Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 07:55 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,754,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

Heterosexuality at least follows logical reasoning....the action of male-on-female sex has a very deliberate purpose. Survival.
By the same logic, homosexuality is also following logical reasoning. Perhaps nature makes sure that a consistent number of the population, say 10%, are not breeding. Therefore resources are conserved and there is less disruption to the native environment. Or perhaps, nature wants 10% of the population of animals not breeding so that the children of the parents who have been killed can be raised within the family unit.

You cant say somethig is illogical when it has existed naturally since human beings were created.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 08:12 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,013 times
Wow! 131 comments already. Kinda proud of myself for starting this!

Old 01-08-2014, 08:19 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Being that to be a homosexual has existed since the beginning of recorded human history, and is found in thousands of other organisms throughout this world, it is most definitely natural. It is a natural state of being that some people manifest as.

You need to stop telling other people what they can and can not do with their bodies. What is desirable for you, might not be desirable for someone else.
er... where did the OP 'tell' anyone what they could and could not do with their bodies?

you need to respond to what people actually post, not something that you just made up.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:22 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
By the same logic, homosexuality is also following logical reasoning. Perhaps nature makes sure that a consistent number of the population, say 10%, are not breeding. Therefore resources are conserved and there is less disruption to the native environment. Or perhaps, nature wants 10% of the population of animals not breeding so that the children of the parents who have been killed can be raised within the family unit.
That's a nice theory. Of course, there are hundreds of other mechanisms by which your premise can be carried out by nature. Homosexuality sounds like a pretty inefficient one. Of course, if we were to look at that scenario from within our modern society, homosexuals are circumventing your theory of "natures regulation" through adoption.

Quote:
You cant say something is illogical when it has existed naturally since human beings were created.
OK, maybe it's unfavorable...how's that?

We make all these other disorders up and treat them....why not homosexuality? I also find it odd that dissociative disorders ,by and large, are treated through conventional methods and classified as a legitimate mental disorders...but yet transsexuality is not. AND the ones who DO rail for it to be classified as such want the actual course of treatment to BE A SEX CHANGE!!

Old 01-08-2014, 08:38 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
Just put 'gay' in the title and the anti-gay crusaders descend in force to post about their obsession with gay male sex.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:42 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:

Evander Holyfield Attacks Gays on UK Big Brother - YouTube

The former heavyweight champion said being gay "ain't normal" on the reality show
By Megan Gibson / London

Read more: Evander Holyfield Makes Anti-Gay Comments on 'Celebrity Big Brother' | TIME.com Evander Holyfield Makes Anti-Gay Comments on 'Celebrity Big Brother' | TIME.com

Now, let's see if he gets the same treatment as our friend on Duck Dynasty.

It's the UK, apples and oranges. It just goes to show, opinions are like *******s, everyone has one.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:44 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,994,843 times
Default broken window

We have the "broken window" philosophy to social engineering being applied here. If you arrest criminals for breaking windows you can mitigate more serious crimes.

Even though what the boxer said was only a thought crime and not a real hate crime it is important for the sake of subversion that he is publicly humiliated to set an example to the masses how to think.

This way they know that the masters of this flock has endorsed homosexual behavior and other forms of sexual deviance. It is important that the individual members of the collective march in lockstep to the ruling class dogma. BY humiliating a few celebrities for deviating from approved lines of thinking we can ensure that the homosexual acceptance social engineering is robust and effective.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:39 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:

I have over 8,000 posts on an internet board. I wonder if that's normal behavior.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:43 AM

1,074 posts, read 757,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, its not normal.

Normal means usual. Being gay is not usual, only about 3% of the population is gay so it is indeed not normal. Many people use that word as a positive so being "not normal" is a negative.

All that being said, i have the advantage of knowing his family and I have never seen or heard anyone of them be homophobic.
"Homophobic" is a made up term intended to disparage anyone who thinks homosexuality is wrong, sinful, unnatural, or perverted. It is intended to intimidate and bully.

However a phobia is an "irrational persistent fear, or dread" of something. Therefore, the term "homophobic," as used by the homos, has no meaning in reality.

It does not intimidate me, and I will continue to speak out against homosexuality, and I will not accept it as "normal," which it isn't.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:47 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
"Homophobic" is a made up term intended to disparage anyone who thinks homosexuality is wrong, sinful, unnatural, or perverted. It is intended to intimidate and bully.

However a phobia is an "irrational persistent fear, or dread" of something. Therefore, the term "homophobic," as used by the homos, has no meaning in reality.

It does not intimidate me, and I will continue to speak out against homosexuality, and I will not accept it as "normal," which it isn't.
The only reason you fight against it is because you FEAR its acceptance. Since this fear is irrational, homophobia is a completely accurate term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies