U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-26-2013, 09:42 AM
 
12,270 posts, read 10,101,513 times
Reputation: 8053

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You sometimes think he is smarter only because you find it impossible for someone to be that stupid. Trust me, Biden truly is that stupid.
Lol! I have no problem conceding the point.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-26-2013, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Billings, MT
9,867 posts, read 8,981,917 times
Reputation: 14008
"Not nearly as scary as former Speaker Pelosi."

Yes, I agree. That was my greatest fear during her tenure, that something would happen to make her president!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,782 posts, read 15,356,829 times
Reputation: 7965
There's still a pretty good chance that Biden will end up as the 2016 nominee. Although right now it appears that Hillary will run, there is a good case to be made that she doesn't really want to. But she and Bill have turned monetizing her 'presumptive nominee' status into an art form.
Goldman Sachs Gives Hillary Clinton Almost Half A Million Dollars In Less Than A Week | JONATHAN TURLEY

If Hillary ultimately decides not to run, there is a dearth of alternatives, and Biden becomes the frontrunner. Biden's compelling motivation would be to shake off the label of national laughingstock. Running a solid campaign for prez in 2016, even if he loses, is his best hope of doing that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
17,824 posts, read 21,251,370 times
Reputation: 6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
There's still a pretty good chance that Biden will end up as the 2016 nominee. Although right now it appears that Hillary will run, there is a good case to be made that she doesn't really want to. But she and Bill have turned monetizing her 'presumptive nominee' status into an art form.
Goldman Sachs Gives Hillary Clinton Almost Half A Million Dollars In Less Than A Week | JONATHAN TURLEY

If Hillary ultimately decides not to run, there is a dearth of alternatives, and Biden becomes the frontrunner. Biden's compelling motivation would be to shake off the label of national laughingstock. Running a solid campaign for prez in 2016, even if he loses, is his best hope of doing that.
I agree, a very good chance. It is quite common for VP's seeking election as President to be nominated by their party. Both Republicans and Democrats do it all the time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 02:05 PM
 
Location: Eastern NC
20,870 posts, read 19,789,257 times
Reputation: 18750
Actually I think Biden is a lot smarter that most republicans give him credit for. If fact, I think Biden is a lot smarter than most republicans.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 02:07 PM
 
16,308 posts, read 26,095,581 times
Reputation: 8324
While it is clear cut this guy is a total idiot, he looks like a genius when standing beside Sarah Palin.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 02:14 PM
 
29,633 posts, read 14,977,824 times
Reputation: 14420
Sorry but having actually watched the vice presidential debates, Bidens a LOT smarter then the right seems to realize here. Underestimate him at your own peril.

But....he isn't a great speaker like most presidents are. He puts his foot in his mouth on a regular basis. But these are speaking errors, not intelligence issues.

In other words, he is an excellent vice president. But I suspect he might have issues running for president.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
23,376 posts, read 29,270,718 times
Reputation: 7062
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Actually I think Biden is a lot smarter that most republicans give him credit for. If fact, I think Biden is a lot smarter than most republicans.
Think again!

Also, he will be 74 years old in 2016. Older than McCain was in the 2008 presidential election.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 04:15 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,323 posts, read 20,403,604 times
Reputation: 18436
Boy, VP Joe Biden sure did wipe the floor with Paul "Marty Feldman" Ryan in their VP debate last year.

He stands head and shoulders above any Republican.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2013, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Salisbury,NC
14,276 posts, read 5,886,820 times
Reputation: 6587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You sometimes think he is smarter only because you find it impossible for someone to be that stupid. Trust me, Biden truly is that stupid.
So when he cleaned the floor with LyinRyan the level of stupidty must have been below sea level
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top