Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2013, 11:52 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Chief Justice Earl Warren's opinion for the unanimous court held that:
"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival.... To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discrimination. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State."

Why do those that are so against gay marriage feel they need to infringe on the rights of the individual when they are often times the ones that try to scream the loudest about individual rights?

Old 12-25-2013, 11:52 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Are you trying to say the ruling on Brown v Board of Education and the 13th and 14th Amendments are wrong and unconstitutional?
No, they were correct.

But you as much as admitted that you think that Plessy vs. Ferguson and Dred Scott vs. Sanford were decided correctly.

Quote:
If you must think that, then yes both of those cases were decided correctly because a judge ruled them to be.
All Harrier can think to respond to that is .

Old 12-25-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No, they were correct.

But you as much as admitted that you think that Plessy vs. Ferguson and Dred Scott vs. Sanford were decided correctly.

All Harrier can think to respond to that is .
Actually you are confusing "correct" with "agree." It is an easy mistake, so I will overlook it for you.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Actually you are confusing "correct" with "agree." It is an easy mistake, so I will overlook it for you.
It is the same thing.

Essentially you are saying that you support slavery and the principle of separate but equal.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
It is the same thing.

Essentially you are saying that you support slavery and the principle of separate but equal.
Nope, that is you confusing "correct" and "agree." I do not support slavery, I do not support separate but equal, nor do I support any ban on gay marriage. Those are all statements I am making, they should all be very easy for you to understand.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Nope, that is you confusing "correct" and "agree." I do not support slavery, I do not support separate but equal, nor do I support any ban on gay marriage. Those are all statements I am making, they should all be very easy for you to understand.
You said that you agree with the Plessy vs Ferguson and Dred Scott vs. Sanford decisions.

You can't agree with them unless you support slavery or the principle of separate but equal.

Besides, you said that the cases were decided correctly.

Quote:
If you must think that, then yes both of those cases were decided correctly because a judge ruled them to be.
So which is it?

Old 12-26-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
You said that you agree with the Plessy vs Ferguson and Dred Scott vs. Sanford decisions.

You can't agree with them unless you support slavery or the principle of separate but equal.

Besides, you said that the cases were decided correctly.

So which is it?
I do not agree with those two rulings, though the judges ruled on them how they felt were correct, thus made them law binding rulings. You are confusing what I do and don't agree with with how a ruling was done.

I have fully stated my answer to your questions that are now off topic, if you are not happy with it, you are welcome to message me, but I am going to move back to the topic and no longer continue this off topic conversation you are trying to have.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
I do not agree with those two rulings, though the judges ruled on them how they felt were correct, thus made them law binding rulings. You are confusing what I do and don't agree with with how a ruling was done.
You cannot feel that they were decided correctly without agreeing that slavery and the principle of separate but equal are valid.

Did you also think that Bowers vs. Hardwick was decided correctly?

After all, it was a "law binding" ruling from the Supreme Court.

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

Old 12-26-2013, 07:23 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
No, Harrier does not use that criteria to define himself. It may be true, but that is not the core of Harrier's self identity.

Sex is way down on the list of what most normal people would cite when they are defining themselves.

It is right at the top for gay people.

Harrier wants to know why.
No, it's not. It is for you though, you're the one with gay sex on your mind & you're the one talking about it, not the gays. Why is that?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:31 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
The Golden Rule was created by Jesus Christ - and liberals hate the people who accept Him as their Lord and Savior.
Many liberals are Christians. I know liberal ministers, pastors and priests.

People who do not accept Christ include Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Sikhs, Ba'hais, Zoroastrians, Shintoist, Wiccans, Atheists, etc. ... and they make up 70% of the world's population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies