Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 12:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
Ever been to Albuquerque , New Mexico , Puerto Rico, Brownsville, tx? Hispanic on Hispanic murders happen everyday.
Or try Ciudad Juarez and Tijuana. Yet -- those are very rich cities by Mexican standards, there is much less violent crime in much poorer regions. Crime in Oaxaca is very low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
Our crime rate in Puerto Rico is one of the highest in the US per capita.
Yet El Paso which is one of the poorest cities and more than 90% hispanic is one of the safest cities anywhere.

It's not really poverty or race I think that leads to criminality. I'm not as scared of poor people as many liberals seem to be.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
This is why I always say 99% of "racism" is actually "classism". People don't fear the Doctors cited moving in next door or flooding into their kids' school system. They fear poor, low class blacks moving in next door or into their kids' school. Sadly there are soooo many poor, low class blacks that it often gets confused. That and self appointed black leaders like Sharpton, along with the mainstream media love to just call everything "racism" because it requires very little thought and of course you can still support the Democrats this way because you don't have to think about what they're actually doing to the poor they pretend to protect.
Why would you fear black carpenters or black plumbers? Or black janitors? Or black fast food worker.

I wouldn't --- they can be just as honest as the wealthy black physician. Or more honest.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:16 PM

237 posts, read 191,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yet El Paso which is one of the poorest cities and more than 90% hispanic is one of the safest cities anywhere.

It's not really poverty or race I think that leads to criminality. I'm not as scared of poor people as many liberals seem to be.
That's because all the violence happens Juarez... El Paso is by no means safe anyway. Crimes don't always get reported. Bodies disappear across the border.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
That's because all the violence happens Juarez... El Paso is by no means safe anyway. Crimes don't always get reported. Bodies disappear across the border.
I know that --- I know a guy who ended up as a corpse on a Juarez street -- and he did not go over there on his own volition -- but still it's a city where you can be out anywhere at 2 am and your car breaks down, you wouldn't hesitate to walk to get help if you had to.

The only people who might need to be afraid are not rich or poor -- but involved with the cartels. The cartels are not the poor people either.

Old 12-25-2013, 02:36 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I come from a place where the violent crime rates rivaled the big 3 in the past. In fact, they were higher than the big 3 at one point.

The population is majority white.

Also, what about "Gangster City?" You know, the term given to gangland Chicago. What race was committing the majority of crimes then?
Chicago even in 1910, 9 years before Prohibition, had the highest murder rate in the world. It was twice as dangerous as New York and five times as dangerous as London.

Chicago in 1910 was 99 percent white.

Chicago during the Capone era was about 90 percent white.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:14 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,484,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
Our crime rate in Puerto Rico is one of the highest in the US per capita.
Good.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:31 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigiousReputability View Post
Many ppl love to focus on how certain minority groups commit disproportionate levels of crime but don't they realize that when those groups are middle class or affluent, their criminal offending rates goes down CATASTROPHICALLY.
Catastrophically?

Really?

Do you even know what the word means?

Old 12-26-2013, 12:32 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,863,608 times
Bernie Madoff was crucified for the crimes of Wall Street, the SEC and the Federal Reserve Bank.

Now, they are saved because of the sacrifice.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:01 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
No, what I'm saying is the poor whites in my area have a much lower crime rate than poor blacks. In the county I live the population is about 300K, perhaps 1 or 2% is black. At this point in time we're going to have about 75% of the murders were committed in the black community.

Is that possible to be an exception as opposed to the rule? There really poor areas in the deep south with 100% black populations and virtually no crime as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies