Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 03:59 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
This was not at issue. They first said he was suspended from filming. Obviously the episodes scheduled to air in a matter of weeks have already been filmed.
Yes, you are correct. I just pulled it from HuffPo. No idea why they thought this was big news for today.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:14 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Another fact is US law isn't based on the Bible.

Another fact is there is nothing factual to equate homosexuality with " Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men" as he has done.

Another fact is he's free to voice his O-P-I-N-I-O-N.

Another fact is others are free to voice their opinions about him.
He was not equating homosexual behavior with anything; he was just listing acts which are abhorrent to him and his religion. Read the text of the article more carefully.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:18 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,093,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
He was not equating homosexual behavior with anything; he was just listing acts which are abhorrent to him and his religion. Read the text of the article more carefully.
He said those other behaviors morph out from homosexuality.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:20 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,975 times
I don't watch this show but the gay people don't tolerate anyone being critical of their lifestyle.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:23 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,495,259 times
So many people talk about Phil Robertsons rights and freedom of speech.

In America people has freedon of speach as an amendment right, but according to
God's Holy Word Phil Robertson and all other Christians do not have
the right to freedom of speech.

Mt:5:22: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother
without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment:
and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council:
but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Col:3:8: But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice,
blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9: Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

Col:4:6: Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt,
that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:28 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
I don't watch this show but the gay people don't tolerate anyone being critical of their lifestyle.
I don't recall Phil saying anything about my lifestyle. I only remember him saying vile, untrue, and hateful things about me he attributes on the basis of my sexual orientation.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:34 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,086,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Once you add the restriction ("the person of the opposite sex"), you are legalizing discrimination.

So you admit that you support legal discrimination against your fellow citizens.
Then why does it stop there? Who gave gays the right to define what marriage is? If same sex is ok, the inter-species is ok. Marry a damn monkey then. And why should ageism be used as discriminatory? Muslims routinely marry 5 or 6 years olds. Good enough for them why not us? Any why limit it to living things? Plants must be included, along with lampposts and mailboxes. Why can't I marry my Mercedes?

Yes, I support discrimination on all of the above, including same sex marriage. However, if we're going to broaden the definition, everybody should have a seat at that table. Or there should be no redefinition.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
He said those other behaviors morph out from homosexuality.
No, that's not even close to what he said. He was "morphing" out to other sins, but not comparing them or tying them together.

FAIL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Makes ya wonder why. Could it be because they, too, know deep within that they're wrong? I think so. They don't like it when others also know and point it out to them.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:39 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Then why does it stop there? Who gave gays the right to define what marriage is? If same sex is ok, the inter-species is ok. Marry a damn monkey then. And why should ageism be used as discriminatory? Muslims routinely marry 5 or 6 years olds. Good enough for them why not us? Any why limit it to living things? Plants must be included, along with lampposts and mailboxes. Why can't I marry my Mercedes?

Yes, I support discrimination on all of the above, including same sex marriage. However, if we're going to broaden the definition, everybody should have a seat at that table. Or there should be no redefinition.

Consent.

Consent.

Consent.

Consent.

Consent.

Consent.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:40 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,512,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I don't recall Phil saying anything about my lifestyle. I only remember him saying vile, untrue, and hateful things about me he attributes on the basis of my sexual orientation.

You need to actually read the interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies