U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has World War III already begun?
Yes it has already begun 13 24.07%
No its not that serious 23 42.59%
Its too soon to know for sure 18 33.33%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:32 PM

3,096 posts, read 6,776,929 times

Advertisements

With our military Still involved in Iraq and Afghanistan, and possibly getting involved in Iran, do you believe that we are headed for something far more serious? As serious as World War III.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 03:36 PM

19,521 posts, read 20,908,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
With our military Still involved in Iraq and Afghanistan, and possibly getting involved in Iran, do you believe that we are headed for something far more serious? As serious as World War III.
Anyone under the age of 30 won't have to ask that question when a real war breaks out.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:07 PM

I think if we can succeed and get out of Iraq, and not go into Iran then I think we'll be OK. But if we continue to stay in Iraq, plus get involved in Iran, then we will have paved the way.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
I think if we can succeed and get out of Iraq, and not go into Iran then I think we'll be OK. But if we continue to stay in Iraq, plus get involved in Iran, then we will have paved the way.
What if we get out of Iraq, ignore Iran, but get into Darfur?

Old 11-26-2007, 04:10 PM

Personally I think we need to stay out of all those countries affairs, UNLESS they directly attack us.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:11 PM

13,784 posts, read 23,813,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What if we get out of Iraq, ignore Iran, but get into Darfur?
Good luck picking your way through the tribes...

Think it is tough identifying good and bad guys in Iraq, Darfur will be much worse.

WWIII isn't even on the horizon.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:11 PM

34 posts, read 16,631 times
I was listening to Pat Buchanan promoting his latest book on radio today. He stated how we were falling apart and in his belief would not stand as a nation much longer. He further stated that our deployable Army was only about 500,000. Not sure what that means or what he means by that figure. I do know that we are not in much of a position to do much about the Russians or the Chinese should they decide to get out of hand. Lets hope and pray not because I don't htink we could win without going nuclear. Our world war three though is mostly internal. We are self destructing from within. We are beginning to hate one another more than our enemies. We are becoming Balcanized. I hope some of the folks that hate us so much are prepared to have their x boxes and computers snatched from their hands by a Chinaman and made to bring him his supper. If your lucky enough for the position. Remember the famous words of the man you all so love to hate. "If your not for us your against us". For my part I am forever greatful I learned the message of what it is to be an American. That is a pretty special thing which money won't buy.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Good luck picking your way through the tribes...

Think it is tough identifying good and bad guys in Iraq, Darfur will be much worse.

WWIII isn't even on the horizon.
Thanks for the sanity.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:27 PM

11,127 posts, read 12,682,133 times
I always thought the Cold War was WWIII.

However, Germany went from the ashes to a world power in a decade so I won't be so presumptuous to say what will or will not happen over the next few years but it is plausible.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:42 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,936,603 times
That's a good question. The word I hear is that the "Classic" World Wars (like the ones John Wayne won ) are probably a thing of the past. In WWI and WWII, we had nation fighting nation, over both territory and resources. Warring nations wanted "stuff" that other nations had, and the access to be able to "get" it.

The future will probably be the era of cultural wars. I forsee less nation-on-nation, and more of a "cultural" or religious slant. Al Qaeda is an early example of what the future might hold. They don't really WANT anything, except they want us GONE.

Perhaps future wars will be among ethnic groups, with the "fighters" on each side coming from a number of countries. (Again, the insurgents in Iraq are an example). Perhaps we'll see giant multinational corporations willing to "go it alone" and simply defy international law to "take" things (such as oil) to be sold to the highest bidder. The condemnation of many countries, or of the UN, will mean little to these people, because they won't be a "nation" they'll just be a "force".

Interesting subject. I'd guess the "classic, formal" World War won't happen again, but we could see huge, world-ranging conflicts in which many parties are "sucked in", without any clear "front lines" or "enemy territory" as we've understood these up to now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies