Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 02:40 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
That isn't accurate. Around 90% of all IDF positions are open to women. When Israel passed their equality law it was left up to the military to determine what exactly meant women were suitable for combat positions. They mostly serve in the Caracal battalion which does a lot of counterterrorism activity near the Egyptian border and was established to put women in that role. They really aren't expeditionary, but they have seen engagement and the role of IDF and their location means they aren't trivial.

CHEN was abolished in 2001.
You can argue this is inaccurate all you want. The information I posted is 100% accurate

I found it on the article

THE REAL REASONS WHY WOMEN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN COMBAT[/SIZE][/CENTER]

]by Attorney Scott Tips, JD
April 24, 2012
[NewsWithViews.com

The article was published in year 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 02:51 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
I have been in combat also, and when I am out there I want people with me that are capable of doing the job. I don't want any politically correct person that is not going to be able to handle the job, and endanger the rest of the troops just because they think they should be able to serve. BS. qualify fully or stay the hell away.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:51 PM

TO grsz11

" point to the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) as a model example of women in uniform who are equal to men. Alas, however, such is not the case at all. If anything, Israeli women are less equal than American women when it comes to the armed forces. Israeli women train separately from men with women drill instructors and, once they graduate from training camp, they serve in a separate division called CHEN, far from the front lines.

[LEFT]Perhaps these uninformed proponents are thinking of the early days of Israel in the late 1940s, when Israel was fighting against incredible odds, with outdated military equipment, and needed every single person who could shoulder a firearm. In those days, some Israeli women did fight with their men - out of necessity. But even then, the practice was limited and soon enough stopped when it was discovered that the Arabs were fighting harder against the Israelis (because Israeli women soldiers were present) and that the Israeli men were taking outrageous chances to protect and rescue their women soldiers under fire. Casualties were significantly higher on both sides during battles in which the Israelis fielded women soldiers.[8] In fact, now, Israeli law clearly states that women must be evacuated from the front lines if hostilities start.[9] Therefore, the practice of using women soldiers in combat was stopped."[/LEFT]

Attorney Scott Tips -- The Real Reasons Why Women Should Not be Allowed in Combat

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 01-05-2014 at 03:09 PM..

Old 01-05-2014, 02:52 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,749,604 times
One pull-up is super easy, unless someone is really fat.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
TO grsz11

" point to the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) as a model example of women in uniform who are equal to men. Alas, however, such is not the case at all. If anything, Israeli women are less equal than American women when it comes to the armed forces. Israeli women train separately from men with women drill instructors and, once they graduate from training camp, they serve in a separate division called CHEN, far from the front lines.

[LEFT]Perhaps these uninformed proponents are thinking of the early days of Israel in the late 1940s, when Israel was fighting against incredible odds, with outdated military equipment, and needed every single person who could shoulder a firearm. In those days, some Israeli women did fight with their men - out of necessity. But even then, the practice was limited and soon enough stopped when it was discovered that the Arabs were fighting harder against the Israelis (because Israeli women soldiers were present) and that the Israeli men were taking outrageous chances to protect and rescue their women soldiers under fire. Casualties were significantly higher on both sides during battles in which the Israelis fielded women soldiers.[8] In fact, now, Israeli law clearly states that women must be evacuated from the front lines if hostilities start.[9] Therefore, the practice of using women soldiers in combat was stopped."[/LEFT]
So my friend, who was a decorated sniper in the Israeli Army, was far from the front lines? Then who was she shooting at? Falafel vendors?

Old 01-05-2014, 02:59 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
If you know what a sniper is then you would not have to ask that question.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So my friend, who was a decorated sniper in the Israeli Army, was far from the front lines? Then who was she shooting at? Falafel vendors?
Not very sure what point are you trying to make really. I am only saying Military is not medical lab.

People's lives cannot afford experiment. That is the ONLY point I am trying to make.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Not very sure what point are you trying to make really. I am only saying Military is not medical lab.

People's lives cannot afford experiment. That is the ONLY point I am trying to make.
Well, the Canadian Army has had women on the front lines for a very long time. It's no longer an 'experiment'. It's worked out quite well.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Well, the Canadian Army has had women on the front lines for a very long time. It's no longer an 'experiment'. It's worked out quite well.
citation required. Otherwise, it is only opinion

Old 01-05-2014, 03:21 PM

2,015 posts, read 1,647,276 times
Default bill murray

it reminds me of that old bill murray line from SNL, if we win with woman -thats good for us, if they win all we have to say is -wow you beat a bunch of girls!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies