Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 05:12 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
The 14 wasn't literal. But you know that so let's not pretend. A majority of liberals DO NOT WANT GUNS BANNED. TRUE LIBERALS LIKE MYSELF ARE NOT AGAINST GUNS.

Where did you get that I talk to or know just 15 people?
According to all the thousands of Liberals I've heard speak on the subject, they do want guns banned just like they are in other countries. I got that you talk to or just know 15 people from the same place that you got that there's only 15 people on the sites I go to.... Out of your behind... I was deflecting your idiot "assumption" right back at you. But lets not pretend that you're more of a authority on what most Liberals are saying than I am when you admittedly do not frequent Liberal news, antigun, and weblog websites. You even just proved my point with your assumption that there aren't many people on these site, and then your accusation that I was exaggerating because of it when YOU JUST ADMITTED THAT YOU NEVER EVEN GO TO THESE SITES. You clear are basing everything you say off of unfounded assumptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Whats with all the name calling? usually that is frowned upon by the mods, you know?

I hope the new year finds you with a bit more happiness.
Nice try, but no one is calling you names. You claimed to have known how many people I've talked to when you really had no clue, I called that idiotic.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:36 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Wrong again. Just because SOME want guns banned doesn't mean a majority does. Stop lying.
What lie? SOME DO WANT GUNS BANNED and you have been shown this...

Old 12-21-2013, 06:39 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
you called me an idiot. when I do that I get in trouble. but the mods are all right wingers so no big deal for you.

you read wrong because I did not claim how many people you've talked to.
still, no one on a large scale wants your guns and I do hope you have a happy holiday.
HOLLY CHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just fell outa my chair...how long have you been on C-D?

Old 12-21-2013, 06:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i will be very surprised if he escapes criminal and civil charges.
we live in an insane world. the heros of my childhood, law enforcement, would all be in jail today, their assailants free and rich from law suits against the city.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:55 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
If an intruder broke into my house, I would do nothing less than shoot to kill. I may -hope- the intruder lives because it is not my desire to kill anyone, just protect my family, but make no mistake, shotgun to center mass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
According to all the thousands of Liberals I've heard speak on the subject, they do want guns banned just like they are in other countries.
'All gun-banners are liberal' does not mean all liberals are gun banners.

The opposing sides on the gun issue are easier to distinguish based on an urban/suburban vs. rural divide rather than liberal vs. conservative.

The fact that many liberals live in cities while many conservatives live in rural areas obfuscates this, but many urban conservatives, mostly of the neocon variety, are at least somewhat for gun restrictions and regulations while many rural liberals (trending towards left libertarianism these days) like their guns.

Now since the above statements do not fit the Liberal vs. Conservative narrative that drives these discussions, please proceed to ignore it.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
If an intruder broke into my house, I would do nothing less than shoot to kill. I may -hope- the intruder lives because it is not my desire to kill anyone, just protect my family, but make no mistake, shotgun to center mass.

'All gun-banners are liberal' does not mean all liberals are gun banners.

The opposing sides on the gun issue are easier to distinguish based on an urban/suburban vs. rural divide rather than liberal vs. conservative.

The fact that many liberals live in cities while many conservatives live in rural areas obfuscates this, but many urban conservatives, mostly of the neocon variety, are at least somewhat for gun restrictions and regulations while many rural liberals (trending towards left libertarianism these days) like their guns.

Now since the above statements do not fit the Liberal vs. Conservative narrative that drives these discussions, please proceed to ignore it.
That may be true and yes I generalized because an overwhelming majority of Liberal live in urban/suburban areas (Blue state). Compared to Conservatives, an a overwhelming majority of gun control advocates are Liberal as well. Matter of fact, I can't think of any antigun Conservatives off the top of my head. I do not recall ever coming across one online either. Being that most Liberals aren't "rural liberals", and just about all Liberals in government are progun control, it is safe for me to make that generalization. Gun control is just as much of a Liberal cause as anti abortion is a Conservative cause. Yes, there are exceptions to the rules, but that still doesn't chance that fact.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:36 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
I have owned guns for 55 years and I have never killed anyone in this country. I hope I am never forced to do so, but make no mistake, I will if I am threatened and I will overcome it. I have already proven that to myself.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:59 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Not a celebration of death, but of victory. Sad to see someone had to die, but it is the risk one takes when they decide to be a criminal.
It is telling how one side only see the "tragic" deaths of a criminal who were no loss to society and not the success of the home owner defending his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Victory? Tell me, who exactly "won" in this situation? Certainly not the guy who died, and not the guy who got wounded, and definitely not the guy that was sadly forced so kill somebody.

That's gonna mess with your head.
Cleveland won, two less criminals, one forever one for a while, to terrorize the city and be a life long drain on society. Who knows how many lives will now not be destroyed or people who will not be traumatized because this one was killed and the other shot.

Not to mention the money society will be saved with this thug no longer alive. His death probably saved honest citizens tens of millions.
Does every murder in the United States really cost society $17 million?

Quote:
each burglary in the United States—a car break-in, for example—costs $41,288. For armed robberies the cost increases eightfold, to $335,733. Every aggravated assault costs $145,379. Each rape costs $448,532.

Then there is murder. The researchers, led by sociologist Matt DeLisi, put the price tag at a whopping $17,252,656.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Apparently the intruder was armed. Why do we have so many ARMED intruders and why do they have their own lobbyists?
I don't know, why don't you ask a liberal, the criminals best friend and thinks it's so terrible when they're removed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies