Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 01:27 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,201,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You guys are trying to Al Qaeda this country into a coma. Enough already.

We've killed bin Laden and captured or killed many of not most of his cohorts. The perpetrators of 9/11 are DEAD.

Screaming Al Qaeda every five minutes doesn't move me. I don't care anymore, and I'm not interested in spending more billions chasing them around the globe.

Leave them to their Middle Eastern and Asiatic hellholes and mind the business of THIS country. Americans such as yourself aren't happy unless we're in a war with someone. The rest of us are quite tired of it after two failed wars of the right's creation.

Al Qaeda can have Fallujah. If it's so important to you, then take your butt over there and liberate it again.

Killing any one is nonsense.
So you want to worry about Al Queda after they attack rather then preventing them from attacking. You have not learned from hsitory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 01:32 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you want to worry about Al Queda after they attack rather then preventing them from attacking. You have not learned from hsitory
Geezus Christ!

Who is Al Qaeda?

We've been killing the number two guy in Al Qaeda for 13 years now.

You just wanna keep up these ridiculous defense budgets and a huge military posture. We can't afford it, especially not to chase ghosts all over the Middle East and Asia.

You guys are obsessed with this Al Qaeda nonsense. Get over it.

There are ways to prevent terrorist attacks by being vigilant. But the American people aren't interested in liberating Fallujah again. It's pointless.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:31 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,360,759 times
Quote:
Hillary has nothing to do with this. Moreover, the Benghazi nonsense is over. Stop trying to resuscitate it.

Anyway, answer the question. Why should Americans care about Fallujah? Did the Iraqis ask us to liberate it in the first place? No...they didn't.

As for the soldiers that fought there the first time...oh well. It was all for nothing. Sorry. That's just how it is. If they care, they should stop caring.

I don't wanna spend another dime in Iraq, and Americans aren't interested in fighting in Fallujah again.

Maybe that breaks your heart, but it does my heart quite well.

Your prevailing logic seems to follow the same pattern. People should not care about something simply because you deem it so. To break down my initial reply into simple components, it wasn't about Hillary directly, or Benghazi. It was about her dismissive response to the congressional panel of "What difference does it make?" It is the same reasoning you are trying to apply to this discussion. It apparently matters to some or it wouldn't be deemed news worthy. Personally, I find it deeply troubling that AQI has seen enough of a resurgence in Iraq following the end of U.S. combat operations to challenge the Iraqi army enough to take control of a major city. In case you're not keeping score, Al Queda are the group that flew planes into targets in the U.S. in the largest terror attacks in our history. Seems to me everyone should care about what AQ is up to. Sticking your head in the sand, or simply discounting something because it doesn't align with your political view of the world is dangerous.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:33 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,167,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I am pretty certain that the attacks on 09/11/2001 established beyond any reasonable doubt that these so-called "self-annihilators" of yours are not content with staying "in their part of the world."
Which is why I would hunt them down no matter where they go and deal with them with unremitting harshness. Something the narcissist-in-chief is incapable of.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:

We've killed bin Laden and captured or killed many of not most of his cohorts. The perpetrators of 9/11 are DEAD.

Screaming Al Qaeda every five minutes doesn't move me. I don't care anymore, and I'm not interested in spending more billions chasing them around the globe.

Leave them to their Middle Eastern and Asiatic hellholes and mind the business of THIS country. Americans such as yourself aren't happy unless we're in a war with someone. The rest of us are quite tired of it after two failed wars of the right's creation.

Al Qaeda can have Fallujah. If it's so important to you, then take your butt over there and liberate it again.

I'm sorry....two failed wars? Would you care to expand on that particular accusation? Are you honestly trying to say that the invasion of Afghanistan, where the 9/11 perpetrators trained, where the attack was planned, and where AQ enjoyed sanctuary from the Taliban wasn't justified or successful? Is the Taliban in power in Afghanistan any longer? Is AQ still enjoying sanctuary in Afghanistan? Has their presence there and their base of operations not been disrupted?

Your Chamberlainian approach to dealing with belligerents is troubling, and is clearly not supported by any historical evidence.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:46 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Your prevailing logic seems to follow the same pattern. People should not care about something simply because you deem it so. To break down my initial reply into simple components, it wasn't about Hillary directly, or Benghazi. It was about her dismissive response to the congressional panel of "What difference does it make?" It is the same reasoning you are trying to apply to this discussion. It apparently matters to some or it wouldn't be deemed news worthy. Personally, I find it deeply troubling that AQI has seen enough of a resurgence in Iraq following the end of U.S. combat operations to challenge the Iraqi army enough to take control of a major city. In case you're not keeping score, Al Queda are the group that flew planes into targets in the U.S. in the largest terror attacks in our history. Seems to me everyone should care about what AQ is up to. Sticking your head in the sand, or simply discounting something because it doesn't align with your political view of the world is dangerous.
Al Qaeda leaders responsible for 9/11 are dead or in captivity.

So they've reconstituted enough to take Fallujah? Ok..so what do you wanna do about it? Go back into Iraq and remove them so they can come back later?

How long do you wanna keep this nonsense up? It's OVER! We're done in Iraq. Typical American...you can't ascertain when it's time to close the chapter on anything.

Get it through your head for crying out loud. People with good sense don't give a damn about Fallujah or Iraq period! And we don't wanna divert anymore of this nation's resources trying to save it again. We blew it once after dropping a few trillion, and we've learned our lesson.

We're done in Iraq.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Al Qaeda leaders responsible for 9/11 are dead or in captivity.

So they've reconstituted enough to take Fallujah? Ok..so what do you wanna do about it? Go back into Iraq and remove them so they can come back later?

How long do you wanna keep this nonsense up? It's OVER! We're done in Iraq. Typical American...you can't ascertain when it's time to close the chapter on anything.

Get it through your head for crying out loud. People with good sense don't give a damn about Fallujah or Iraq period! And we don't wanna divert anymore of this nation's resources trying to save it again. We blew it once after dropping a few trillion, and we've learned our lesson.

We're done in Iraq.
Just an honest question, did you have any skin in the game during OIF or OEF? Some did and naturally bristle at your hamfisted attempts at recounting the events in question.

Nit saying it is up to us to retake Fallujah, but it should be cause for concern. Speaks directly to AQs current capability level.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:05 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,959,450 times
Quote:

Those "billions" we spend to chase AQ are printed up because we defend the dollar in the middle east. When that goes away we won't be able to chase around bad guys anymore and if you think Bin Laden was shot and tossed into the ocean I don't know what to say. That was the most ridiculous thing I think I've ever seen posed to the American people and most bought it. So goes public education.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:06 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,959,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Just an honest question, did you have any skin in the game during OIF or OEF? Some did and naturally bristle at your hamfisted attempts at recounting the events in question.

Nit saying it is up to us to retake Fallujah, but it should be cause for concern. Speaks directly to AQs current capability level.
Yep last I heard from our great leader AQ was on the run. Next thing you know our ambassador is killed and now this. It does not appear they are on the run. Just wait till spring in Afghan when those roaches come out of their hiding places.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:13 PM

37,950 posts, read 22,038,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The black flag of Radical Sunni Islam is flying over the "government" buildings in Fallujah:

Al-Qaeda force captures Fallujah amid rise in violence in Iraq - The Washington Post

Come on, boys! Let's go liberate the $&@& out of that place- AGAIN! What would this be- Surge III???

(My condolences to anyone who lost friends and loved ones fighting in Bush's sandbox- they didn't make the policy, just fought for the guys next to them, like soldiers always do)
Hey, it wasn't 0bama's war, he washed his hands of that place, just like Libya, and just like he is doing with Afghanistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies