Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should drug use be legal?
Drug use and sale should be decriminalized 39 69.64%
Drug use and sale should be kept as is 17 30.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 02:15 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Great post. I started a thread the other day on why drugs that explore/expand consciousness yet are not particularly dangerous or harmful are illegal while mundane yet very dangerous and physically addictive drugs like alcohol, psychoactive pills and tobacco are legal.

Is Social Control the Reason Why Some Drugs are Legal While Others Outlawed?

Graham Hancock-The War on Consciousness - YouTube
I know, I was debating bringing your thread back to life here, but I don't know if two drug threads is too many. Many very intelligent people have used psychedelics and many have benefited from them. They're the only ones I would try.

I think the reason people don't want them though is because the Christian right fears users will be demon possessed or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 02:18 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
If you look at the history of pot, you'll see that it was an invention of Hearst, Dupont, and their cronies in office. They invented the entire notion of the "Devils Weed" and started this nonsensical hysteria after producing the movie Reefer Madness which depicted pot smokers as rapists and psycho killers.

The truth, he and DuPont fabricated it to protect their synthetics and drug business. The entire war on drugs is a scam which lines the pockets of cronies and corporations.

HOW DID

Believe me, I'm well aware. And they say that pot makes people paranoid and delusional? I just can't believe people bought the propaganda for so long.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:32 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
A good society needs guard rails and I don't see much if anything positive about more legal drugs. We have a huge substance abuse problems with legal drugs now that end up on the black market so why add fuel to the fire.
This is complete nonsense. There are only two possibilities for a system of government. One is for a government in which the people are the masters, and the government is the servant.
Or a system in which the government is the master and the people are the servants.

In the first example the people own their own bodies, and the government has no right to tell a person what they may and may not do with them.
And in the second the government owns the peoples bodies and dictates anything they want.
Which kind of system do you think we live in?

Old 01-09-2014, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
This is complete nonsense. There are only two possibilities for a system of government. One is for a government in which the people are the masters, and the government is the servant.
Or a system in which the government is the master and the people are the servants.

In the first example the people own their own bodies, and the government has no right to tell a person what they may and may not do with them.
And in the second the government owns the peoples bodies and dictates anything they want.
Which kind of system do you think we live in?
When they don't respond, does that mean you won the argument?

Old 01-09-2014, 08:04 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I know, I was debating bringing your thread back to life here, but I don't know if two drug threads is too many. Many very intelligent people have used psychedelics and many have benefited from them. They're the only ones I would try.

I think the reason people don't want them though is because the Christian right fears users will be demon possessed or something.
Yeah, it has been a hot topic for a while. I've tried Mushrooms and enjoyed my few experiences and would definitely try DMT-as you said earlier we naturally produce DMT in our brains.

Speaking of producing DMT in our brains, we also have cannabinoid receptors in our brain whose only purpose is to process THC in marijuana and also acts as an anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsive and is responsible for the therapeutic and euphoric effects of marijuana.

I'm sorry, but I would assume that our creator put these plants and substances on this planet for our enjoyment-especially when you see how they interact with our bodies and brains.

Our bodies reject alcohol, pills, etc and do not have proper mechanisms to fight their ill effects. It only makes more sense that some scientists and theorist believe humans developed consciousness and evolved into our current state when experimenting with mushrooms 100,000 years ago.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Yeah, it has been a hot topic for a while. I've tried Mushrooms and enjoyed my few experiences and would definitely try DMT-as you said earlier we naturally produce DMT in our brains.

Speaking of producing DMT in our brains, we also have cannabinoid receptors in our brain whose only purpose is to process THC in marijuana and also acts as an anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsive and is responsible for the therapeutic and euphoric effects of marijuana.

I'm sorry, but I would assume that our creator put these plants and substances on this planet for our enjoyment-especially when you see how they interact with our bodies and brains.

Our bodies reject alcohol, pills, etc and do not have proper mechanisms to fight their ill effects. It only makes more sense that some scientists and theorist believe humans developed consciousness and evolved into our current state when experimenting with mushrooms 100,000 years ago.
That's interesting about the THC receptor. I might have to pick up some marijuana here in Colorado to see what it's like. To be honest, I did try a pain killer from my wisdom teeth surgery this Sunday, after the teeth were healed. I can see how they could definitely become addicting as an escape. You just smile while the world, or the god awful church I was stuck in, rolls by. That's why I'm the most hesitant in legalizing painkillers out of the entire group of drugs.

I made a thread about DMT inspiring religion a while ago, can't find it now. But seriously, why cant I use DMT as a supplement to deep prayer and meditation? It's a Schedule 1 drug that fits none of the Schedule 1 classifications.

Just watched the Graham Hitchcock movie. Seems to me like psychedelics have a higher rate of curing addiction than NA, AA, prison, or Jesus. It really is interesting.

Last edited by Phil P; 01-09-2014 at 10:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies