Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 04:16 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Harrier doesnt believe in equal rights for polygamist ?
Harrier doesn't know what that comment is even supposed to mean, and it off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier doesn't know what that comment is even supposed to mean, and it off topic.
reread DSJJ251's first response to you and you will see what it means. and half this thread is off topic.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
reread DSJJ251's first response to you and you will see what it means. and half this thread is off topic.
Your first comment said that Utah had allowed gay marriage which Harrier demonstrated was a false statement.

Neither has anything to do with equal rights or polygamy.

Next?

Old 12-21-2013, 04:21 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
It was quite clear to many of us that the real racist, bigot, homophobe all along was obama. It's obama that's the "hater" the LWNJs all accuse us of being for pointing out the, now, obvious truth of that small manchild.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:23 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
It was quite clear to many of us that the real racist, bigot, homophobe all along was obama. It's obama that's the "hater" the LWNJs all accuse us of being for pointing out the, now, obvious truth of that small manchild.
Do tell please. Like, what are you talking about?

Old 12-21-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Your first comment said that Utah had allowed gay marriage which Harrier demonstrated was a false statement.

Neither has anything to do with equal rights or polygamy.

Next?
Harrier is making one argument in respect to the other and then hoping someone merges the 2 so that no one notices the flaw in his argument.

Regardless of if the judge is elected or not, it still occurred in the state and affects state law.

so, in the last week Utah allowed polygamy to stand and now has same sex marriage.

ANd yes, it does have to do with equal rights and polygamy, how exactly can it not when we are talking about gay marriage and polygamy? are you feeling ok. Even you dont play this naive.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:14 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
False dichotomy.

Take a logic and critical thinking class, for Pete's sake.

Oh, wait. You are a liberal.

Never mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmogrifier View Post
You do understand that the face your yelling at in the mirror is yours, right?
Oh. I see.

I disagree with what you say (because it has no merit whatsoever) and that automatically makes me, in your estimation, a "liberal."

Only goes to show how ignorant you really are.

Nobody who knows me would call me anything like a liberal.

In fact, I find it sad there ARE no conservatives actually anymore in America.

And for your information, I can't stand either Democrats OR Republicans, despise them both equally and refuse (as any rational person should) to vote for a candidate from either of those two parties for any national office ever.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Oh. I see.

I disagree with what you say (because it has no merit whatsoever) and that automatically makes me, in your estimation, a "liberal."

Only goes to show how ignorant you really are.

Nobody who knows me would call me anything like a liberal.

In fact, I find it sad there ARE no conservatives actually anymore in America.

And for your information, I can't stand either Democrats OR Republicans, despise them both equally and refuse (as any rational person should) to vote for a candidate from either of those two parties for any national office ever.
kinda destroyed your own argument by claiming anyone who disagrees with you is irrational.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
so, in the last week Utah allowed polygamy to stand and now has same sex marriage.
What in the world are you talking about?

Polygamy is illegal in Utah.

It was a condition of statehood that polygamy had to be prohibited by state law.

Polygamy has never "stood" in Utah(during statehood), and does not today.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:25 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You can separate the Jews from Israel? When a US president is giving support and assistance to Israel, does the world not associate these actions with assisting and supporting the Jews?
If you don't separate the Jews from Israel, that is actually racist. Like if the Vatican City were occupying parts of Rome it had no right to occupy, would that reflect on all 1 billion Catholics in the world, or just the government of Vatican City? Actually kind of a different scenario because Israel does not claim governance over the Jewish religion like Vatican City claims over Catholicism.

What I am saying is, a person can find nothing objectionable in Judaism and still find something objectionable in the Israeli government.

If you cannot separate the Jews from Israel, you are the one with the problem. There are plenty of Israelis who actually are horrified by the things their apartheid government does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies