Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 11:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
"Self, why is it that Darrel Issa's investigation can't get to the bottom of this?"

There are several possibilities.

1. Obama is guilty of masterminding this terrible event but is such an adept obfuscator that Issa & Co are hopelessly outmatched and will never be able to pin him down.

2. Issa & Co are a bunch of incompetent clowns who can't even make this stick to a bumbling fool of a president.

3. The GOP charges are a bunch of bull.

I report.

You decide.
But! But! The Issa crew does still hold the attention of the fringier of the fringe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 11:29 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
lol @ those who still try to defend the gang of incompetent, bumbling leftwing extremists that have massively failed to lead this country in the right direction.

You people are going to run out of whitewash.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:37 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
[MOD CUT/off topic]

Why don't you link the NYT investigation? VERY thorough and well-written. Doesn't make anybody come out looking so smart. Hillary's SD, Obama, the diplomatic and intel missions- all come off with egg on their faces.

That's why I tend to trust their reporting.
There was too much contradictory testimony, and this is an effort by the Times to rewrite the history of the event. It looks like they are preparing the way for a Hillary coronation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
lol @ those who still try to defend the gang of incompetent, bumbling leftwing extremists that have massively failed to lead this country in the right direction.

You people are going to run out of whitewash.
I wish they would run out. I think they just keep making more in the basement of the WH.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:53 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
'Completely false': Sources on ground in Benghazi challenge NYT report

By Adam Housley
Published December 30, 2013FoxNews.com

"...a New York Times report published over the weekend has angered sources who were on the ground that night. Those sources, who continue to face threats of losing their jobs, sharply challenged the Times’ findings that there was no involvement from Al Qaeda or any other international terror group and that an anti-Islam film played a role in inciting the initial wave of attacks.

“It was a coordinated attack. It is completely false to say anything else. … It is completely a lie,†one witness to the attack told Fox News.

Sean Smith, a foreign service officer, and former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were also killed in the 2012 assault.

The controversial Times report has stirred a community that normally remains out of sight and wrestles with how to reveal the truth, without revealing classified information."
Sorry but sources mean nothing. Why don't all these sources come out of the closet and identify themselves instead of hiding? I know why, because they don't exist.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:28 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Fox what? I don't even own a television..

Old 12-30-2013, 12:40 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

Why don't you link the NYT investigation? VERY thorough and well-written. Doesn't make anybody come out looking so smart. Hillary's SD, Obama, the diplomatic and intel missions- all come off with egg on their faces.

That's why I tend to trust their reporting.
I agree. I also saw the interview of the journalist yesterday. The Times did an extremely long comprehensive on-the-ground local investigation--something the republican Benghazi hysterics never did. The journalist said there were things that the admin got wrong, as well, which is why I believe they are being objective. Issa can't stand it--his sputtering denials on the Sunday shows reminded me of Karl Rove telling Fox they were wrong on election night after Obama won.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:54 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Sorry but sources mean nothing. Why don't all these sources come out of the closet and identify themselves instead of hiding? I know why, because they don't exist.
The reason sources are kept confidential in general is because there would be no sources ever if they were not. Why don't they come out in the open? If you were a Libyan or Mideastern source--would you come out in the open? If you have not noticed, things are a bit volatile, violent and tribal there. Have you ever seen Richard Engel's reports from the Mideast? He knows all kinds of things the politicians do not because his sources are confidential and trust him to keep them that way.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:33 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I agree. I also saw the interview of the journalist yesterday. The Times did an extremely long comprehensive on-the-ground local investigation--something the republican Benghazi hysterics never did. The journalist said there were things that the admin got wrong, as well, which is why I believe they are being objective. Issa can't stand it--his sputtering denials on the Sunday shows reminded me of Karl Rove telling Fox they were wrong on election night after Obama won.
Oh, bullflop. Quit making excuses for Hillary and Obama. Even Democrats who know better than you or the NYT disagree.

Congress, in bipartisan tone, disputes report Al Qaeda not involved in deadly Benghazi attack | Fox News

Old 12-30-2013, 02:39 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
^This.

Old 12-30-2013, 03:23 PM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sources for reporters aren't sworn in under oath to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth under penalty of law as they would to testify before Congress in a congressional investigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies