Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 05:19 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,847 times

Advertisements

I am now leaning away from GW or Climate change, or at minimum that its the alarmist thing some push. Its a heads I win tails you lose crap that is doing it for me. That is not to say I go along with the Limbaugh crap that there never has been a clean air or water problem, but this end of the world if we don't stop burning hydrocarbons now is total BS. Sick and tired of the hoopla over every heat wave is support for GW and now every cold snap is support, if thats the case its bad science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 05:36 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I

71 new papers reported in 2013 demonstrating the Sun controls climate, not man-made CO2

THE HOCKEY SCHTICK: 71 new papers reported in 2013 demonstrating the Sun controls climate, not man-made CO2

Maybe you should turn off the "Gore" news station.
If that is the case, then the sun is doing a p*ss poor job of it. Scientists were gearing up for what they were predicting to be the most active and intense solar maximum in the last 400 years. From 2006 through 2011 they were chomping at the bit, just waiting for all the devastation the Coronal Mass Ejections and solar flares would reek upon the Earth.

Well, we are now past the solar maximum of 2012-2013, and not a peep. We have had more CMEs and solar flares during solar minimums than we have had from the sun during this last solar maximum.
"Solar cycle 24, due to peak in 2010 or 2011 'looks like its going to be one of the most intense cycles since record-keeping began almost 400 years ago,'" --- Scientists Predict Big Solar Cycle - NASA Science
Boy, when these scientists blow a prediction, they REALLY blow it.

But WAIT! Naturally NASA has an explanation for why they were so totally off the mark for the last decade:

Wimpy Sunspot Maximum Typical for Early in the Century

If wimpy solar maximums are typical for early in the century, then why were they predicting the biggest solar maximum in almost 400 years?

Last edited by Glitch; 01-07-2014 at 05:44 AM..

Old 01-07-2014, 05:44 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Maybe we can rejoin this discussion after they rescue the global warming scientists and their trapped icebreakers from the frozen summer ice.
You haven't been paying attention have you?

Old 01-07-2014, 05:52 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Cold winters? Record low temperatures? Normal..... Warm summers? Record high temperatures? Well, obviously it has to be manmade global warming... /end sarcasm...

Old 01-07-2014, 06:02 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
Just remember the rule at the weather channel. If its a heat wave, its clear evidence of global warming. If its a cold snap, then its just a temporary phenomena, historic, "this has never happened before"

It appears what I predicted has come true. The midwest enjoyed a few decades of relief from the winters I knew growing up. In those years, a -20 cold snap was routine and expected at this time of year. The respite appears over and its back to normal.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:05 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,997 times
Hey Guys,

I've changed my mind on GW. I'm no longer a denier. Your leading climate scientist has made me a believer..Hala Lu Ya I've seen the light!

Al Sharpton Demonstrates He's Clueless About Global Warming
"These right-wingers are boiling over with denial"

Al Sharpton Demonstrates He's Clueless About Global Warming | Truth Revolt

Old 01-07-2014, 06:11 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Just remember the rule at the weather channel. If its a heat wave, its clear evidence of global warming. If its a cold snap, then its just a temporary phenomena, historic, "this has never happened before"

It appears what I predicted has come true. The midwest enjoyed a few decades of relief from the winters I knew growing up. In those years, a -20 cold snap was routine and expected at this time of year. The respite appears over and its back to normal.
Just to keep things as objective as possible, without resorting to anecdotes, as of the date and time of this post it is currently -9°F in Minneapolis, MN.
"The coldest day of 1984 was January 18, with a low temperature of -23°F. For reference, on that day the average low temperature is 7°F and the low temperature drops below -11°F only one day in ten. The coldest month of 1984 was January with an average daily low temperature of 5°F." --- Historical Weather For 1984 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - WeatherSpark

Old 01-07-2014, 06:19 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,997 times
Just some info for the man made GW nut cases. Glacier in Alaska recedes and reveals tree trunks 2000 years old.

Ancient trees emerge from frozen forest 'tomb' | Juneau Empire - Alaska's Capital City Online Newspaper

Old 01-07-2014, 06:20 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
I recall -18F in Pittsburgh when I was in the 3rd grade. We went to school that day. I also recall -18F in southern NH in the late 1980's.

That was the coldest I ever experienced.

Negative single digits were no big deal.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
I am now leaning away from GW or Climate change, or at minimum that its the alarmist thing some push. Its a heads I win tails you lose crap that is doing it for me. That is not to say I go along with the Limbaugh crap that there never has been a clean air or water problem, but this end of the world if we don't stop burning hydrocarbons now is total BS. Sick and tired of the hoopla over every heat wave is support for GW and now every cold snap is support, if thats the case its bad science.

Do a little research on the man behind the entire global warming / climate change scam.
His name is Maurice Strong.

Here is a little hint at who he is and his role in this fraud.

Maurice Strong: The man behind the global warming scam

Global Warming - Maurice Strong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies