Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 04:45 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times

Advertisements

What the hell happened to leaving no man behind? I had actually forgotten about this guy, but to my dismay, I heard last night that we STILL have not done anything to free this man.

This man risked it all and helped us out. He can be credited for aiding in us getting Osama bin Laden. And what do we do in return why he sits in prison, being tortured? NOTHING.

What the hell do you think that says to other potential aid? Why the hell would they or should they risk a damn thing to help us if this is how we repay them?!?!

To hell with you Obama, and every other politician who has done NOTHING to help set this man free!!!

Heroic doctor Shakil Afridi who helped CIA get Bin Laden speaks of prison treatment | Mail Online

But I guess after we saw what happened to our men in Benghazi, perhaps we shouldnt be shocked. We even let down our own Americans and dont give them the help they need, letting them die. I am so friggin sick of Washington. So concerned with their own bs, their own political future, screw everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 05:03 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Sooo....what exactly should we do?

Should we-invade a nuclear armed country, killing who knows how many folks?

Should we-send in seal team six for a daring rescue from a prison?

Should we-put pressure behind the scenes to get this man a new trial in which he gets a sentence thats time served?

Hmmm....reading the news (2 days ago he got a new hearing) it seems like something is going on. But heres the thing-he is one of their citizens, not an American one.

What if we captured Snowden, should the soviet union come here after him to rescue him?

Being a international bully will not be to our long term benefit.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:06 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sooo....what exactly should we do?

Should we-invade a nuclear armed country, killing who knows how many folks?

Should we-send in seal team six for a daring rescue from a prison?

Should we-put pressure behind the scenes to get this man a new trial in which he gets a sentence thats time served?

Hmmm....reading the news (2 days ago he got a new hearing) it seems like something is going on. But heres the thing-he is one of their citizens, not an American one.

What if we captured Snowden, should the soviet union come here after him to rescue him?

Being a international bully will not be to our long term benefit.
We dont do NOTHING! This guy is our own as far as Im concerned. We do everything we can, short of war, to get him free. This guy risked his life to help get Osama. And we havent done a thing for him. I havent heard anything in Obama's dumb speeches calling for his release.

This has nothing to do with being a bully. You dont leave your own behind. And he is our own in my back for what he did. Not only that, think about what this says to others that have opportunity to risk their lives to do something good. Why the hell would they if we do nothing for them?

Old 12-20-2013, 05:07 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
I wonder how many dreams he was sold by the CIA folks.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:18 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Obama will have him transferred to gitmo soon I'm sure. I mean they don't want him to talk after all about the entire BS raid and tossing of binny into the ocean. What a joke I still can't believe anybody believes that nonsense. Just shows how lost the nation is.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:22 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
I see no liberals give a rip. Not a shock. They would probably love to keep gitmo open just for this guy the hypocrites. It's just unbelievable.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:29 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
This guy should have been given the 1 million or whatever it was and safe passage for him and his family.They should be living in the US.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
That guy needs to be brought to the United States as soon as possible.

[as in now]

Old 12-20-2013, 10:52 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Lay off guys! Obama is on his annual taxpayer funded golf vacation to Hawaii for the next 17 days. He'll deal with this stuff when he gets back.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:14 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Lay off guys! Obama is on his annual taxpayer funded golf vacation to Hawaii for the next 17 days. He'll deal with this stuff when he gets back.
You do realize that Obama is from Hawaii. So what is your problem with him spending Christmas there with his family And I'm sure you also realize that a president is never on vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies