Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If all drugs were legalized, which hard drugs would you try/use?
Cocaine / Crack 6 7.06%
Heroin 3 3.53%
Methamphetamines (meth, speed) 2 2.35%
Other (please specify) 7 8.24%
None - still wouldn't use any of these regardless of their legality 74 87.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2014, 02:33 AM

642 posts, read 1,113,660 times

Advertisements

If all drugs were legalized, which hard drugs would you try/use?

Old 01-06-2014, 02:50 AM

351 posts, read 370,388 times
none.....all drugs have side effects......unless I have to by a doctor to cure an illness or to help with the pain why would anybody take any drug for fun?

the definition of drug: A substance used in the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of a disease or as a component of a medication.

people using drugs for recreation are stupid in my opinion.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:00 AM

603 posts, read 877,521 times
I've never done drugs in my life and never will. But I can bet that there would be an uptick in drug use by society as a whole. I remember some of my peers in high school and college would stay away from weed only because it is (or was where I live) illegal.

I don't mean to offend anybody, but I believe people who use drugs recreationally are weak-minded. Why would any rational person take joy in harming their body and altering their state of mind?

Old 01-06-2014, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
So I can safely assume you don't drink alcohol?

Old 01-06-2014, 03:09 AM

37,169 posts, read 19,194,865 times
When I was in my 20s I tried everything that I cold get my hands on that didn't have to go through a needle.
I smoked a semi load of marijuana, I used amphetamines, I tries cocaine a couple of times, I smoked hashish, peyote, and gum opium, I used psilocybin, mescaline, and LSD, and I drank alcohol and smoked cigarettes.

17 years later I checked into detox and a residential treatment center for alcoholism, and it took three years after that to kick cigarettes. That was not unusual. People I was in treatment with who were trying to kick heroin told me that cigarettes were harder than smack.

The illegal drugs I used never gave me problems. 90 proof bourbon is what almost killed me. I had reached a point that I was drinking a half gallon a day, and I did it for the last six months I drank.

I have been clean for 28 years, and don't care to try again. If I did, and I had a steady supply, I would choose gum opium. It was far and away the cleanest, smoothest head I ever experienced, and the most pleasant feeling I got from any of the substances I tried. I understand why there are so many addicts in the Far East where it is cheap and plentiful. The addicts there, BTW, many times live into their 90s because they have a pure supply and are not using street drugs that have been cut with other things.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:10 AM

37,169 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatown1 View Post
I've never done drugs in my life and never will. But I can bet that there would be an uptick in drug use by society as a whole. I remember some of my peers in high school and college would stay away from weed only because it is (or was where I live) illegal.

I don't mean to offend anybody, but I believe people who use drugs recreationally are weak-minded. Why would any rational person take joy in harming their body and altering their state of mind?
Ask people in any of a million bars in the U.S. or any stadium parking lot before a football game.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqpsychlist View Post

alcohol is part of our tradition and cuisine. It does have its problems of addiction but why pile more to the problem?

Old 01-06-2014, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqpsychlist View Post

there is a difference drinking a few glasses of wine with food or beer to taking meth, crack, lsd, heroine or cocaine.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:23 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
none.....all drugs have side effects......unless I have to by a doctor to cure an illness or to help with the pain why would anybody take any drug for fun?

the definition of drug: A substance used in the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of a disease or as a component of a medication.

But alcohol is OK because it's tradition? That makes no sense at all.
Alcohol is a drug.
Hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:27 AM

Quote:
alcohol is part of our tradition and cuisine. It does have its problems of addiction but why pile more to the problem?
It's still a drug, but since it's legal some people don't consider it one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.