Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Nope, because they did it when it was illegal.

Just like they can't come after you if you did something when it was legal (ex post facto)

For example, if I didn't wear my seatbelt and wearing one wasn't a law, but it became a law the next day, I couldn't get in trouble for it because the "crime" was committed before it was against the law.

For example, if you go and sing 'God Bless America' offkey at the US capitol, they can't then pass a law banning people from doing that and then arresting you for it.
I DON'T agree with keeping people locked up for something that becomes legal.

I DO agree with you that doing something once legal AT the time NOT getting you in trouble later.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
These stoners are unemployable because they won't be able to pass a drug test. You will be paying for their meals anyway through welfare.

Just because marijuana is legal it will still ban someone from meaningful employment.
That might be sticky to enforce since dr prescribed drugs like Zoloft CAN'T be used to NOT hire a person unless we're talking about safety situations like operating machinery.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It is not about the drug.
It is about violation of a social contract.
For that, you get prison. For the crime that was at the time your deciding you didn't have to follow the rules.
Easy there, please. That be like having sex with a person of a different race 50 years ago, illegal in some places but legal everywhere in the US in 2013. No reason a conviction like that should be on a person's record although I'd be Ok having it stay just for history but that charge could NOT be used to punish anymore.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
What legitimate company voluntarily hires drug users?
Booze is a drug, so is tobacco. Tho more and more companies WON'T hire smokers.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:35 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,634 times
What state "imprisons" someone for mere possession?

Old 12-31-2013, 10:22 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It would be better to throw the ones who are trying to legalize it in prison with them. NOTHING good will ever come with making America more drug infested.
Marijuana has been around long before we were and it was used for medicinal purposes. It still is used for that but I guess illegally.

Old 01-01-2014, 12:53 AM

603 posts, read 877,422 times
Legalization may have little harmful effect on adult users, but we are already seeing Marijuana use among the youth increasing in Colorado. In WA state, there was a 50% increase in Marijuana-related traffic arrests in 2013.

I've seen first-hand what Marijuana does to adolescents. Instead of advancing their careers, many of my peers would mold their lifestyles around Marijuana. Instead of studying for exams, they'd waste time getting high. Many kids showed up to school high or came back high from lunch break. Scientific studies support the assertion that Cannabis is harmful to adolescent minds.

People who want the drug legalized, in my view, are moral degenerates.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:30 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
I wouldn't trust the feds to "grandfather in" anything these days.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatown1 View Post
Legalization may have little harmful effect on adult users, but we are already seeing Marijuana use among the youth increasing in Colorado. In WA state, there was a 50% increase in Marijuana-related traffic arrests in 2013.

I've seen first-hand what Marijuana does to adolescents. Instead of advancing their careers, many of my peers would mold their lifestyles around Marijuana. Instead of studying for exams, they'd waste time getting high. Many kids showed up to school high or came back high from lunch break. Scientific studies support the assertion that Cannabis is harmful to adolescent minds.

People who want the drug legalized, in my view, are moral degenerates.
Booze is too and it's legal.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:04 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
What state "imprisons" someone for mere possession?

It depends on how much you are in possession of.

In Florida, for instance, anything more then 1/4 of an ounce is a felony. You go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

Harshest laws in the country. Other states is more then an ounce. And you've got to be cautious with what they consider "weight", because some will include the bag.

Yes, people go to jail for mere possession. I can tell you that an ounce is not that much. And you can get 1/2 ounce of really good weed, that far outdoes some crappy mexican stuff, and have an ounce of the mexican. The crappy pot will get you 5 years.

The marijuana laws are stupid in this country.

Heres the thing. I just want federal prohibition to end. If Tennessee decided to prohibit alcohol sales and consumption, they can do that, without the federal government. If some states want to keep marijuana illegal, let them. I simply want federal prohibition to end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies