Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 11:22 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
There are a lot of people making headlines these days for making anti-gay statements. These people are heavily criticized and some must even pay with their jobs and/or positions.

What I want to know is, why is it wrong to say that homosexuality is abnormal? It is one thing to spread hate speech or discriminate against someone because they are gay or deprive them of their civil rights because they are gay, but I really don't see why it is such a big deal when someone who is high profile says that being gay is abnormal, because it obviously is abnormal.

I have absolutely no ill will towards anyone who is gay. I could easily sit down and have a friendly convo with someone I knew was gay, and I fully support their right to have the same federal benefits as straight couples who've made a legal commitment to one another..... but do I think their sexual preferences are "normal" or "natural"?.....

no, I don't, and I don't see a problem with saying so. There are a lot of people who do things that are abnormal, but that doesn't mean I hate them or would discriminate against them for it.
I don't know exactly. Societies norms change as they evolve?. For me, I just realized if gay couples have the right to marry, It has no impact on my marriage whatsoever. And in this supposed land of the free, if my church has a problem with it (which it does), that's up to my church. I don't want my government making that same decision. I married "outside of my race" and took a lot of s**t for it, but my happiness in my marriage does not impact those who "marry only White Girls"...Not One Iota.

No Government should ever regulate Love.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:54 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The blind leading the blind.. homosexuality starts in the mind .. it is lust . Nature tells us what is normal.. we have two parents , one male , one female.. they have offspring.. this is the norm..

The homosexual is enticed to believing the lie.. that they are homosexual. They take on the name of a sexual act as their main identity. This is done to keep them in the circle of homosexuals.

They have believed they are born that way, had feelings toward same sex people... they believe the lie that has formed in their mind. They entertain it and accept the lie.

They are no different than the rest of us who believe a lie.. Homosexuals are people who have fallen into a life style set up in their mind. The truth is buried and they refuse to believe that they have fallen for a lie of who they really are. They have constantly reinforced it as this is the norm for the homosexual. There entire identity has been taken over by believing the lie .
I feel sorry for people who have been brainwashed to spout absolute nonsense like this. ^^

Old 01-08-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
It is called truth...
No, it's called.....

Spoiler

a lie.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Homosexuality is not normal. Depending on which source you choose, it's 3 to 8 %
of the Human population. That is not normal.There is no such thing as hate-speech
in America, it's a Communist term. It is not homophobia, homosexuality is mentioned
9 or more times in the Bible (several in each testament) as being a sin (many in each
Testament). It's actually simple mathematics.

By the way, I am not anti-gay, I'm pro-normal.
Is that like saying "I'm not a racist, I'm just a white-supremacist"?

And no, homosexuality as we know it in the 21st century is not mentioned at all in your Bible - certainly not in the original languages or cultural/religious contexts - of which I have no doubt you have no clue. Not that it matters anyway as the US is not a Christian theocracy.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
normal≠majority
That's true. Most people who would call gay people abnormal in negative pejorative way are not in the majority. So in fact, they are the ones who are abnormal these days.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What are you smoking?
Rolled up pages from the KJV soaked in gin and then dried out in the smoke of a burning sacrificial goat?

Old 01-09-2014, 12:18 AM

Quote:
This is the truth..

They don't work for themselves to be accepted , but their identity that is all about a sexual act and themselves as a homosexual to be accepted.. not the person they are which is very acceptable.
No. It's people like you who reduce gay and lesbian people down to just sex acts and completely ignore who they are as people, or the full lives they lead that have nothing to do with "sex-acts". It's purely designed to dehumanize gay and lesbian people.

It makes it much easier for hypocritical self-righteous bigoted people to justify their vilification of a whole group of people.

Last edited by Ceist; 01-09-2014 at 12:50 AM..

Old 01-09-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
No one is entitled to have their opinion respected, specifically when it is based on ill-facts.

The original Leviticus documents of the biblical texts that are today used by the uninformed to deny a spiritual connection to God for homosexuals were not written to address either homosexuals or homosexuality. These documents are actually referring to a prohibition against imitating non-Israelite, foreign cultic sexual substitution fertility rituals, and do not condemn anyone who does not use substitutional and/or incestuous sex as a method of gaining Divine favor.

In fact, the text ofthe Book of Leviticus was originally written as an instruction manual for the priestly tribe, and referred to PRIESTLY prohibitions only. The original name of the Book of Leviticus (which name comes from the Greek Septuagint) was in Hebrew "ספר תורת הכהנים SEFER TORAT HAKOHANIM" (The Instructions of the Priestly Officiants).
What a breath of fresh air. Someone who has a clue about Biblical texts in their original context.

This Canaanite culture and religion was the surrounding cultural context of the time.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post

However, forcing a homosexual agenda, especially to people with religious backgrounds is not a good thing.
Is forcing a religious agenda on ANYONE, a good thing?

Old 01-09-2014, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And if my religion taught that blacks were to be avoided as they have the curse of Ham?

And I had a restaurant and I refused to serve blacks but the government told me I HAD to?

Or if I'm a Muslim taxi driver and I want to refuse fares from single women?

Your religion does not give you the right to discriminate in business. Period.

Frankly, the "Christian wedding planner/photographer/cake decorator thing is pure, unadulterated bullcrap.

There is ONE sin in the Christian Bible above all others: Not believing in Jesus Christ or having some other God.

Where are the stories of bakeries refusing to make a wedding cake for a Hindu wedding ceremony, which involves idolatry and worshipping of other Gods? You don't hear it because the Xtian wedding conscientious objectors are hypocritical and Bible cherry picking jerks looking for attention.
Bullcrap is right. Those people were cowardly bigoted hypocrites. Their discrimination had nothing had all to do with their so-called 'religious beliefs':
We wondered what other requests these cakemakers would decline to honor. So last week five WW reporters called these two bakeries anonymously to get price quotes for other occasions frowned upon by some Christians. Surprisingly, the people who answered the phone at each bakery were quite willing to provide baked goods for celebrations of divorces, unmarried parents, stem-cell research, non-kosher barbecues and pagan solstice parties.

We later contacted both bakeries to ask about these inconsistencies. Regentin declined to comment beyond asking whether she had been taped (she had not).

Sweet Cakes owners Melissa and Aaron Klein were upset that we “would even try to entrap a business” and contacted conservative talk-show host Lars Larson.
Cake Wars: Asking Shops Who Denied Gays Cakes What Cakes They'll Make

And this baker accepted an order of a cake for a DOG WEDDING:

http://www.advocate.com/politics/mar...egal-complaint

Religious beliefs? Yeah.... right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies