments being made in the economy. Everyone will be hoarding cash and fleeing into treasuries.

The economy will fall off a cliff, just as it did in 2009. They're prepping for it by getting the Saudis to flood the world with oil, but the lower prices won't help and it won't last.

European banks will teeter, as they've been recipients of printed money too. It's the leverage O has over them to implement policies against their own self-interest like Russian sanctions.

That's why they'll print after a few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies