Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 04:48 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSloan View Post
Fair enough

In response to your other post, not all gun owners are trained properly. Hence the reason why my safety is concerned when too many citizens are armed.
This is called collateral damage.
Collateral dmage is driving by 2 other theaters to go to the theater that says no guns allowed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 04:49 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
The biggest problem with the thought of a well regulated Militia. Regulated can be discussed for hours. The large percent of new purchasers who have had no training in safety, how to secure, what can happen if used.

The NRA should be made to put up or shutup by making training of all new gun owners manditory prior to pick-up.
The NRA should be the group to oversee and maintain the records of that training and all the stats. on the training.
There are threads which show gun training on this page, the problem is that these are being done by parents who have weapons already,understand that their kids could benefit from the training. So that training needs to be given as manditory before new owners can pick up the weapon.

I believe as a gun owner that proper training is the key to the gun issue.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:04 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The biggest problem with the thought of a well regulated Militia. Regulated can be discussed for hours. The large percent of new purchasers who have had no training in safety, how to secure, what can happen if used.

The NRA should be made to put up or shutup by making training of all new gun owners manditory prior to pick-up.
The NRA should be the group to oversee and maintain the records of that training and all the stats. on the training.
There are threads which show gun training on this page, the problem is that these are being done by parents who have weapons already,understand that their kids could benefit from the training. So that training needs to be given as manditory before new owners can pick up the weapon.

NRA? When did the NRA start creating laws? When did the NRA suit up in black robes and start presiding over court cases? When did the NRA become a government entity? When was the NRA given any power at all other than to bring law suits and back pro 2nd Amendment candidates? The NRA has no power. Judges and voters do. The laws are the way they are now because of the Constitution and voters, and not the NRA.

I mean the Left and antigunnners are the most uneducated and misinformed group of people I ever came across. You all say some of the stupidest stuff I ever heard, and you say it with such conviction and passion all the while clueless to how completely wrong, illogical, and idiotic your statements are.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:05 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

Legal gun owners are not the problem....

Old 01-06-2014, 05:08 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Never thought of that. I have heard that conceal carry licences are being issued at an all time high, and firearm sales are at an all time high as well. With all these new firearms being sold and carried concealed, can you link me to a post where what you're suggesting would happen has happened?
Here is an example of what will happen more often

Man shot at Florida pizza restaurant for complaining about service | Fox News

Old 01-06-2014, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yea, I know right. As if the 8k people that have been killed were killed by untrained legal gun owners. They have this unsubstantiated fairy tail in their heads that legal gun owners all across the country are untrained and are accidentally killing everyone. They have nothing or very little to back this claim up with however, but they still some how swear by it. The thing is crime is factual, but that call us paranoid for wanting to protect ourselves from become a victim. Yet they think they're perfectly fine when they walk around scare that a "blood bath" will occur simple because a lawful citizen is exercising their Constitutional rights...

Old 01-06-2014, 05:18 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,660 times
The NRA (as many wouldn't believe) is generally a group that encourages firearm safety and training. They are the largest of its kind. The NRA-ILA is their legal and lobbying branch. I'm not too far from their HQ here in VA.

I see much of the gun control crowd as today's over-protective parents, although that is how I mostly think of when it comes to the left. Much of the laws they demand are already in the books. However, in this time, especially in this administration, there seems to be less enforcement of these laws. Chicago comes to mind.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Lately its the legal owners who have no idea how to handle, store or concequences of use.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
That has to do with FL stand your ground law. That also has nothing to do with gun owners not being trained properly or collateral damage.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
NRA? When did the NRA start creating laws? When did the NRA suit up in black robes and start presiding over court cases? When did the NRA become a government entity? When was the NRA given any power at all other than to bring law suits and back pro 2nd Amendment candidates? The NRA has no power. Judges and voters do. The laws are the way they are now because of the Constitution and voters, and not the NRA.

I mean the Left and antigunnners are the most uneducated and misinformed group of people I ever came across. You all say some of the stupidest stuff I ever heard, and you say it with such conviction and passion all the while clueless to how completely wrong, illogical, and idiotic your statements are.
If you really believe the NRA has no power, I know a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies