Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 03:22 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,454,261 times

Advertisements

I'm left of center but I find MSNBC to be mainly boring and predictable party-line crap, although Rachel Maddow is all right. I used to like Keith Olbermann although he had some definite blind spots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 03:37 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,183,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm a left leaning moderate as opposed to a liberal but I just can't tolerate MSNBC. I do enjoy Lawrence O'Donnell quite a bit and Rachel Maddow to a lesser degree but that is about it. I just feel that their content is so heavily geared towards social issues with sickening amounts of pseudo-outrage without enough emphasis on economics or "real news." They rarely spend time on budget issues, the minimum wage fight, long term unemployment, or other relevant things...instead it's hours upon hours upon hours about race or something else designed to create an instant emotional response.

And I'm not gearing this question to conservatives who clearly dislike msnbc...please only answer if you consider yourself left of center.

In the last couple of years it has become the left-wing version of Fox News in that it is biased as hell. I trust the accuracy of their reporting more than Fox, but I don't watch MSNBC anymore. I resent being told what to think. Pretty much all cable news channels have regressed into partisanship or infotainment. They're not worth anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies