Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 03:20 PM

22,154 posts, read 19,397,646 times

Advertisements

Cocaine has become less popular, Heroin has took its place. This is especially true in middle to upper middle class neighborhoods. When I was in high school cocaine was fairly big, now in the same area its not, but over the last few years their has been a bit of a heroin problem.

Not to mention this has nothing to do with the war on drugs, especially as it relates to the legislation of marijuana.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:21 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,319,444 times
Unfortunately I think the would be coke users are just moving towards prescription drugs.

I did coke a few times in my youth. The high you get is nothing compared to what prescription drugs can do for ya. There is better stuff out there.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:23 PM

13,289 posts, read 7,841,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Unfortunately I think the would be coke users are just moving towards prescription drugs.

I did coke a few times in my youth. The high you get is nothing compared to what prescription drugs can do for ya. There is better stuff out there.
Doctors do not enable without a cut.

Of late they have been cut out of their cut.

Back to the streets.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:30 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,319,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Doctors do not enable without a cut.

Of late they have been cut out of their cut.

Back to the streets.
I have no idea what you are saying.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:45 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,964,165 times
[quote=Finn_Jarber;32880779]Not a good time to throw in the towel and admit defeat, like so many pro-drug people day we should do.

Cocaine use: Will the factors behind its steady decline continue? - CSMonitor.com

Cocaine use and a host of problems associated with the drug have been declining steadily in the United States in recent years – with at least a 40 percent drop in people using cocaine since 2006.

U.S. drug use: Cocaine in steady decline

“I’ve never seen such a rapid decline for such an addictive drug,” says Peter Reuter, a public-policy professor and drug-economy expert at the University of Maryland in College Park.

Some supply-side factors, as well as demand-side issues, have contributed to the downward trend, according to medical, academic, and drug-policy experts.

It's hard to find it, even harder to find it of good quality. People instead resort to home grown drugs like prescribed pain killers, marijuana and crystal meth. It's too bad that few countries are able to cultivate coca plants.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:09 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,911,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Cocaine has become less popular, Heroin has took its place. This is especially true in middle to upper middle class neighborhoods. When I was in high school cocaine was fairly big, now in the same area its not, but over the last few years their has been a bit of a heroin problem.

Not to mention this has nothing to do with the war on drugs, especially as it relates to the legislation of marijuana.
Molly is what has been taking over.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:14 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,964,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the reason coke use is down is because their is a snortgasborg of other way more evil cheaper drugs than cocaine..

simple
^^^^^. This. My friend in Atlanta has no trouble at all finding coke there. It is much more difficult to find in southern calif for the typical buyer, Hollywood types excl of course. Crystal meth can be manufactured in the barren, inland areas of so cal and pot can be grown ANYWHERE.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:17 PM

Default War on Drugs: Dramatic drop in cocaine use

Taking our country back.

Some are taken aback.

"The long lines stretching around Colorado marijuana shops have apparently not gone unnoticed by investors, with the price of shares for cannabis-related companies skyrocketing since the drug became legal throughout the state on January 1."

http://www.rt.com/usa/marijuana-stoc...o-million-162/

Old 01-05-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I have no idea what you are saying.
"You're built too low, the fast ones go over your head.

You got a hole in your glove.

I keep pitchin' and you keep missin'."- FL

Old 01-05-2014, 05:13 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,707,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Use of prescription drugs without a prescription is against the law, just FYI. Are you saying we should ban medication? Do you realize some people needs meds to stay alive?

where is the big war on corrupt doctors and pharmaceuticals prescript pain pill abuse are at epidemic levels

most people don't need opiate pain killers to stay alive,, but they do need em to stay high..

but I guess if you work for big pharma who cares as long as the bottom line grows
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.