Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 09:31 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Unconscious, and probably on the way to the hospital with severe heart arrhythmia. Yes, pot can cause heart attacks.
So can cigarettes, alcohol, exercise, sex, and any number of other things which are all perfectly legal. What's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 09:31 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This is one the scary aspects to legalization. The police can ask drivers to submit to blood testing if they suspect the driver is operating under the influence. At least in Colorado.
Is that the law? A blood test can show back to thirty days though can't it? How can that prove they are driving under the influence of weed?

Old 01-02-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
all a cop has to do is do a sobriety test on the individual like all the same ones the do to see if someone is stoned drunk or blasted on big pharma opiates.!!!! seems more people are worried about pot then the later

Americans Consume 80 Percent Of the World's Painkillers - Business Insider

here's^^^ one of the real problems affecting the American society, but I never hear not one single person bitching about the epidemic that is prescription pain killers..
Yes but if I can't say the alphabet or walk a straight line and pass the breathalyzer I am free. Will cops hold folks they suspect are stoned now? What is the law? Is there a law? This has to me always been the biggest hurdle to getting weed passed as legal. I know stoners think they drive fine and are saints on the road I say BS. I guess folks will have to die.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:48 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Is that the law? A blood test can show back to thirty days though can't it? How can that prove they are driving under the influence of weed?
It's not law yet but it has already passed through the senate and is just awaiting the governor's signature. He has already publicly stated that he supports this law. A person can absolutely test positive and not be under the influence at the time of their blood test. People who test positive but who are sober at the time of their arrest can fight it in court. They may or may not win. This is very scary legislation for anyone driving in Colorado, whether they use marijuana or not because anyone can be pulled over and forced to submit to a blood test on an officer's whim.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/07/marijuana-dui-bill-passes_0_n_3230947.html

I am very much in favor of decriminalizing marijuana but the government interference is concerning.

Last edited by MissTerri; 01-02-2014 at 09:57 PM..

Old 01-02-2014, 10:01 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times
Dealers will not be able to keep up with businesses and companies.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:08 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
When will they learn.....when will they learn

Marijuana Overdoses Kill 37 In Colorado On First Day Of Legalization
Some may not understand that is a JOKE.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:12 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
KUchief is right. There is more to life than drugs and gambling.
There is Sex too but a lot of ya'll don't do that either.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It's not law yet but it has already passed through the senate and is just awaiting the governor's signature. He has already publicly stated that he supports this law. A person can absolutely test positive and not be under the influence at the time of their blood test. People who test positive but who are sober at the time of their arrest can fight it in court. They may or may not win. This is very scary legislation for anyone driving in Colorado, whether they use marijuana or not because anyone can be pulled over and forced to submit to a blood test on an officer's whim.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/07/marijuana-dui-bill-passes_0_n_3230947.html

I am very much in favor of decriminalizing marijuana but the government interference is concerning.
"For example, if you did not exhibit poor driving, you can put that on as evidence to say, 'Look my driving was not poor, I'm not unsafe to operate a motor vehicle,'" Rep. Mark Waller (R-Colorado Springs) said during earlier hearings of an identical bill which was killed.

What???? You can't get off on a DUI for that. This looks like a mess in the works. If your tailight is out and your drunk and get pulled over but driving just fine guess what...........you get a DUI. I guess just sit back and watch the madness as this same thing was already voted down once according to the article. I guess votes matter most not the safety of the citizens.

This has always been the one thing I've always wondered what would happen when folks started legalizing the stuff.......what to do with the drivers. It appears Colorado has no idea either basically. I guess they'll just run with it and clean up the carnage later.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
There is Sex too but a lot of ya'll don't do that either.
I'm not gonna run somebody over in my car having sex. Somebody may if they are stoned. That is the difference. Hey I'm all for legalizing it but folks don't need to be driving around stoned off their ass and be able to get away with it. Sure they do know and folks drive drunk now but there are consequences for the drunks. It appears the stoners can say hey dude I was driving fine. It don't work that way. Well unless you live in Colorado I guess. I hope you don't have any kids driving I do and I would not be happy with this madness. I know stoners think they drive just fine but so do drunks who have "had a few". So goes dead kids.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:24 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I'm not gonna run somebody over in my car having sex. Somebody may if they are stoned. That is the difference. Hey I'm all for legalizing it but folks don't need to be driving around stoned off their ass and be able to get away with it. Sure they do know and folks drive drunk now but there are consequences for the drunks. It appears the stoners can say hey dude I was driving fine. It don't work that way. Well unless you live in Colorado I guess. I hope you don't have any kids driving I do and I would not be happy with this madness. I know stoners think they drive just fine but so do drunks who have "had a few". So goes dead kids.
There will probably more sobriety checks on the road now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies