Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 06:31 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
You are in error in your statements that we as a society does not take care of its poor.
I would be in error if I actually said that. In reality, much of what I've said is directly contradictory to what you apparently decided to believe I said. For instance, I made the point that societies have been working toward ever-increasing levels of consideration of the basic needs of the poor for over three hundred years. (You'll recall a previous poster complained about my saying that, seemingly insisting that if the change in society didn't happen all at once that long ago that therefore nothing actually started at that time.) Also, I made the point that the regression in society regarding regard for those less fortunate started a generation or so ago, and I even referred specifically to an inflection point in some very common graphs of metrics that serve as indicator of when things started to degrade. So all in all your presumption about what it is I wrote, which you're attempting to reply to, was not only off-course, but in some ways 180 degrees off-course.

Quote:
I am not sure if you are failing to understand this or are choosing to ignore it, BUU, but you can take every single dime away from the wealthy and give it to the poor, and because of the standards and systems established by those from whom you take the money, they will figure out a way to get it back.
Prove definitively that there is absolutely nothing that any society can do to retain at least the level of economic justice that our society previously achieved. We'll keep it simple - just focus on the wages and productivity metric that I've mentioned a few times now, and prove definitively that there is no way to get those metrics back to where they were and/or no way to keep those metrics with that balance or better, long-term. Of course, you can't, but even if you could make some defense for such an outlandish claim, such fatalism doesn't lead to any mitigation of the harmful regression I've been talking about. It's like you're just giving up and bending over and taking whatever the bullies want to inflict. That may be your response to hard work, but it isn't a response to the situation that I can admire.

Quote:
Now you won't take the money away from people like George Soros, your mentor, just the middle class and above who are just hard working people.
I won't? What an incredibly ridiculous attempt to deflect attention away from points you don't like by posting utterly fabricated poppycock. You don't know me - or more precisely, you don't want to know what I would or wouldn't do, because if you had to admit it to yourself you'd have to admit that the point you're trying to make here is inane and without merit, and you evidently need to try to say something, even in the context of practically complete ignorance about me personally, to try to distract yourself what I wrote. Let's make a deal. I'll talk about libertarians and neocon and reactionaries, and I won't make inane personal pronouncements about you personally, and you will talk about liberals and Democrats and such, and you won't make inane personal pronouncements about me personally. Deal?

Quote:
The real purpose of this message is to let my listmates know that you have an agenda, and there is no reason to be upset with you. We just have to stop your agenda because it will topple America, your ultimate goal.
And thanks for making clear the conspiracy-theory nature of your comments. The reality, of course, is that people disagree with you and your right-wing cohort. More people than you want to admit. Indeed, arguably, if you remove all those your side has duped into supporting their corrupted intentions, a majority of people disagree with what you want. And you really must hate that. Regardless, the "agenda" everyone should have is to put American society back on the path it was on, the path that leads away from the critically destabilizing path libertarian-afflicted neocons have put us on over the last generation or so, where the poor have gotten poorer and the rich have gotten much richer.

Sit back and watch this video, if you're willing to open your mind to the perspective that repudiates your own:

Wealth Inequality in America - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 01:09 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I would be in error if I actually said that. In reality, much of what I've said is directly contradictory to what you apparently decided to believe I said. For instance, I made the point that societies have been working toward ever-increasing levels of consideration of the basic needs of the poor for over three hundred years. (You'll recall a previous poster complained about my saying that, seemingly insisting that if the change in society didn't happen all at once that long ago that therefore nothing actually started at that time.) Also, I made the point that the regression in society regarding regard for those less fortunate started a generation or so ago, and I even referred specifically to an inflection point in some very common graphs of metrics that serve as indicator of when things started to degrade. So all in all your presumption about what it is I wrote, which you're attempting to reply to, was not only off-course, but in some ways 180 degrees off-course.

Prove definitively that there is absolutely nothing that any society can do to retain at least the level of economic justice that our society previously achieved. We'll keep it simple - just focus on the wages and productivity metric that I've mentioned a few times now, and prove definitively that there is no way to get those metrics back to where they were and/or no way to keep those metrics with that balance or better, long-term. Of course, you can't, but even if you could make some defense for such an outlandish claim, such fatalism doesn't lead to any mitigation of the harmful regression I've been talking about. It's like you're just giving up and bending over and taking whatever the bullies want to inflict. That may be your response to hard work, but it isn't a response to the situation that I can admire.

I won't? What an incredibly ridiculous attempt to deflect attention away from points you don't like by posting utterly fabricated poppycock. You don't know me - or more precisely, you don't want to know what I would or wouldn't do, because if you had to admit it to yourself you'd have to admit that the point you're trying to make here is inane and without merit, and you evidently need to try to say something, even in the context of practically complete ignorance about me personally, to try to distract yourself what I wrote. Let's make a deal. I'll talk about libertarians and neocon and reactionaries, and I won't make inane personal pronouncements about you personally, and you will talk about liberals and Democrats and such, and you won't make inane personal pronouncements about me personally. Deal?

And thanks for making clear the conspiracy-theory nature of your comments. The reality, of course, is that people disagree with you and your right-wing cohort. More people than you want to admit. Indeed, arguably, if you remove all those your side has duped into supporting their corrupted intentions, a majority of people disagree with what you want. And you really must hate that. Regardless, the "agenda" everyone should have is to put American society back on the path it was on, the path that leads away from the critically destabilizing path libertarian-afflicted neocons have put us on over the last generation or so, where the poor have gotten poorer and the rich have gotten much richer.

Sit back and watch this video, if you're willing to open your mind to the perspective that repudiates your own:

Wealth Inequality in America - YouTube
Could you post a video about the wealth gap in China or North Korea?

This idea of "Economical Justice" is a joke and bad one at that.

Quote:
Regardless, the "agenda" everyone should have is to put American society back on the path it was on, the path that leads away from the critically destabilizing path libertarian-afflicted neocons have put us on over the last generation or so, where the poor have gotten poorer and the rich have gotten much richer.
Funny haven't statist had complete control over the system during that time?

Funny where are the countless government programs the left said would lift the lower classes out over poverty?

Where the millions of jobs the failed stimulus would produce?

How has Quantitative Easing rounds 2 and 3 worked out?

Use the blame game, name call and use emotions, this will not cover up the collectivist failures nor will the prevent more of them....

Old 01-04-2014, 02:32 PM

733 posts, read 939,896 times
A better question is why do right wingers like the tea party and objectivists and the like have to hijack the designation Libertarian, Libertarianism and the right are mutually exclusive, it's annoying to people who know what political terms mean.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Just pony up. Don't like it that is your problem. You barely pay in taxes what you suck of the teet. You have the delusion that your tax dollars pays for every benefit offered. If you did we would not be in debt.

If you actually paid for the services you use, your tax rate would be far higher. Someone is paying your share. I wonder how those folks feel?

Cool story brah! I actually work for a living and a certain portion of my earnings are withheld, so I don't know where you came up with that I'm sucking off of the teet? But again, we love to make ASSumptions, don't we Jones!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies