Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 12:32 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Did not everyone with an R next to their name support the war? Were the architects of this abysmal failure not Republicans?

Bush = the ultimate failure
How many fricken times am I going to have to show this? Liberals, you cannot rewrite history to suit your agenda. We have television cameras now, and video, too! We also have a wayback machine on the internet for all of those in the media who try to hide what they once wrote.

Now, watch, listen, learn:

Democrats on Iraq + WMD's (Weapons of Mass Destruction) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 06:42 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The black flag of Radical Sunni Islam is flying over the "government" buildings in Fallujah:

Al-Qaeda force captures Fallujah amid rise in violence in Iraq - The Washington Post

Come on, boys! Let's go liberate the $&@& out of that place- AGAIN! What would this be- Surge III???

(My condolences to anyone who lost friends and loved ones fighting in Bush's sandbox- they didn't make the policy, just fought for the guys next to them, like soldiers always do)

I love backhanded, passive-aggressive swipes like the one above... Slam a policy and then carefully thread the needle to avoid stepping on toes. A few points:

1. You are aware that U.S. combat operations officially ended in 2011, right? Meaning U.S. forces handed over responsibility for security to Iraqi forces. This was due in large part to refusal of the Iraqi's to agree to a Status of Forces (SOFA) agreement. We were on the way out IAW Bush's timeline, but the Iraqis would not agree to the SOFA for U.S. forces still in Iraq. The loss of Fallujah is the fault of the Iraqi Army/National Police.

2. U.S. forces did what they were supposed to in Iraq. I will concede there were some failures due to lack of planning following the end of the initial combat operations in 2003 and the transition to stability and support. No one could have predicted the full scope of the sectarian violence that flared. Sure, all knew it was likely, but not at the level it actually occurred.

3. If you are counting, if the U.S. were to assist the Iraqis in Fallujah, (highly unlikely), and a surge were required, it would only be surge II in Iraq. The first was in 2007 in Iraq, the second, under Obama, was in Afghanistan.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:08 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
*******s like the OP need savor this delicious al Qaeda victory while they can, because chances are al Qaeda won't hold the town for long.

I'd recommend that truly dedicated *******s send money or perhaps even themselves over to Fallujah. No better way to stick it to evil patriotic non-liberal Americans than to actually help people who want to kill patriotic non-liberal Americans.
Why in the hell do you care about Fallujah?

What difference does this make to the average American?

Old 01-13-2014, 10:33 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

So, Americans shouldn't care why? Just because you said so? What about those that fought there to take control of Fallujah back from AQI the first go round? Those Americans probably care.

The Hillary-esqe "What difference does it make" technique didn't work so well the first time she tried it. Should've been an indicator to maybe skip it in the future.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:38 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Whoopee. As long as those self-annihilators stay in their part of the world, I couldn't care less what they do to each other.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:44 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Whoopee. As long as those self-annihilators stay in their part of the world, I couldn't care less what they do to each other.
I am pretty certain that the attacks on 09/11/2001 established beyond any reasonable doubt that these so-called "self-annihilators" of yours are not content with staying "in their part of the world."

Old 01-13-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
So, Americans shouldn't care why? Just because you said so? What about those that fought there to take control of Fallujah back from AQI the first go round? Those Americans probably care.

The Hillary-esqe "What difference does it make" technique didn't work so well the first time she tried it. Should've been an indicator to maybe skip it in the future.
Hillary has nothing to do with this. Moreover, the Benghazi nonsense is over. Stop trying to resuscitate it.

Anyway, answer the question. Why should Americans care about Fallujah? Did the Iraqis ask us to liberate it in the first place? No...they didn't.

As for the soldiers that fought there the first time...oh well. It was all for nothing. Sorry. That's just how it is. If they care, they should stop caring.

I don't wanna spend another dime in Iraq, and Americans aren't interested in fighting in Fallujah again.

Maybe that breaks your heart, but it does my heart quite well.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:56 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times
Quote:

When you ignore Al Queda stronghold you leave them a place to train. We ignored the stronghold in Afghanistan until it was too late. What has history taught us about ignoring terrorist?

Old 01-13-2014, 12:57 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times
Quote:
Hillary has nothing to do with this. Moreover, the Benghazi nonsense is over. Stop trying to resuscitate it.

Anyway, answer the question. Why should Americans care about Fallujah? Did the Iraqis ask us to liberate it in the first place? No...they didn't.

As for the soldiers that fought there the first time...oh well. It was all for nothing. Sorry. That's just how it is. If they care, they should stop caring.

I don't wanna spend another dime in Iraq, and Americans aren't interested in fighting in Fallujah again.

Maybe that breaks your heart, but it does my heart quite well.
So you think killing American diplomats is nonsense.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
When you ignore Al Queda stronghold you leave them a place to train. We ignored the stronghold in Afghanistan until it was too late. What has history taught us about ignoring terrorist?
You guys are trying to Al Qaeda this country into a coma. Enough already.

We've killed bin Laden and captured or killed many of not most of his cohorts. The perpetrators of 9/11 are DEAD.

Screaming Al Qaeda every five minutes doesn't move me. I don't care anymore, and I'm not interested in spending more billions chasing them around the globe.

Leave them to their Middle Eastern and Asiatic hellholes and mind the business of THIS country. Americans such as yourself aren't happy unless we're in a war with someone. The rest of us are quite tired of it after two failed wars of the right's creation.

Al Qaeda can have Fallujah. If it's so important to you, then take your butt over there and liberate it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you think killing American diplomats is nonsense.
Killing any one is nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies