U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 01:32 AM

26,160 posts, read 15,389,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons
Y'know, I never realized just how stupid the anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists are until I read threads like these.
We arent the stupid ones! (We are aware)

Old 01-17-2014, 05:19 AM

19,846 posts, read 19,943,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Please state where you got your epidemiology degree. It's kind of "Epi 101" that flu and pneumonia go together, with pneumonia the secondary infection.
Why single me out for that question?
Why not everybody here that is just expressing opinions and citing various reports?
Do you have one?
One possible complication of flu can be pneumonia. It's not a foregone conclusion.

Understand one thing. Do not take it for granted that I am anti-vaccine.
I just dislike seeing people on both sides of a debate using sketchy information if they think it helps support their opinion when all it does is make it the valid points suspect.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:25 AM

87,034 posts, read 102,707,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Why single me out for that question?
Why not everybody here that is just expressing opinions and citing various reports?
Do you have one?
One possible complication of flu can be pneumonia. It's not a foregone conclusion.

Understand one thing. Do not take it for granted that I am anti-vaccine.
I just dislike seeing people on both sides of a debate using sketchy information if they think it helps support their opinion when all it does is make it the valid points suspect.
As far as singling you out, I was responding to your statement.

You are entitled to your opinions. You're not entitled to your facts. Flu and pneumonia are very much linked in epidemiology.

Pneumonia Can Be Prevented - Vaccines Can Help | CDC Features
**In the United States, the most common viral causes of pneumonia are influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and the most common bacterial cause is Streptococcus pneumoniae (pneumococcus). In children younger than 1 year of age, RSV is the most common cause of pneumonia.**

Old 01-17-2014, 08:43 AM

6,868 posts, read 3,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Y'know, I never realized just how stupid the anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists are until I read threads like these.
Yea, no proof of anything.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Just keep recycling the vaccine myths. Yawn.

How about some facts:

Flu shot safe for pregnant women

"Over a 5 year study period, a total of 8,690 women received a seasonal trivalent inactive influenza vaccine during the first trimester, and delivered babies at the study institution. Some of the key results were:

Women vaccinated during pregnancy were significantly older with more pregnancies than women who declined vaccination.
About 2 percent had a baby with a major birth defect, such as a malformation in the heart or a cleft lip, identical to the rate among almost 77,000 pregnant women who did not get the vaccine.
Women who were vaccinated had lower stillbirth (0.3% compared with 0.6%, P=.006).
Women who were vaccinated had lower neonatal death (0.2% compared with 0.4%, P=.01).
Women who were vaccinated had lower premature delivery rates (5% compared with 6%, P=.004)."

No increase in birth defects, fewer stillbirths, neonatal deaths, and premature births. All of the mothers received the vaccine in the first 14 weeks of the pregnancy.
Wonder if any of the immunity carries over to the baby?

Old 01-17-2014, 08:53 AM

If this stuff is so dangerous, why aren't there any long term effects?

Quote:

Outside North America and Europe, many vaccines contain thiomersal; the World Health Organization has concluded that there is
no evidence of toxicity from thiomersal in vaccines and no reason on safety
grounds to change to more expensive single-dose administration.[SIZE=2][[/SIZE]
Thiomersal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-17-2014, 08:56 AM

87,034 posts, read 102,707,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Wonder if any of the immunity carries over to the baby?
Yes, some does.
CDC - Pregnant Women & Influenza (Flu) | Seasonal Influenza (Flu)

The other way the baby is protected is that if the mom doesn't get the flu, she can't give it to her baby.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:59 AM

12,886 posts, read 15,456,971 times
Quote:
The bold is a bit of a "broken record" talking point.

To answer your question, I doubt if you could find ONE documented death. But I'll let you search.
One of many.....
Ian's Voice

Old 01-17-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I have responded to you on this exact topic multiple times. .
I have responded to you on this exact topic multiple times, yet you refuse to educate yourself on the FACT that vaccines can and are catastrophic to the immune system and cause great disability and death....why do you refuse to see the truth when it's right in your face?..look around you.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Yes, some does.
CDC - Pregnant Women & Influenza (Flu) | Seasonal Influenza (Flu)

The other way the baby is protected is that if the mom doesn't get the flu, she can't give it to her baby.
another big CDC lie..........
here's the truth...4,250% Increase in Fetal Deaths Reported to VAERS After Flu Shot Given to Pregnant Women | Health Impact News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or