Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support life equality?
Yes, I support the equal right to life for all. 42 53.16%
No, I do not support the equal right to life for all. 37 46.84%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 03:27 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
NICE DODGE !!!

Here's another one.

Attachment 123550

So a fetus is not a person yet but it can be murdered before it becomes a person?
Are you using terms and words in which you really don't understand their actual meaning or are you skipping along mis-characterizing words on purpose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 03:32 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I believe the correct term is feticide. Infanticide is murder of a born infant. I don't know anyone in favor of infanticide.

The Supreme Court, with guidence of medical and scienticfic experts, affirms a woman's right to feticide within a specific set of variables.
The Supreme Court has sanctioned the murder of unborn children. If you had been killed as a "fetus" you would not be here to play word games over pure cold blooded murder.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:32 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
"carrying to term" implies feeding and housing. Are you familiar with how pregnancy works and how fetuses are sustained in the womb?
I doubt he knows anything at all about pregnancy- including all the risks up to and including death.

Should the state be allowed to force a woman to put her health or life at risk?

Normal, frequent or expectable temporary side effects of pregnancy:
§ exhaustion (weariness common from first weeks)
§ altered appetite and senses of taste and smell
§ nausea and vomiting (50% of women, first trimester)
§ heartburn and indigestion
§ constipation
§ weight gain
§ dizziness and light-headedness
§ bloating, swelling, fluid retention
§ hemmorhoids
§ abdominal cramps
§ yeast infections
§ congested, bloody nose
§ acne and mild skin disorders
§ skin discoloration (chloasma, face and abdomen)
§ mild to severe backache and strain
§ increased headaches
§ difficulty sleeping, and discomfort while sleeping
§ increased urination and incontinence
§ bleeding gums
§ pica
§ breast pain and discharge
§ swelling of joints, leg cramps, joint pain
§ difficulty sitting, standing in later pregnancy
§ inability to take regular medications
§ shortness of breath
§ higher blood pressure
§ hair loss
§ tendency to anemia
§ curtailment of ability to participate in some sports and activities
§ infection including from serious and potentially fatal disease
(pregnant women are immune suppressed compared with non-pregnant women, and are more susceptible to fungal and certain other diseases)
§ extreme pain on delivery
§ hormonal mood changes, including normal post-partum depression
§ continued post-partum exhaustion and recovery period (exacerbated if a c-section -- major surgery -- is required, sometimes taking up to a full year to fully recover)

Normal, expectable, or frequent PERMANENT side effects of pregnancy:
§ stretch marks (worse in younger women)
§ loose skin
§ permanent weight gain or redistribution
§ abdominal and vaginal muscle weakness
§ pelvic floor disorder (occurring in as many as 35% of middle-aged former child-bearers and 50% of elderly former child-bearers, associated with urinary and rectal incontinence, discomfort and reduced quality of life)
§ changes to breasts
§ varicose veins
§ scarring from episiotomy or c-section
§ other permanent aesthetic changes to the body (all of these are downplayed by women, because the culture values youth and beauty)
§ increased proclivity for hemmorhoids
§ loss of dental and bone calcium (cavities and osteoporosis)

Occasional complications and side effects:
§ complications of episiotomy
§ spousal/partner abuse
§ hyperemesis gravidarum
§ temporary and permanent injury to back
§severe scarring requiring later surgery
(especially after additional pregnancies)
§ dropped (prolapsed) uterus (especially after additional pregnancies, and other pelvic floor weaknesses -- 11% of women, including cystocele, rectocele, and enterocele)
§ pre-eclampsia (edema and hypertension, the most common complication of pregnancy, associated with eclampsia, and affecting 7 - 10% of pregnancies)
§ eclampsia (convulsions, coma during pregnancy or labor, high risk of death)
§ gestational diabetes
§ placenta previa
§ anemia (which can be life-threatening)
§ thrombocytopenic purpura
§ severe cramping
§ embolism (blood clots)
§ medical disability requiring full bed rest (frequently ordered during part of many pregnancies varying from days to months for health of either mother or baby)
§ diastasis recti, also torn abdominal muscles
§ mitral valve stenosis (most common cardiac complication)
§ serious infection and disease (e.g. increased risk of tuberculosis)
§ hormonal imbalance
§ ectopic pregnancy (risk of death)
§ broken bones (ribcage, "tail bone")
§ hemorrhage and numerous other complications of delivery
§ refractory gastroesophageal reflux disease
§ aggravation of pre-pregnancy diseases and conditions (e.g. epilepsy is present in .5% of pregnant women, and the pregnancy alters drug metabolism and treatment prospects all the while it increases the number and frequency of seizures)
§ severe post-partum depression and psychosis
§ research now indicates a possible link between ovarian cancer and female fertility treatments, including "egg harvesting" from infertile women and donors
§ research also now indicates correlations between lower breast cancer survival rates and proximity in time to onset of cancer of last pregnancy
§ research also indicates a correlation between having six or more pregnancies and a risk of coronary and cardiovascular disease

Less common (but serious) complications:
§ peripartum cardiomyopathy
§ cardiopulmonary arrest
§ magnesium toxicity
§ severe hypoxemia/acidosis
§ massive embolism
§ increased intracranial pressure, brainstem infarction
§ molar pregnancy, gestational trophoblastic disease
(like a pregnancy-induced cancer)
§ malignant arrhythmia
§ circulatory collapse
§ placental abruption
§ obstetric fistula

More permanent side effects:
§ future infertility
§ permanent disability
§ death.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Still evading the question.

What is the difference between fetus A that is an oops fetus, and fetus B that is a rape fetus?

Both are fetuses. Both are unwanted. Neither had anything to do with the way they were created.
In a nutshell:

The difference for anti-choicers is that the woman or girl who was raped was 'innocent' and shouldn't be 'punished' by being forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term, but the woman or girl who had consensual sex is a 'sl-ut' who should have kept her legs closed and should be 'punished'. You hear it underlying their comments all the time.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:49 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Since murder is illegal in all 50 states, why is it legal to destroy human life inside the womb within those states?

If you support such destruction, then why are you against equal rights for all?

Let's create life equality!

The fact that 22 people admit they don't support the right to life says it all.

I'd bet those 22 people never had to make the decision. I have - I was 17, and I regret that decision every day. I thank God for the three children my wife, and I have, but wish we had four. The damage it did to her is life changing. Every child had to be delivered through C-section and the damage to her uterus could never be healed. She almost bled to death 30 years later because of the damage it did to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
In a nutshell:

The difference for anti-choicers is that the woman or girl who was raped was 'innocent' and shouldn't be 'punished' by being forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term, but the woman or girl who had consensual sex is a 'sl-ut' who should have kept her legs closed and should be 'punished'. You hear it underlying their comments all the time.
Give me a break! Most women have abortions out of convenience. Do the math (if it doesn't break your brain): 60 million abortions, and the vast majority of them had nothing to do with health reasons. I was 17, and my wife was 15, and we made the wrong decision because we were advised to, by Family Planning (what a fk'n joke of a name!)

Be honest, you support abortion on demand because it's convenient, and nothing more.

If 3rd trimester abortions were illegal, and abortions allowed for all rape, incest, health issues were the only viable reason allowed; abortions would be cut by 95%!

Last edited by surfman; 01-07-2014 at 04:34 AM..

Old 01-07-2014, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The Supreme Court has sanctioned the murder of unborn children. If you had been killed as a "fetus" you would not be here to play word games over pure cold blooded murder.
You are exactly right. If I were aborted, I would not be here on this forum. Great observation.

Words have meaning. Word play is using terms like "baby", "Mommy", and "belly". If you would like to have a salient adult conversation, speak as an adult.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
1. Why not? After all, it is a whole human specimen at a specific stage of development, as opposed to a body part, such as a kidney or liver.

2. There isn't much point of invoking the law in a debate over whether or not something is morally justifiable, considering that not everyone agrees with the current law in regards to this.

3. I am not advocating regulating what you eat. However, if you eat something and there are certain consequences afterwards as a result of this, then one can make a case that you should be held responsible for these consequences themselves.

A fetus doesn't even have the basic neural capability for consciousness until the 3rd trimester.
... when does the magical journey of consciousness begin? Consciousness requires a sophisticated network of highly interconnected components, nerve cells. Its physical substrate, the thalamo-cortical complex that provides consciousness with its highly elaborate content, begins to be in place between the 24th and 28th week of gestation.

Roughly two months later synchrony of the electroencephalographic (EEG) rhythm across both cortical hemispheres signals the onset of global neuronal integration. Thus, many of the circuit elements necessary for consciousness are in place by the third trimester
When Does Consciousness Arise in Human Babies?: Scientific American

Old 01-07-2014, 04:02 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
You are exactly right. If I were aborted, I would not be here on this forum. Great observation.

Words have meaning. Word play is using terms like "baby", "Mommy", and "belly". If you would like to have a salient adult conversation, speak as an adult.
Abortion is cold blooded murder. You say if "I" was aborted, but you claim that the fetus was not you, so were is the "salience" in your oh so adult post?

Old 01-07-2014, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
The fact that 22 people admit they don't support the right to life says it all.

I'd bet those 22 people never had to make the decision. I have - I was 17 and I regret that decision every day. I thank God for the three children my wife and I have, but wish we had four.

Give me a break! Most women have abortions out of convenience. Do the math (if it doesn't break your brain): 60 million abortions, and the vast majority of them had nothing to do with health reasons.

Be honest, you support abortion on demand because it's convenient, and nothing more.

If 3rd trimester abortions were illegal, and abortions allowed for all rape, incest, health issues were the only viable reason allowed; abortions would be cut by 95%!
How flippant to decree that women conviently abort their pregancies. How arrogant to assess the reasoning to a woman's decision. You should have used your won exaple to say..."we did it becasue it was convient".

At 17 you and your partner had your reasoning and your right to decide...right, wrong, or indifferent.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:11 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,817 times
Quote:
How flippant to decree that women conviently abort their pregancies. How arrogant to assess the reasoning to a woman's decision. You should have used your won exaple to say..."we did it becasue it was convient".

At 17 you and your partner had your reasoning and your right to decide...right, wrong, or indifferent.
You are a typical progressive. I was 17 and my wife was 15... do you not think we were scared and following the advice of the Family Planning case worker?

You are young, I can tell... because you know it all, even if you know nothing at all. The fact that you discount my experience in exchange for your opinion tells me your opinion is meaningless in the scope of things. I'd bet you're a young guy who doesn't really give a sh%$ as long as you don't have to support a kid... right?

At least I'm honest, and would have gladly traded the convenience for the health of my wife. Abortion is a high risk solution, and it isn't worth it.

http://www.midlandlifecenter.org/abo...isksprocedures

P.S. my wife also had two miscarriages directly attributed to the abortion. My oldest son is a surviving twin of a miscarriage, making him a rare survivor. You have the audacity to call me flippant and arrogant? I'm sorry, but I'm not the flippant and arrogant one here.

We had an abortion, and we were wrong! Abortion is wrong, and this is coming from the once naïve teen who was convinced that we were doing the right thing.

Last edited by surfman; 01-07-2014 at 05:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies