Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:44 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The last few huddle around a fading fire on Survivor Island and try to keep each other's spirits up...
You must be referring to Olberman and his dogs.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/110107oreillyvsolbermanntotal.gif (broken link)

Old 11-28-2007, 04:45 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
I am SURE all the leftist celebrities have been over there many many times....

Old 11-28-2007, 04:47 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
I'm sorry maybe I should have specified. I'm also talking as a role model, most of these people are very well off and teach people if you can argue and be whiny (left or right) you can make a bunch of money. Also they show their guests no respect and bully them unless they step right in line with their beliefs.

If I am ever fortunate enough to have kids, they will never listen to one until they are out of my house because I want my kids to learn how to treat people with respect, and these are real people setting a bad example.

I'm not necessarily asking for which beliefs you think are right or wrong, we have a whole forum for that. I'm seriously questioning the pundits and if what they do really benefits America by talking about issues and screaming at the top of their lungs and treating people with no respect. Even the newscasters can be included to some extent.

Even a better question (but should probably go on another post) is there really an issue that can be covered in the time that cable news allots to it so the people of America can be better informed.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:49 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
If one has any analytical abilities at all, the "good from the bad' by these big mouths can be culled out and used to personal benefit. I imagine most of these guys/gals have huge egos (Rush, O'Reilly, Beck, Lou, Ingraham) but they do spew out some salient thoughts and even "truths" we can take to make our OWN analyses about various very important issues which concern most of us. I don't know about Olbermann though, he is fairly naked on any fact and/or truth IMHO.
Good points.

However, not one of them could hold a candle to Dan Rather when
it comes to egoism. His lawsuit is the biggest joke of 2007. And I
really enjoyed Katie Couric's mock up of his overcoat routine. Goes
to show that those who knew him thought he was a narcissistic
jerk, also.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I am SURE all the leftist celebrities have been over there many many times....

To be fair, some have:

Stories in America: Al Franken Visits the Troops

FOXNews.com - Angelina Jolie Visits Refugees, U.S. Troops in Iraq, Syria - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

USATODAY.com - USO cheers troops, but Iraq gigs tough to book

Old 11-28-2007, 05:06 PM

640 posts, read 461,530 times
Okay, but to keep it real.....

Angelina ran in for a couple of hours ~ and she's not a pundit or an entertainer ~ she went for other reasons.

The other two links are from a 2005 USO tour ~

Bill goes on his own time to REPORT back about the war ~ no entertainment and not part of tour bus group. But I DO understand that it was hard to find ANYONE from the left that supports the troops.....

Old 11-28-2007, 05:22 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You must be referring to Olberman and his dogs.
http://tvbythenumbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/110107oreillyvsolbermanntotal.gif (broken link)
Gee. That means that O'Reilly has almost (but not quite) half as many viewers as....

http://tvbythenumbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/spongebob.jpg (broken link)

....SpongeBob....

Old 11-28-2007, 05:53 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I'm sorry maybe I should have specified. I'm also talking as a role model, most of these people are very well off and teach people if you can argue and be whiny (left or right) you can make a bunch of money. Also they show their guests no respect and bully them unless they step right in line with their beliefs.

If I am ever fortunate enough to have kids, they will never listen to one until they are out of my house because I want my kids to learn how to treat people with respect, and these are real people setting a bad example.

I'm not necessarily asking for which beliefs you think are right or wrong, we have a whole forum for that. I'm seriously questioning the pundits and if what they do really benefits America by talking about issues and screaming at the top of their lungs and treating people with no respect. Even the newscasters can be included to some extent.

Even a better question (but should probably go on another post) is there really an issue that can be covered in the time that cable news allots to it so the people of America can be better informed.
Remember your audience.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:26 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,825 times
the beset pundet es Seen Hanety cas he speeks troth to the libs ho say Bush is stupd, I now the troth becas Seen Hanety wads thro the swamp of the liberl Gerge Sores Media of the Communist North Amercen Unen Illegl Imgrnt conspircy i n oredr too reveel the trooth about how the libs LOVE HITLER and want to socialize my helatcare.

why do dems want to soocelize my medicine? Medicines arent supposed too soceleze wit eech other, the is supposed to be curing diseeses. What they "socialize" about? world affares? the news? television? I dont want my asprin talkin to my advil, thank yo ver much. LOL, dem dim bulb lib commies.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Gee. That means that O'Reilly has almost (but not quite) half as many viewers as....

http://tvbythenumbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/spongebob.jpg (broken link)

....SpongeBob....
I agree. Democrats outnumber Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies