Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 07:40 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,151,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I know you have a problem with the truth, so I'll just point out a couple of links for you.

From the leading Democratic blog in Vermont, a post that I wrote: Green Mountain Daily:: New Hampshire Democrat channels George Costanza

From Talking Points Memo, which I assume you recognize as a Democratic-leaning site: New Hampshire Democrat Admits Mowing Down Group Of Ducks With BMW

From the newspaper in New Hampshire that broke the story: http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/...ate-rep..html#

Th results when you google "state Rep. David Campbell": https://www.google.com/search?q=stat...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Any questions?
AND the ASSOCIATED PRESS article that I pointed to? Does it have a (D)? Or, did I lie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 07:43 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,915,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I am not referring to the deed, but the fact that he was referred to as a NH State Rep, but neglected the (D), where as if it had been a Republican, the (R) would have been the leading character in the article.
Again. We will not see eye to eye on this. I see no relevance in the distinction. I could care less if the rep was a (D) or (R).

If it really did matter that much, then I would do as you, and just look it up.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:44 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,583,639 times
The lie in your post is this:

Quote:
when a DEMOCRAT does something, they never put a (D) next to the name?

Old 01-01-2014, 07:44 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,155,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I am betting conservatives intentionally kill more ducks than liberals.
I have shot a few, especially back when I was a younger man. I was a registered Republican back then. LOL The only thing I miss is working with the dogs.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:50 AM

544 posts, read 608,531 times
Hawaii Leglislator Stole and Destroyed Shopping Carts from Homeless. Media purposely leaves out fact he is a Democrat.

Here's a thread I started about the Hawaii rep who destroys homeless people's shopping carts with a sledge hammer. I noted in the OP that they left out the D in all the news sources I could find. I had to literally google the guy to find the info.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:55 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,671,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Does it really matter party affiliation for a duck killer? You found out the person's political affiliation, does it make the action more heinous?
its not the incident, its what happens when AN incident occurs, more often than not if the person is a republican the party identification is easily found, where as when the offending party is a democrat, often times the party affiliation is sponged from the article. and it can be anything incident as noted, not just because someone hit a duck. the article linked to was a just for instance kind of thing.

to the OP, it becomes a deal where the media realizes that if you put the party affiliation your want to cast in a negative light, you display the party affiliation. if you dont want your party cast in a negative light, and still want to cast the other party in a negative light without making false statements, you sponge the party affiliation from the article, and since you are always identifying one party when something bad happens, the average person reading the article will assume, because they wont do and in depth research, that the person is of the party you want to smear.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,404,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Ok, so I read an AP article on Fox News website,

NH state rep. apologizes after striking ducks with car at Nashua hotel; police investigating | Fox News

AND I am ALMOST certain, that because there is no (R) next to the man's name, that he is a democrat. WHY, do you ask? Because, it's a trend I have noticed, when an (R) says or does something that is bad/wrong/illegal/controversial, there is almost always an (R) next to their name in the article, BUT when it's a (D), it's mysteriously absent.

Rep. David Campbell (D-New Hampshire) biography

The question is, WHY? Why do they do this, and WHY do people accept it?

(And WHY did he feel it was OK to run over a DUCK, and drive away?).
Really? This is what keeps you up at night? R or D?

Old 01-01-2014, 08:05 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,583,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
Hawaii Leglislator Stole and Destroyed Shopping Carts from Homeless. Media purposely leaves out fact he is a Democrat.

Here's a thread I started about the Hawaii rep who destroys homeless people's shopping carts with a sledge hammer. I noted in the OP that they left out the D in all the news sources I could find. I had to literally google the guy to find the info.
Green Mountain Daily:: This guy is a disgrace

Old 01-01-2014, 08:06 AM

45,018 posts, read 60,017,539 times
Local examples:
How will Jack Johnson's arrest affect Md. lawmaking? - WTOP.com
All officials, or former officials, named are Democrats.

Maryland Del. Don Dwyer Jr. sentenced to 60 days for driving impaired, boating under influence - Baltimore Sun
A contrast.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:29 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,151,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
The lie in your post is this:
Ok, I SHOULD have said, "In a majority of the reporting instances".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies