Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 12:59 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,822,703 times

Advertisements

FOXNews.com - Navy Chief Surprised at China's Refusal of Port Visit for U.S. Ships - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News ...not exactly the behavior of a nation that whats to be respected in the world community, or is that the point!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 01:47 PM

982 posts, read 3,307,120 times
Well....

They've let us know they can shoot our satellites down.
They have us by that b*lls financially.
They're getting cozy with Iran.
My guess is that in 2008, Taiwan is going to attempt to make their move away China.

They're up to something.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:08 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
That is why we have provided them with all of our high end technology and manufacturing capabilities.

They are our "friends".

Old 11-27-2007, 02:23 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,337 times
Bow your heads to our new inevitable Empire.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:29 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Anybody want to discuss why this makes it even more scary that the Chinese have had financial ties to the Clintons?

Old 11-27-2007, 03:39 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Oh please. Look at the Chinese money laundered through the Bush brothers (especially Neil of the Savings & Loan debacle of the 80s), if you're going to pull this.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:12 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh please. Look at the Chinese money laundered through the Bush brothers (especially Neil of the Savings & Loan debacle of the 80s), if you're going to pull this.
I don't know about laundering. Certainly Neil did some questionable things - by the way a suit was brought against him for it. The Clintons have had ongoing donations from people directly linked to the Chinese government given directly to their campaigns that they have never answered for - and have not been challenged for an answer.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:16 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
http://www.nohillaryclinton.com/blog...ryChinaHat.jpg

Old 11-27-2007, 04:26 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,863 times
I can understand the need for a counter-balance, but a 'peaceful rise' into superpowerdom is an oxy-moron. What superpower, hell, even a great power, ever rose 'peacefully'?

The Chinese need us to respect them, that's fine, but they're going the distance.

The Chinese markets may be tied to the US (they have a huge percentage of our bonds) but we're their largest market. We don't buy, they have trouble selling. If our money was going more into war weapon upgrades instead of wars we'd be light years ahead. The technology is there, but the money isn't.

PS: we need to stop giving them so much respect by allowing ourselves to be insulted. Screw military cooperation with them, the same way we did the Soviets. I don't think China cares about not bringing weapons in space, why should we? We shouldn't, they shouldn't, but just like nukes, everyone will

Old 11-27-2007, 04:31 PM

34 posts, read 20,554 times
[Mod edit] You can't just come on here and throw out innuendos like that. Ma'am your not too far from home but along the line I strayed from your path. I will tell you something though. I am not a visionary, but I have predicted some things with uncanny accuracy just being an ole Hilllbilly that pays attention. I predicted the following at least one year before it's occurrence. The Tech Bubble, the housing bubble, the current recession. The last one I guess you didn't know about that yet. Ten years before Iraq, I predicted that one. I don't even consider myself to be a swamie. Just a good ole hillbilly with vision. Teh hillbilly speaks. In ten years the Chinese will threaten to conquer the world. As we have learned in Iraq, conquests are not easy.
In ten years they will begin not economically, but militarily, to conquer the world. Only these things stand between America and that conquest. American ingenuity to conquer energy, American unity in the discipline of conservative socio-political-economic principals, exertion of American sovereignty(NO MORE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION)and last but not least conversion of the mad philosophy of multiculturalism into the sane philosophy of American Enculturation. They are united, a race of red ants setting out to strip the forest and carry it off to their mound. At this time, (hopefully that will change), we are the proverbial Tower of Babble, the Clinton multicultural cumbayah marshmallows.
It won't matter that much to me. I hope it matters to all of you. If you end up one of the lucky ones, serving chow mein, and working on the railroad. The good news, it's never too late to treat for termites till the house falls down on top of you.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 11-27-2007 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: personal attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies