Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 02:10 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times

Advertisements

Is Social Control the Reason Why Some Drugs are Legal While Others are Outlawed?....ABSOLUTELY, it also provides for a lot more money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 01:57 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
The reason why any drug is illegal is because we have a pathetically ignorant populace who do not understand the Constitution or their own legal standing as a citizen.

Ask yourself why there were no state drug laws until around 1913 and no Federal drug laws until 1970! Because legally the government cannot tell a citizen what they can and cannot do with their own bodies.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:40 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,123,798 times
Yay, that video!!!

I think it's misinformation and fear as to why the psychedelics and other non addictive drugs are still seen by the public as a bad thing. I mean, look at Finn and the rest. Most of the public has no idea what any of those drugs even do. I didn't until I did my own research. They still think LSD makes you go crazy and PCP makes you want to kill cops.

Some mom spearheaded getting salvia banned because her kid committed suicide after taking it. But it got the public's attention and fear worked towards it being illegal. Although it still looks like you can buy it on the internet. Lot's of people take salvia and don't commit suicide. There was something wrong with the moms kid. If it was bad, people would quit using it, like what happened with datura.

Can someone explain to me why the christian and even more so the Islamic right have such a problem with these drugs though? Their holy books are full of visions and encounters with God(s). But apparently religion and follow the leader is what god intended for us today.

Coporate monopoly on addictive drugs such as tobacco and painkillers could be a significant barrier to legalization at the Congressional level though, as others have stated. Why is aceteminophen still legal as kid aspirin when it causes liver failure, known since the 70's? Cause Johnson and Johnson make a killing off of it.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:58 AM

I feel that if a government really wanted social control, they'd make things mandatory to take. Like if they put methadone in the water or something. People, even without substances are pretty untameable. But if everyone was droned out on painkillers, you could have a very malleable society. Maybe that's what they're doing with the fluoride.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:26 PM

20,363 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I feel that if a government really wanted social control, they'd make things mandatory to take. Like if they put methadone in the water or something. People, even without substances are pretty untameable. But if everyone was droned out on painkillers, you could have a very malleable society. Maybe that's what they're doing with the fluoride.
Oh, and don't forget how if your child doesn't act like a quiet and obedient little robot, your kid's school will pressure you to get him on mind altering drugs from Big Pharma so he can settle down and "learn."

We were two weeks into kindergarten with my oldest when they decided that since I was a young Mom, they could pull this fast one on me and get my kid doped up. He has a stubborn streak and wasn't used to the school environment (two weeks in) and got upset when they wanted him to stop doing what he was doing immediately and line up. They called up a school psychiatrist from the county seat (a 45 minute drive away) to sit me down and say in a saccharific and condescending voice, "Miss, I don't know if you know what autism is...but we believe your son might be...on the spectrum. If we treat these cases early enough, we can do the most good for your son."

I resisted. In some places, this can get you brought up on child neglect/abuse charges. Fortunately they didn't press the issue. Come to find out, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT was giving schools funding for each child placed in special education and under one of their special "plans."

My son is now 14, and doing very well. He has a happy and active social life, is in his 5th year with the viola, has a pretty typical mixed bag of grades but doesn't struggle in the classes he enjoys and does well in the others when he does his work. In other words, he is incredibly...NORMAL.

So yeah. They are drugging the populace. Just not with the substances that THEY don't control and profit by. Don't worry though...if you need your medication badly enough and can't afford it, either Obamacare will take care of it for you, or if you call the manufacturer, you can get your "medicine" for free.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:38 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
The entire planet running machine is centrally controlled and corporate in nature.

Central control is of critical importance to the machine. On can debate consciousness, perception or the observer phenom, but creativity could also be put in this arena. The arts have also been de-emphasized in favor of what is commonly called left brain thinking. (Speaking of govt schools here.)

Important to note that everything one ingest and one's body produces, for that matter, is chemical in nature. It is important to be careful here. However, often overlooked when discussing structures and functions is at the energetic level, if you will. DNA, for example is very sophisticated tech.

These studies on Cymatics in the 60s were fascinating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Io6lop3mk

Last edited by CDusr; 02-10-2014 at 08:48 PM..

Old 02-10-2014, 08:42 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Keep in mind one has to keep the corporate machine running, so drugging everyone into zombie mode might create a huge problem. Lot less heavy machinery these days, more outsourcing and automation, so that helps, but completely brain dead everybody wouldn't work. One needs good obedient workers that don't think to deeply about much. That's where distraction can be very useful.

Govt has experimented with drugs plenty though. This is one that conveniently was missing details years later.
http://www.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/...ectMKULTRA.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-quinuclidinyl_benzilate

Last edited by CDusr; 02-10-2014 at 09:07 PM..

Old 02-11-2014, 01:11 PM

About the ADD or any kind of drug and kids, I think medicine should not be administered until the kid makes the choice for itself. I was a weird kid, like really weird, when I was in kindergarten and preschool. I would have been diagnosed autistic too I believe. I didn't talk to many people and always played by myself and was extremely concrete. But I ended up normal (I think), and a more abstract person. A lot of changes happen between 4 and 13.

About central control, I think methadone would enhance it. It deadens your emotions but leaves you still conscious and able to think and work. Not that I'm recommending that, BUT, it makes you wonder why they are so eager to prescribe pain meds, although other ones leave you a little less work operable than methadone.

About BZ, I read on erowid an account from one of the service members who was given that. He said he didn't know what it was. Basically, it lasted for several days and he said he was incoherently deleriant and had several dreams, slipping in and out of sleep. Maybe it could be used for military control in an area? It sounds better than killing the people.

And what institution besides the government would be much more damaged by free use of hallucinogenic drugs? Someone guess!

Old 02-11-2014, 02:47 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Oh, and don't forget how if your child doesn't act like a quiet and obedient little robot, your kid's school will pressure you to get him on mind altering drugs from Big Pharma so he can settle down and "learn."

We were two weeks into kindergarten with my oldest when they decided that since I was a young Mom, they could pull this fast one on me and get my kid doped up. He has a stubborn streak and wasn't used to the school environment (two weeks in) and got upset when they wanted him to stop doing what he was doing immediately and line up. They called up a school psychiatrist from the county seat (a 45 minute drive away) to sit me down and say in a saccharific and condescending voice, "Miss, I don't know if you know what autism is...but we believe your son might be...on the spectrum. If we treat these cases early enough, we can do the most good for your son."

I resisted. In some places, this can get you brought up on child neglect/abuse charges. Fortunately they didn't press the issue. Come to find out, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT was giving schools funding for each child placed in special education and under one of their special "plans."

My son is now 14, and doing very well. He has a happy and active social life, is in his 5th year with the viola, has a pretty typical mixed bag of grades but doesn't struggle in the classes he enjoys and does well in the others when he does his work. In other words, he is incredibly...NORMAL.

So yeah. They are drugging the populace. Just not with the substances that THEY don't control and profit by. Don't worry though...if you need your medication badly enough and can't afford it, either Obamacare will take care of it for you, or if you call the manufacturer, you can get your "medicine" for free.
Wow! Good for you for knowing your child and standing up to blind bureaucracy. So many parents put their children on pills and medication without a second thought-it reminds me of the South Park episode where every child in the town was lining up to be diagnosed with ADD in order to have a viable excuse not to do their homework.

They medicate children not so they can learn, but so they can learn how to follow orders.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:56 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Wow! Good for you for knowing your child and standing up to blind bureaucracy. So many parents put their children on pills and medication without a second thought-it reminds me of the South Park episode where every child in the town was lining up to be diagnosed with ADD in order to have a viable excuse not to do their homework.

They medicate children not so they can learn, but so they can learn how to follow orders.

When I was younger, I was a bit hyper, and probably would have been a perfect candidate for what they call ADHD. I mean, I do get distracted easily...even today. However; I'm glad my mom never put me on that Ritalin crap! I would never put my own kid on that stuff either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies