Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 09:16 AM

131 posts, read 223,442 times

Advertisements

What Is Wrong With Thinking Or Saying That Homosexuality Is Abnormal?

Nothing. It is abnormal.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:18 AM

76,905 posts, read 47,211,581 times
Quote:
What Is Wrong With Thinking Or Saying That Homosexuality Is Abnormal?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with thinking it is unnatural (most people agree it is unnatural). If you are going to say it out loud, then be prepared to face the consequences. You are free to say it, and others are free to reply. Someone might even smack you in the face, but then they would also have to face the concequences. Your employer is also free to let you go, if they think your comments are bad for business. Exersice freedom of speech responsibly.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:18 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,319,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
I have no particular reasons to say that it should not be social acceptable because I'm sort of morally centrist.

However I don't much care for ostracizing those whose religious beliefs tell them that it's wrong either.

And I find it the height of hypocrisy when the left will condemn Christians who feel homosexuality is wrong but will defend Muslims as being just part of their culture

The height of hypocrisy is Christians cherry-picking the Bible to condemn gay and lesbian people but ignoring most things that would condemn themselves.

I don't know what you are claiming about 'the left will defend Muslims as being just part of their culture' as it doesn't make sense.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:20 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,124,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with thinking it is unnatural. If you are going to say it out loud, then be prepared to face the consequences. You are free to say it, and others are free to reply. Someone might even smack you in the face, but then they would also have to face the concequences. Your employer is also free to let you go, if they think your comments are bad for business. Exersice freedom of speech responsibly.
What consequences?

Old 01-08-2014, 09:21 AM

33,465 posts, read 17,983,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
There are a couple of issues with your post, but probably the worst is your intellectual dishonesty.

As others have posted, comments that homosexuality is "abnormal" do not occur in a vacuum, but are almost invariably coupled with statements that homosexuality is wrong, sinful, unhealthy, or, as the Catholic church has it, intrinsically disordered. Therefore, you are not being honest in claiming that you or others are simply making an innocent statement that homosexuality is beyond the numerical norms.

In short, if all you were doing was saying that homosexuality is on the same footing as being left-handed or having red hair, both of which are abnormal in terms of population distribution, that would be one thing, but that is never, never what is meant. To pretend otherwise is the height of hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty.
Wow. what a stretch.. looking a certain way is far from a sexual act. Red hair is common with the Irish and being left handed is not uncommon. One can be ambidextrous and is not considered abnormal.

Having sex with the same sex is. It is unnatural.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:23 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,929,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Missoula? That probably explains it.

Honestly, there's a reason why we keep people who think like you in places that contribute not much else more than live stock and natural resources....quarantined away where you can worship your deities du jour, order your behavior around a book written by bronze age desert dwellers and live your quaint, sheltered lives, free from the competition, demands and dynamism of civilization.

Most people who think like you are not doing anything to advance humanity in science, art or culture. Never have, and never will. Society always progresses in SPITE of people who think and act like you. Because there's an inverse correlation to having an open mind and actually being productive or innovative.

To be fair, livestock and natural resources are pretty damn important for our survival, and quite a large contribution to society. I'm not saying that I agree with that particular poster's opinions, because I don't. I will on the other hand support his 1st Amendment right to free speech as well as yours no matter how ridiculous said speech may be. But to say that those who live in rural areas aren't as important as those of us who live in suburban, or urban areas isn't logical. Without the livestock, crops or other natural resources, those of us in higher populated areas wouldn't fair so well, now would we?

Old 01-08-2014, 09:26 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,319,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
So, another neo-pagan? There is only One God.
So which one is it?

Old 01-08-2014, 09:26 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,836,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Homosexual acts are unnatural, perverted, immoral, and condemned by God. It is right for moral people to hate acts.
Still on your campaign to merge the Religion and Politics forums, aren't you.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:27 AM

76,905 posts, read 47,211,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What consequences?
I just told you. If your employer thinks such comments are bad for business, they are free to fire you. And if someone is offended by your comments, then the consequence could be a heated, and possibly unconfortable argument.

I think it is unnatural, but I don't say it out loud in the workplace, because it could cost me my job.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,929,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Homosexual acts are unnatural, perverted, immoral, and condemned by God. It is right for moral people to hate acts.

What does God say about passing judgement on others, and treating folks like second class citizens? I'm sure that He isn't happy about that either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies