Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 01:56 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Intuition is not your strong suit.
And this is coming from someone who has to now explain to everyone he meets that he is married to a woman. You sound like some hot mess.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:57 PM

904 posts, read 687,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Good thing morality - yours or otherwise - don't factor into the equation:

"The United States Supreme Court made it clear that it has 'never held that moral disapproval, without any other asserted state interest, is a sufficient rationale under the Equal Protection Clause to justify a law that discriminates among groups of persons.' It is not appropriate to define the State’s interest as maintaining the tradition of marriage only between opposite-gender couples, any more than it was appropriate to define the State’s interest in as only maintaining same-race marriages. Articulating the governmental interest as maintaining the tradition of excluding same-gender marriages because “the ‘historic and cultural understanding of marriage’ has been between a man and a woman—cannot in itself provide a [sufficient] basis for the challenged exclusion. To say that the discrimination is ‘traditional’ is to say only that the discrimination has existed for a long time."
As defined by worldly educated sell outs, that don't posses a belief in the Creator of this school.
Ignore His laws for their own self importance.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:58 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Apparently you don't keep up with Obama's murder rampage, done in the name of the USA
Drone strikes kill, maim and traumatize too many civilians, U.S. study says - CNN.com
Off topic. No one condones that anyway, so I have no idea how that's relevant to this topic at hand.

Stop trying to derail this thread and get back on topic. Thanks.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:59 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,230 times
Quote:
If Marriage is no longer between a Man and a Woman, then my story is changed.

People ask if i am married, i will have to explain "yes to a woman" No i am not gay... (story changed)
I hear you, brother.

I remember, when suddenly, I could no longer just say that "I am married."

No, my story had been changed, too. Now, I needed to say "I am married. To a white woman." Life has never been the same. To this day, when somebody asks me if I am married, I affirm but make sure they understand that I am married to to white woman, and not one of those others. God forbid they would associate me with one of those. My Ego just wouldn't be able to cope with it.

It's clear that this should have never been allowed in the first place. I am sure that nobody asked the Creator or the Author of Life if it was alright to redefine (and defile) marriage in such a way.

Gosh - do you people ever stop and listen to yourselves?

Old 12-21-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
And this is coming from someone who has to now explain to everyone he meets that he is married to a woman. You sound like some hot mess.
You marginalize your argument by making sweeping platitudes...

Redefining traditional values is a crime to me. It is a tool of darkness to make good / bad, and bad/ good.

It was prophesied centuries ago that this would happen. And knowing it would, does not make it any more palatable.

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
I've already addressed this.

The divorce rate exploded when Gov't got involved. No fault is a man made construct.

The countries wars of profit, brought about a A-moral society, and the mess won't be cleaned up anytime soon.

Our sin has come home to us, and now we will all feel the pain and suffering that we project to the world.
I have no idea what you said, but it sounded a lot like you don't want to focus on fixing the divorce rate of heterosexual marriage.

Yeah you guys sure love it, huh? Fix that divorce rate before trying to deny other Americans their ability to marry. Thanks!

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
As defined by worldly educated sell outs, that don't posses a belief in the Creator of this school.
Ignore His laws for their own self importance.
Please take your fairy tales to the religion forum. Adults are trying to have a conversation here about civil marriage under our secular laws.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
I hear you, brother.

I remember, when suddenly, I could no longer just say that "I am married."

No, my story had been changed, too. Now, I needed to say "I am married. To a white woman." Life has never been the same. To this day, when somebody asks me if I am married, I affirm but make sure they understand that I am married to to white woman, and not one of those others. God forbid they would associate me with one of those. My Ego just wouldn't be able to cope with it.

It's clear that this should have never been allowed in the first place. I am sure that nobody asked the Creator or the Author of Life if it was alright to redefine (and defile) marriage in such a way.
I feel your pain. As a man of color, i have had to address being married to a white woman as well....

Old 12-21-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Please take your fairy tales to the religion forum. Adults are trying to have a conversation here about civil marriage under our secular laws.
I'll speak as i wish. Thank you.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:04 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
You know why most people are for homosexuality is because someone told them to be, right?

I highly doubt anyone that told you it was okay, has ever asked the Author of life.

Thinking for ourselves has gotten us a degenerate, corruption filled society, with very little love, sacrifice, self-less-ness, or a better existence.

It's like the drone masses being told to go to college, and yet everyone in Congress has gone to college, and i'm not impressed. Every world leader has gone to the finest Universities, and yet i am not impressed.

If you can't see the world is going down the crapper, at light speed. Then your reality may need to be checked.

The further we get away from the divine, the more we find humanity in darkness.

Our end, is total destruction, and it is at our door.
No one ever told me I had to like gay people. No one wrote it down for me as a rule. I read the Bible, was disgusted, and I chose to deny it. It's that simple.

Little love? I disagree. People are very loving toward each other. I see it first hand every day.

The world is going down the crapper? I don't believe that for a second. Statistically, we are living in the most peaceful time in human history. There are fewer wars and violent crimes now than there were a hundred years ago. Is that not what Jesus wanted?

We've made enormous advances in science. We've cured diseased and saved lives; there are people who would have died had we just relied on prayer and hope. We have yet to solve all of our problems, but the world is way better now than it was in the past. Don't fool yourself into thinking you'd have been happier in a very religious society without modern science and philosophy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies