Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 04:13 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The Satanic Temple, a New York-based organization, unveiled designs for a seven foot-tall Baphomet statue to be placed at the Oklahoma State Capitol. The statue features Baphomet sitting on a throne adorned with an inverted pentagram flanked by two smiling children. (Maybe I should point out that the Caduceus rising from Baphomet’s lap also represents an erect phallus, which makes the whole children thing quite inappropriate).
Read more at Satanic Temple Looking to Build Statue of Baphomet at Oklahoma State Capitol - The Vigilant Citizen

Creepy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 04:14 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If one religion is allowed then any and all religions should be allowed.
If you don't want other religions represented on government property keep your religion off of government property.
Mention of the Christian religion is already stamped on many government buildings in our country. It would take tons of money to remove it. I am still trying to convince people to send me their money that has "In God we Trust"on it if it insults them but still don't have any takers. Guess it all depends on how important in issue is to them.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:16 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
To some so is Nazism, deal with that.
To some, texting is a religion. Doesn't mean it is. This has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at at hand.
The bottom line is that you only want YOUR religion and YOUR deity represented. Too bad, as there are many religions and about 3,000 deities.
Every deity from Thor to Neptune to Satan to Ganesha to Apollo has a right to be represented if you allow the Judeo-Christian one to be represented. All of your outrage and hurt feelings mean squat.
Deal with that.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
it's an anatomically incorrect statue of baphomet.

Also, Nazi basically was an occult religion. So.
They did do a lot of seances to contact the dead didn't they? Look at the documentary on it on youtube.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
To some, texting is a religion. Doesn't mean it is. This has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at at hand.
The bottom line is that you only want YOUR religion and YOUR deity represented. Too bad, as there are many religions and about 3,000 deities.
Every deity from Thor to Neptune to Satan to Ganesha to Apollo has a right to be represented if you allow the Judeo-Christian one to be represented. All of your outrage and hurt feelings mean squat.
Deal with that.

It's not the point on what I want, I really don't care. The point is it's already there. We have to deal with reality. It came before, it is the majority and it is reality.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:25 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Mention of the Christian religion is already stamped on many government buildings in our country. It would take tons of money to remove it. I am still trying to convince people to send me their money that has "In God we Trust"on it if it insults them but still don't have any takers. Guess it all depends on how important in issue is to them.
Well, I hardly ever use cash anyways, and my debit card says nothing about god. Not to mention all that crap was added to money when it shouldn't have been. But you know Americans the all mighty dollar is god to some.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:27 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
It's not the point on what I want, I really don't care. The point is it's already there. We have to deal with reality. It came before, it is the majority and it is reality.
All I'm hearing is "WHAAAAA MY religion isn't allowed to be the only one on government property" "Why do I have to share public spaces with others" WHAAAAAAA"

Don't like havong to share, remove your religious monument.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by janelle144

Mention of the Christian religion is already
stamped on many government buildings in our country. It would take tons of
money to remove it. I am still trying to convince people to send me their money
that has "In God we Trust"on it if it insults them but still don't have any
takers. Guess it all depends on how important in issue is to them.
My money has polar bears, hockey players and inukshuks on it. No mention of God at all, so I'm keeping it.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
All I'm hearing is "WHAAAAA MY religion isn't allowed to be the only one on government property" "Why do I have to share public spaces with others" WHAAAAAAA"

Don't like havong to share, remove your religious monument.
They don't need to remove it, it's not there. I don't care if it was there first but it's wasn't. Now tax payers need to pay to have it all removed with our economy the way it is?

Old 01-08-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
My money has polar bears, hockey players and inukshuks on it. No mention of God at all, so I'm keeping it.
Play money, nice you can use it though, most people have to use the real thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies