U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 12:10 PM

6,949 posts, read 2,536,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Ain't no white guilt here, bud. And I haven't wrung my hands in years.

And I still contend the birther crap pile is a lot bigger than any of the conspiracy theories you pointed out. I ask again, how many of the theories you listed went to SCOTUS multiple times, and involved a sheriff and a millionaire with way too much time on his hands. How many on your list has gone as far as the birther foolishness?
Every President has political enemies who spend all their time finding ways to annoy that President. That Obama has The Donald as an "admirer" just means that now and again, Trump's money can move his obsession into actual courtrooms, where said courts summarily dismiss it as nonsense. Trump is a psycho with a big bank account, and his neighbor's dog has told him to go after Obama. It speaks more to the sad fact that only people with money can raise much of a fuss than it does to the subject that poor little Barry is picked on by mean, rich, white people.

I still don't buy it as unprecedented or racist. Obama is the President, and that means he gets to have all manner of idiots conjuring up all manner of foolishness to fling at him. Like Soros didn't axe grind with Dubyah? Whatever.

Welcome to the new age of journalism, where ~1 billion people get to write whatever they want about whomever they want, and the ones with money can get their story to the courts. Like the next Republican President in the age of Twitter and YouTube will be treated kinder? Seriously, enough with the blatant disregard for common sense reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 12:30 PM

19,633 posts, read 12,456,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Every President has political enemies who spend all their time finding ways to annoy that President. That Obama has The Donald as an "admirer" just means that now and again, Trump's money can move his obsession into actual courtrooms, where said courts summarily dismiss it as nonsense. Trump is a psycho with a big bank account, and his neighbor's dog has told him to go after Obama. It speaks more to the sad fact that only people with money can raise much of a fuss than it does to the subject that poor little Barry is picked on by mean, rich, white people.

I still don't buy it as unprecedented or racist. Obama is the President, and that means he gets to have all manner of idiots conjuring up all manner of foolishness to fling at him. Like Soros didn't axe grind with Dubyah? Whatever.

Welcome to the new age of journalism, where ~1 billion people get to write whatever they want about whomever they want, and the ones with money can get their story to the courts. Like the next Republican President in the age of Twitter and YouTube will be treated kinder? Seriously, enough with the blatant disregard for common sense reality.

Again, point out where the SCOTUS is involved.

And by your avoidance of the answer, I would guess...none.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Again, point out where the SCOTUS is involved.

And by your avoidance of the answer, I would guess...none.
The SCOTUS refused to hear the case. Sorry, still not calling it unprecedented.

Between the whole Bush AWOL, Bush is a war criminal, and Bush stole the election nonsense, nothing you can say will ever convince me that attacks on Obama are unprecedented, even when it's a millionaire with the finances to get cases pushed all the way to SCOTUS to be dismissed.

Yes, I think the whole D'Souza making a career off trying to "expose" Obama is insane, but I still don't buy into Obama as victim, nor any more or less beat on than any other President. Comes with job, imho.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:04 PM

23,337 posts, read 11,554,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Did you watch the movie and do you think many of the things that were predicted are coming true?

Undermining our allies. Unfortunately, I wasn’t wrong. Wielding a weaponized national debt and a disdain for our standing in the world, President Obama draws us nearer and nearer to the dystopia that I warned against in 2016.

Obama 2016, love him or hate him, you don't know him. Watch the video

[vimeo]80177893[/vimeo]
[vimeo]80177893[/vimeo]
Exclusive "2016" Update with Dinesh D'Souza on Vimeo
Undermining our allies ? even Snowden said that was going on for decades, heck we already knew it was going on, we just didnt know specifics, how is it President Obama gets blamed for this B.S. ?

Old 12-19-2013, 01:06 PM

7,371 posts, read 4,642,137 times
Quote:
All of a sudden the national debt is a big deal. Funny it wasn't so when Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton and Bush 2 were running it up.

Brown guy phobia rears it's head again.
That's liberal logic for you - "I don't think their concern is valid, so therefore they are racists"

Old 12-19-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
That's liberal logic for you - "I don't think their concern is valid, so therefore they are racists"
uh huh...

Old 12-19-2013, 01:18 PM

19,633 posts, read 12,456,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post

See my post #7.

Quote:

As for my brown guy statement, I don't base it upon the honest criticism of
Obama, because he deserves plenty, but the utter crap I see offered (birther,
muslim, gay, civilian army, indocrination, the ever popular "we're doomed" and
Obama will force a third term pile of crap). That, my friend is solely based
upon brown guy phobia.

Last edited by carterstamp; 12-19-2013 at 01:27 PM..

Old 12-03-2018, 07:53 PM

1,317 posts, read 990,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Nah, it isn't race. Right now, the party in power is the one favored by the MSM, so every attack on the President, just like with Clinton and Carter (yes, I remember it), was seen by the media as unprecedented, racist (yes, criticism against Clinton's debt up to 1995 was seen as racist because he championed the poor minority and felt their pain), and indicator of the worst politics ever. They championed debt as needed to get stuff done.

Now go check the stories from MSM while Reagan, GHWB and Dubyah were in office. Not so flattering, and to them, the national debt was a huge crisis. FFS, listen to Obama in 2006 and in 2008 on the campaign trail speaking about how tragic running up debt and having huge deficits was. See a pattern yet? OK, let me help here....

THE PARTY NOT IN POWER SAYS WHATEVER THE PARTY IN POWER IS DOING WILL DESTROY THE COUNTRY, MAYBE THE WHOLE PLANET. Never changes, never has, never will. Elect a Republican tomorrow, and every Democrat who currently does cartwheels and gyrations to apologize and excuse debt increase under Obama will start mewling about debt again and referencing "Clinton's surplus" which is actually part owned by Gingrich and Dole.

How do I know? Look at how the media and Democrats treat the issues of Libya, Egypt, Iraq, and Afghanistan since Jan 2009. Apparently, changing the occupant of the White House made garrisoning and interventionism all hip and cool again. Come Jan 2017, if a Republican is in the White House, Democrats will go right back to hating war, being peaceniks, calling Republicans imperialists, etc. OH, and like we didn't get daily tears and agony from Democrats for the whole 8 years of Bush? Even when he approved legislation written by Democrats and sponsored by Teddy K and his cohorts, he was wrong, evil, stupid, etc. Stop crying, this is what you get when your guy is in charge...half the country will hate him and bash him for something.

tl/dr - politics as usual, no racism involved in bashing Obama, Dems will be crying just as hard the instant a Republican takes the White House.
prophetic

Old 12-03-2018, 08:01 PM

8,347 posts, read 1,922,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
prophetic
Libertarians usually are.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:06 PM

9,355 posts, read 4,293,292 times
People should have known what they were getting in Obama considering his slip ups, the people he associated with, and his own words penned in his books.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies