U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Status: "Summer!" (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,002 posts, read 102,581,357 times
Reputation: 33059

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
One of many.....
Ian's Voice
Sad as it is for a baby to die, that child had problems from before birth. His mom had "toxemia and pre-eclampsia" (essentially the same conditions) which caused his induction, there's a hint about meconium aspiration that is not fully explained, and this big 8#1.5oz baby spent 7 days in the NICU which wasn't really explained. He was gavage fed, for unexplained reasons. This was not a healthy child. I'm sorry for his grieving parents.

 
Old 01-17-2014, 09:32 AM
 
12,886 posts, read 15,429,995 times
Reputation: 14853
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Just keep recycling the vaccine myths. Yawn.

How about some facts:

Flu shot safe for pregnant women

.
wasn't it you who criticized me for posting Blogs?....which flu vaccine do you say is safe for pregnant women?,,I looked at a bunch of flu vaccine inserts and EVERY one of them said..."safety and effectiveness have not been established in pregnant women or nursing mothers".
 
Old 01-17-2014, 09:43 AM
 
12,886 posts, read 15,429,995 times
Reputation: 14853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
This was not a healthy child. I'm sorry for his grieving parents.
Right, he was not a healthy child..to biggin with (that could have easily changed had he lived)...the hospital SHOULD HAVE KNOWN not to give a Hep b shot to a newborn whose system was already compromised...but they did, and when they gave him the shot, they also gave him a death sentence.
 
Old 01-17-2014, 09:51 AM
 
12,886 posts, read 15,429,995 times
Reputation: 14853
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Y'know, I never realized just how stupid the anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists are until I read threads like these.
Why do you feel the need to insult people just because they care enough to want to know the truth...ALL the truth...there is no conspiracy involved when someone seeks knowledge and shares it....Are you even aware of just how many, many, many more vaccines babies born today are injected with compared to what you would have got being born in the 80's?...why not check it out..it's not a conspiracy..just an inarguable truth


this'll help...http://www.drmomma.org/2011/01/cdc-m...e-1983-vs.html
 
Old 01-17-2014, 09:53 AM
 
9,595 posts, read 5,801,648 times
Reputation: 9693
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Right, he was not a healthy child..to biggin with (that could have easily changed had he lived)...the hospital SHOULD HAVE KNOWN not to give a Hep b shot to a newborn whose system was already compromised...but they did, and when they gave him the shot, they also gave him a death sentence.

Agreed. Due to his health he should have not been vaccinated. They should have known that.
 
Old 01-17-2014, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Florida
19,795 posts, read 19,895,713 times
Reputation: 23212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
As far as singling you out, I was responding to your statement.

You are entitled to your opinions. You're not entitled to your facts. Flu and pneumonia are very much linked in epidemiology.

Pneumonia Can Be Prevented - Vaccines Can Help | CDC Features
**In the United States, the most common viral causes of pneumonia are influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and the most common bacterial cause is Streptococcus pneumoniae (pneumococcus). In children younger than 1 year of age, RSV is the most common cause of pneumonia.**
Being as you say you're a nurse, then you also know that viral pneumonia is not usually as serious as bacterial pneumonia

"Approximately 50 percent of pneumonia cases are believed to be caused by viruses and tend to result in less severe illness than bacteria-caused pneumonia"..snip...."There are no generally effective treatments for most types of viral pneumonia, which usually heal on their own."
Pneumonia Fact Sheet - American Lung Association

This is not to say that someone with flu may not have the complication of a bacterial pneumonia.
It's just to say, once again, ......there are lies and there are lies and then there are statistics.
You and I and others in a discussion like this can quote and put up links that counter each other all day long and the most it will do is make for a very long thread.
The less ambiguous a statistic is.....when something is posted as an absolute fact, the more one can learn
 
Old 01-17-2014, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,411 posts, read 28,257,722 times
Reputation: 28995
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
One of many.....
Ian's Voice
Although the loss of their child is heartbreaking for all of us, it appears that Ian's parents are just unable to cope with the fact that no one was able to tell them what happened to him. They are the only ones who believe it was the Hepatitis B vaccine. Just because they find it to be the explanation does not mean it was the explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
As you have been told repeatedly, VAERS reports do not prove cause and effect. They are meant only to collect data about possible cause and effect and are not proof of anything. Many reports turn out to not even contain an identifiable patient. So there is no "4250% increase in fetal deaths" due to flu vaccine. Studies show taking the vaccine reduces fetal deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
wasn't it you who criticized me for posting Blogs?....which flu vaccine do you say is safe for pregnant women?,,I looked at a bunch of flu vaccine inserts and EVERY one of them said..."safety and effectiveness have not been established in pregnant women or nursing mothers".
The inserts are written by lawyers. That should tell you all you need to know. The inserts merely tell you that the company making the vaccine has not specifically tested the product in pregnant women and nursing mothers. That is true of virtually every medication routinely given to pregnant women and nursing mothers. It does not mean they are unsafe or that there is not other evidence (not produced by the drug company) that they are safe.

I call out people who use blogs with no scientific sources as evidence. The story about Ian is such a blog. it contains no evidence that anyone on the medical team thought Ian's death was due to the vaccine.

The blog I linked to was written by an infectious disease specialist and a link to the actual article the author discusses is in the first paragraph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Right, he was not a healthy child..to biggin with (that could have easily changed had he lived)...the hospital SHOULD HAVE KNOWN not to give a Hep b shot to a newborn whose system was already compromised...but they did, and when they gave him the shot, they also gave him a death sentence.
We have no evidence his death was due to the vaccine. At the time he received the vaccine there was no contraindication to it that I can discern from the blog.
 
Old 01-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Status: "Summer!" (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,002 posts, read 102,581,357 times
Reputation: 33059
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Being as you say you're a nurse, then you also know that viral pneumonia is not usually as serious as bacterial pneumonia

"Approximately 50 percent of pneumonia cases are believed to be caused by viruses and tend to result in less severe illness than bacteria-caused pneumonia"..snip...."There are no generally effective treatments for most types of viral pneumonia, which usually heal on their own."
Pneumonia Fact Sheet - American Lung Association

This is not to say that someone with flu may not have the complication of a bacterial pneumonia.
It's just to say, once again, ......there are lies and there are lies and then there are statistics.
You and I and others in a discussion like this can quote and put up links that counter each other all day long and the most it will do is make for a very long thread.
The less ambiguous a statistic is.....when something is posted as an absolute fact, the more one can learn
Well, I ought to not respond at all, as you are questioning my truthfulness. But I will say, the pneumonia one gets as a secondary infection after a case of flu can be bacterial was well as viral. The flu virus does not cause pneumonia. It weakens the immune system and leaves it vulnerable to infection from other microbes.
When the flu (influenza) leads to Pneumonia

From your link:

"Streptococcus pneumoniae or pneumococcal pneumonia is the most common cause of bacterial pneumonia acquired outside of hospitals. The bacteria can multiply and cause serious damage to healthy individual lungs, bloodstream (bacteremia), brain (meningitis) and other parts of the body, especially when the body's defenses are weakened. It is estimated that 175,000 cases of pneumococcal pneumonia occur each year, with a fatality rate of 5-7%, or even much higher among the elderly.5"
 
Old 01-17-2014, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Steeler Nation
6,868 posts, read 3,944,853 times
Reputation: 1596
Question to anti vaxxers, Hypothetical situation--- A vaccine is developed that can prevent cancer, would you take the shot?
 
Old 01-17-2014, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Geneva, IL
12,982 posts, read 12,254,776 times
Reputation: 14820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Question to anti vaxxers, Hypothetical situation--- A vaccine is developed that can prevent cancer, would you take the shot?
There already is one, HPV, and they have VAERS-ed themselves silly on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top