Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 12:40 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It's party about the goodies, but the larger motive is to force societal acceptance of homosexual lifestyles and gay sex.
Turn on your television..... They don't need to legalize gay marriage to force acceptance of homosexual lifestyles { as you put it } It's all over the place. I can't think of one comedy or drama that doesn't feature a homosexual couple or hasn't addressed the issue in the past at some point. The more homosexuality is depicted as a normal part of society, the more society will accept homosexuality as time goes on.

Again, I'm all for gay Rights and have nothing against gay people. If your gay, be gay. I do take issue with it being forced on everyone in television, movies, and other popular culture, much in the same way I take issue with all the same-sex stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 01:32 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Turn on your television..... They don't need to legalize gay marriage to force acceptance of homosexual lifestyles { as you put it } It's all over the place. I can't think of one comedy or drama that doesn't feature a homosexual couple or hasn't addressed the issue in the past at some point. The more homosexuality is depicted as a normal part of society, the more society will accept homosexuality as time goes on.
That is all part of the gay army's strategy to force acceptance of homosexual lifestyles and gay sex.

They want to shove it down our throats, which is why they are going to force children, our most precious individuals, to watch the perversity of a gay marriage during the Rose Parade.

Harrier has a program and knows when the Cal Poly Universities float(representing his university - Cal Poly Pomona, and our sister school, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo) will be going by Orange Grove/Colorado.

He will watch that float but not the immoral gay marriage promoting float.

The gay army strategy won't work.

Most people understand basic human morals and common human decency.

They will reject the gay army's shameless attempt to legitimize their perverse and immoral lifestyle.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:05 AM

Quote:
That is all part of the gay army's strategy to force acceptance of homosexual lifestyles and gay sex.

They want to shove it down our throats, which is why they are going to force children, our most precious individuals, to watch the perversity of a gay marriage during the Rose Parade.

Harrier has a program and knows when the Cal Poly Universities float(representing his university - Cal Poly Pomona, and our sister school, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo) will be going by Orange Grove/Colorado.

He will watch that float but not the immoral gay marriage promoting float.

The gay army strategy won't work.

Most people understand basic human morals and common human decency.

They will reject the gay army's shameless attempt to legitimize their perverse and immoral lifestyle.
I thought you supported freedom as a Conservative? Didn't you say that in another thread?

You support a false freedom....

Old 12-31-2013, 06:30 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Harrier isn't against marriage - and you do not like marriage rules otherwise you wouldn't support the overturning of them by unelected judges in states such as Utah and California.

Yet in a post above, you seemed to support rules that society has to make for society.

So, which is it?

Can people make societal rules or not?
If Harrier doesn't like judges making decisions for society, Harrier must be against Loving v Virginia. Unless Harrier supports unelected judges making decisions....

Old 12-31-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
That is already the reality in all states. I can't think of the last time I saw a pack of cigs in the store that wasn't out of reach and behind the cashier. I believe the law mandates it but I'm not sure.

King Bloomberg however, wants them hidden from sight so that kids don't see them and don't think about them and don't think about using them. That is social engineering and just ridiculous. It's basically the government telling people that they need to take over because people cannot be trusted to make an informed decision about what is best for them..... I don't need a nanny, do you?

{ what kills me is the fact that the same people who want cigs hidden behind a counter have no problems with walking in a grocery store with three or four isles dedicated to wine } Why is alcohol and ads for alcohol not treated the same as tobacco....? ]
Who cares, Bloomberg's last day is today.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I support legalizing gay marriage, but what "joys" will they gain with a marriage license { a piece of paper } that they are deprived of without it? Let's be real here, it's about getting the same federal benefits as same sex couples which I am fine with. It's not about the "joys" of marriage.
Well why do straight people get married? Personally I love my wife and want to spend the rest of my life with her. If something were to happen to me, I would want what is mine be hers. If I were in the hospital, I would want her to be able to visit because she is my family. If I needed a medical decision made, I would want her to be able to legally make it.

There are a lot of joys that come with marriage. If you think marriage is just a piece of paper, you should never get married.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well why do straight people get married? Personally I love my wife and want to spend the rest of my life with her. If something were to happen to me, I would want what is mine be hers. If I were in the hospital, I would want her to be able to visit because she is my family. If I needed a medical decision made, I would want her to be able to legally make it.

There are a lot of joys that come with marriage. If you think marriage is just a piece of paper, you should never get married.
Two people can be married in their hearts and minds and amongst family and friends without a piece of paper making it so..... just say'in

Old 12-31-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I thought you supported freedom...
He does.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
If you think marriage is just a piece of paper, you should never get married.
You just made an excellent argument against gay marriage, and also stated quote clearly why government should get out of the marriage business.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
If Harrier doesn't like judges making decisions for society, Harrier must be against Loving v Virginia. Unless Harrier supports unelected judges making decisions....
Harrier opposes unelected judges making law.

In Loving v Virginia, the justices upheld the law and affirmed marriage as a union of a man and a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies