Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 02:21 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Let me guess, you would take issue as well if the person who was fired was gay, right? Yeah, that's what I thought.
I don't think anyone should be fired for what they do on their own time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 02:25 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,530,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
Yeah because it's in the New York Post, not published by a news organization. However, if that turns out to be true, that's illegal depending on where they are, and should be nationwide.
The New York Post has more credibility than most liberal rags.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:27 PM

723 posts, read 634,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
The New York Post has more credibility than most liberal rags.
We're talking about the NY Post vs. actual news sources. It has nothing to do with a conservative vs. liberal ideology. It's a tabloid.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:29 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
We're talking about the NY Post vs. actual news sources. It has nothing to do with a conservative vs. liberal ideology. It's a tabloid.
Source is irrelevant in this instance. This isn't an opinion piece - a lawsuit has been filed. The article is filled with quotes and facts related to the case.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:31 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Just because a story isn't in a gay newsletter doesn't mean it isn't reliable.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:39 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Funny, I heard that he was fired for subletting his school provided apartment, and leaving students unattended. Seems to me that he better be able to back up his claims, because schools don't generally let anyone go without dotting all of their I's and crossing all of their T's.

Guess we will find out when the case is heard.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:40 PM

723 posts, read 634,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Funny, I heard that he was fired for subletting his school provided apartment, and leaving students unattended. Seems to me that he better be able to back up his claims, because schools don't generally let anyone go without dotting all of their I's and crossing all of their T's.

Guess we will find out when the case is heard.
And THIS is why the source is important. Tabloids are not news, and I'll wait to see it in a news source.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:41 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
If true, this person has a case against the boss. That's why we have laws that protect against sexual orientation discrimination. Believe it or not laws protecting race, religion, sex, sexual orientation work in ALL directions.

THAT'S something you won't know reading your silly right wing blogs and propaganda news sites.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:43 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
And THIS is why the source is important. Tabloids are not news, and I'll wait to see it in a news source.
Trinity School backs sports chief accused of firing coach for being straight - NY Daily News

There is one other source.

Quote:
Kenney was dismissed in 2012 over what he says were bogus charges concocted by Krieger that he had illegally sublet his school-provided apartment and left students unsupervised.
We hear all of the time how hard it is to fire a teacher. I'm sure if the school fired him, they made sure their info was checked and backed up.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:49 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Trinity School backs sports chief accused of firing coach for being straight - NY Daily News

There is one other source.

We hear all of the time how hard it is to fire a teacher. I'm sure if the school fired him, they made sure their info was checked and backed up.
If he was fired for being gay, I'm sure you wouldn't be so eager to support the notion that the school district did everything on the up-and-up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies