U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 04:38 PM

6,502 posts, read 5,071,287 times

Advertisements

Ivan Okhlobystin, Russian Actor, Says He Would Burn Gays Alive In Ovens

I specifically chose a source that should keep you liberals from questioning it. Over the past week, we have spent countless hours on tv and in print and on the web talking about what color a fictional character is (Santa) and a reality show stars personal, biblical beliefs. And this goes especially towards the GLAADS and PC police jerk offs. I havent heard much of anything from you on what this Russian star said. I dont hear peep from you on REAL ACTUAL hateful evil words towards Gays or Christians that happens and occurs around our world.

So quick to want to score political points, or put a dagger in the heart of Christianity, that you willingly look the other way knowing true atrocities are spoken and committed in the world. Prime example is the comment made by a Russian tv star. And not a damn peep from most of you. But hey, let's go after the guy who was asked a question and dared to say homosexuality is a sin but he respects and loves everybody.

Quote:
"I would put all the gays alive into an oven," Okhlobystin told cheering fans in the Siberian city of Novosibirsk. "This is Sodom and Gomorrah! As a religious person, I cannot be indifferent about it because it is a real threat to my children!"
And before someone tries to say it. This isnt biblical teaching. You dont wish death, let alone something like this, on someone who you believe sins. It is not on you to judge them as God and condemn them to death. That comment is on par with Hitler. Yet we are supposed to go after this Duck guy for what he said? Again, gays are killed in some countries and then you have talk like this in some countries. Yet we are to believe that America Christians are the enemy and need to be ruined?

Old 12-20-2013, 04:44 PM

32,461 posts, read 16,623,734 times
If Okhlobystin shows up on a channel directed at the US market, I will be right there raising (un)holy hell.

In the meantime, I can't really do much but shake my head over the backwards ways of Russia and rejoice that we managed to get as many of their former satellite states into the European sphere as we did.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:46 PM

9,033 posts, read 8,747,295 times
Maybe because this forum is based in the US and not in Russia?

Besides, when I recently started a thread about India's Supreme Court recriminalizing homosexuality, I was told by several of your fellow cons, in nearly so many words, "so what, it's their country."

But as long as we're discussing evil anti-gay actions overseas, news came out of Uganda today that they have enacted a law that calls for, among other things, 14-year jail sentences for gays, and makes it illegal NOT to rat on your neighbor if he or she is gay.

BBC News - Ugandan MPs pass life in jail anti-homosexual law

Old 12-20-2013, 04:47 PM

724 posts, read 548,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Maybe because this forum is based in the US and not in Russia?

Besides, when I recently started a thread about India's Supreme Court recriminalizing homosexuality, I was told by several of your fellow cons, in nearly so many words, "so what, it's their country."

But as long as we're discussing evil anti-gay actions overseas, news came out of Uganda today that they have enacted a law that calls for, among other things, 14-year jail sentences for gays, and makes it illegal NOT to rat on your neighbor if he or she is gay.

BBC News - Ugandan MPs pass life in jail anti-homosexual law
Very true, but we would have a much easier time trying to influence Russia than Uganda. (Well, except for the Americans that have campaigned in Uganda for this law.)

Old 12-20-2013, 04:48 PM

7,475 posts, read 20,204,946 times
It's a sure bet good old Ivan is gay...

Old 12-20-2013, 04:50 PM

14,920 posts, read 11,164,784 times
Why am I suppose to dismiss the vile and hateful comments of an American preacher simply because a Russian priest said something even more disgusting?

Old 12-20-2013, 04:52 PM

295 posts, read 312,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Ivan Okhlobystin, Russian Actor, Says He Would Burn Gays Alive In Ovens

I specifically chose a source that should keep you liberals from questioning it. Over the past week, we have spent countless hours on tv and in print and on the web talking about what color a fictional character is (Santa) and a reality show stars personal, biblical beliefs. And this goes especially towards the GLAADS and PC police jerk offs. I havent heard much of anything from you on what this Russian star said. I dont hear peep from you on REAL ACTUAL hateful evil words towards Gays or Christians that happens and occurs around our world.

So quick to want to score political points, or put a dagger in the heart of Christianity, that you willingly look the other way knowing true atrocities are spoken and committed in the world. Prime example is the comment made by a Russian tv star. And not a damn peep from most of you. But hey, let's go after the guy who was asked a question and dared to say homosexuality is a sin but he respects and loves everybody.

And before someone tries to say it. This isnt biblical teaching. You dont wish death, let alone something like this, on someone who you believe sins. It is not on you to judge them as God and condemn them to death. That comment is on par with Hitler. Yet we are supposed to go after this Duck guy for what he said? Again, gays are killed in some countries and then you have talk like this in some countries. Yet we are to believe that America Christians are the enemy and need to be ruined?
Ivan Okhlobystin is bad.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:53 PM

26,649 posts, read 17,312,632 times
Who watches Russian TV other than Russians?

I have posted several threads/posts on the subject of Russia's/Putin's horrendous treatment of gays and the human rights violations. This duck guy was fired for not being aligned with what a private business chooses to portray. Did the government arrrest him and order him imprisoned and shot by a firing squad? No, because he has freedom of speech and no one has violated his rights. A private company chose to hire him and they have the right to fire him...free enterprise ya know.

Who the hell is Ivan Okhlobystin and who the hell cares?!!! And btw...the right wing in the USA drools over Putin.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:55 PM

9,033 posts, read 8,747,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Why am I suppose to dismiss the vile and hateful comments of an American preacher simply because a Russian priest said something even more disgusting?
Apparently.

It's the same "argument" Russians use whenever they're criticized about their "don't say gay" law: "But but but... you can't lecture us about civil rights, because Edward Snowden! Drones! Etc.!"

Old 12-20-2013, 04:55 PM

22,301 posts, read 9,474,932 times
I believe posters on the thread have stated that the Russian laws and views on gays are deplorable. I do not know if the posters are "PC police jerk offs" as you so politely call them, or not. For example, many people posted their delight that the president is sending Billie Jean King as a representative for the Olympics to Russia. This is because of the draconian views of homosexuals. There has, in fact, also been violence against gays in Russia, possibly encouraged by Putin's edicts on homosexuality. But as others mentioned, the Russian in question does not have a media platform in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies