Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 04:36 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No, everyone else is talking about banning horse drawn carriages in New York City.
As usual, it's everyone else who has the problem, not you, even though the topic of conversation is noted in the title of the thread. LOL If everyone else is talking about the same thing, then maybe you should start a thread on whatever it is you are talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 04:42 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
..and you thought Bloomberg was nuts...Thank God I don't live in NYC. Can't wait to read about more of what Bloomberg Jr. comes up with over the next 8 years (Oh yeah, the fools of NYC will re elect in him 4 years).

Soon horse-drawn carriages may well be a thing of the past in New York City. According to Bill deBlasio, mayor-elect, he has been outspoken about getting rid of Central Park’s horses and carriages. In comments during a news conference and as reported on CNN Dec. 30, deBlasio said that horses pulling carriages in urban settings is inhumane.

New York City mayor-elect speaks about horse-drawn carriages in news conference - Hartford horse | Examiner.com
Look, I am no fan of this guy by a long shot, but I am all for not allowing these horse carriages in NYC. It sure doesn't appear humane to me, forcing those horses to walk around those crummy streets with buses, taxis, trucks, etc all around.

I actually applaud this move and its a long time coming. Its NYC, not upstate NY, not the country. A hectic, and often chaotic city.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
As usual, it's everyone else who has the problem, not you, even though the topic of conversation is noted in the title of the thread. LOL If everyone else is talking about the same thing, then maybe you should start a thread on whatever it is you are talking about.
The title of the thread mentions horse drawn carriages in New York City.

The poster to who Harrier responded is the one who brought up animal abuse.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:56 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
How long have you lived in NYC? Have you ever gone to the stables? Have you personally inspected every carriage horse?
Did I say I did? I asked you to back up your claims. I have seen the horses outside the stable. None of them appeared in bad shape nor mistreated.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Then Harrier is off topic because that is what everyone else is talking about.
That is what a few are claiming.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Did I say I did? I asked you to back up your claims. I have seen the horses outside the stable. None of them appeared in bad shape nor mistreated.
Back up your claims. Because I make a claim I have to back it up, but you don't?

Oh, so you were on vacation in NYC and on your "To Do List" was the visit the carriage horse stables? Do you have pictures of the stables and carriage horses from you visit to NYC? There are 4 carriage horse stables. Did you go to all of them? Are they air-conditioned or do they have electric fans hanging from the ceiling?

I'm sure I have seen much, much more than you did when you were on vacation in NYC seeing as how I grew up in Brooklyn and spent a considerable amount of time in the City.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
The title of the thread mentions horse drawn carriages in New York City.

The poster to who Harrier responded is the one who brought up animal abuse.
LOL. So you respond to posts directed to Harrier. Do you speak for Mr Ed??

Animal abuse is very much part of the discussion. You just don't see it because to you an animal is a "thing". I can only hope that you don't have a pet.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Back up your claims. Because I make a claim I have to back it up, but you don't?

Oh, so you were on vacation in NYC and on your "To Do List" was the visit the carriage horse stables? Do you have pictures of the stables and carriage horses from you visit to NYC? There are 4 carriage horse stables. Did you go to all of them? Are they air-conditioned or do they have electric fans hanging from the ceiling?

I'm sure I have seen much, much more than you did when you were on vacation in NYC seeing as how I grew up in Brooklyn and spent a considerable amount of time in the City.
You said they were being mistreated. I said the ones I saw appeared to be in good health and not mistreated. I am the utmost expert of my opinion there.

Now, are you saying it's your opinion they are being mistreated or are you stating factually they are being mistreated?

Old 01-01-2014, 05:27 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
No, everyone else is talking about banning horse drawn carriages in New York City.
And why would they want to do a thing like that? Does Harrier know the answer?

Old 01-01-2014, 05:28 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That is what a few are claiming.
Except those claims are rooted in reality, shame you would rather turn a blind eye to animal cruelty than to admit this practice is wrong with the way it is handled in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies