Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 07:38 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

I have never watched Duck Dynasty and I never will. I hate almost all reality TV. I find it to be boring, unintelligent drivel and pandering.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:51 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
GLAAD did not make the decision. A&E did. Question: What power over A&E does GLAAD hold?

GLAAD and every other group comprised of Americans are under no duty to keep "their mouth shut." It is our American right to assemble and speak.

Again - get over it.
If glaad would not have said anything, would A&E done anything?

You're right, but getting someone removed from a TV show because you don't like what they said is wrong....

Unless you can confirm that A&E was going to remove Phil from the TV show prior to glaad speaking out, then the only logical conclusion is that it was because glaad started crap because of what someone said...

Old 12-29-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If glaad would not have said anything, would A&E done anything?
I don't know. I don't have a crystal ball or time machine. You are dodging the question. What power does GLAAD hold over TPTB at A&E? How was A&E forced to take the actions they did?

Quote:
You're right, but getting someone removed from a TV show because you don't like what they said is wrong....

Unless you can confirm that A&E was going to remove Phil from the TV show prior to glaad speaking out, then the only logical conclusion is that it was because glaad started crap because of what someone said...

I don't think it is right or wrong. A&E is an employer. As such, they have the right to discipline their employees any way they see fit.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:56 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
GLAAD did not make the decision. A&E did. Question: What power over A&E does GLAAD hold?

GLAAD and every other group comprised of Americans are under no duty to keep "their mouth shut." It is our American right to assemble and speak.

Again - get over it.
So does anyone who opposes gay propaganda.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:56 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Meme Maker - Make a meme with Meme Maker and share it with friends!

A&E Welcomes Phil Robertson Back to 'Duck Dynasty'

Victory! Good to see that sometimes, we can over power the left and the PC police.
Everyone got fooled. The whole thing was a con to sell more DD garbage to fundamentalists before Christmas, and it worked good.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
So does anyone who opposes gay propaganda.

Yep. Never said otherwise.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
I don't know. I don't have a crystal ball or time machine. You are dodging the question. What power does GLAAD hold over TPTB at A&E? How was A&E forced to take the actions they did?
Quote:
Following calls from GLAAD, A&E Network has placed Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty on an indefinite filming hiatus after he made
A&E Network places star on indefinite filming hiatus following anti-gay remarks | GLAAD

Sorry to burst your bubble....but if glaad would not have said anything, A&E would not have done anything....

Quote:
I don't think it is right or wrong. A&E is an employer. As such, they have the right to discipline their employees any way they see fit.
Again, I agree....but because of glaad....Phil was taken off the show...

Old 12-29-2013, 08:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
A&E Network places star on indefinite filming hiatus following anti-gay remarks | GLAAD

Sorry to burst your bubble....but if glaad would not have said anything, A&E would not have done anything....

It's NOT because of GLAAD! GLAAD has no power to force A&E (or any employer) to take such action!

If a customer complains about me - my job creator has several options: ignore the complaint; provide a coaching opportunity; write me up; fire me.

The JOB CREATOR makes the call - not the complainer. Sheesh.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's NOT because of GLAAD! GLAAD has no power to force A&E (or any employer) to take such action!

If a customer complains about me - my job creator has several options: ignore the complaint; provide a coaching opportunity; write me up; fire me.

The JOB CREATOR makes the call - not the complainer. Sheesh.
There is no doubt in my mind....

However, just as before, if glaad would have not spoken out...what would A&E have done?

Who knows what glaad would have done if A&E would have done nothing...

Sorry, because of the actions of glaad, Phil was removed by A&E...

Just as you may be removed from your job because someone complained, if nobody complained you would still have a job, right...

Old 12-29-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:

No bubbles burst here.

You are completely ignoring my question. You are acting as if GLAAD forced A&E to put Robertson on suspension. I am asking how GLAAD forced A&E to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies