Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 02:14 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
The brainwashing is actually from the church that just wants everyone to be the same, religion is abnormal to any animal and humans are animals. Religion is a construct, that is all. It is not fact, it is not the truth, nor is it meant to judge every single human with.

Brainwashing?

I can't wait for you to explain what "brainwashing" is.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:21 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Most Americans are intelligent enough to know what is innate and what is not."

What specifically would make you think that when the APA does not?
Ugh, yes, the APA does believe that that human sexual orientation is innate. There is no accepted psychological institution in America that believes otherwise.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppin on pissclams View Post
I innately love taking a crap. Movement in my butt. Makes me wonder.
Go back to bed. Adults are talking here.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:26 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I am only against redefining the definition of marriage as being between one man and one woman. I have a right to say that it is my opinion and view.
Yes I was against redefining the definition of marriage as one man one woman too. Yet many states did just that to try to stop same-sex marriages.

eg:

1975: Two men from Phoenix, Arizona, were granted a marriage license by a county clerk on January 7. The Arizona Supreme Court, citing the Bible, voided and revoked the marriage license. The state legislature passed a bill specifically defining marriage as being between a man and a woman.[1]

1975: Clela Rorex, county clerk of Boulder County, Colorado, allowed six same-sex couples to wed after receiving an advisory opinion from the district attorney's office indicating that the state's laws did not explicitly prohibit it.[14] A law was quickly enacted to prohibit same-sex marriages.

Same-sex marriage law in the United States by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-09-2014, 02:31 AM

833 posts, read 1,199,274 times
I dont know. What I DO know is - I'm sooooo tired of having this crap pushed down our throats all the time. And this is coming from a guy who supports gay marriage. It's almost enough to make me go anti, just because i'm sick of it.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
I dont know. What I DO know is - I'm sooooo tired of having this crap pushed down our throats all the time. And this is coming from a guy who supports gay marriage. It's almost enough to make me go anti, just because i'm sick of it.
As soon as gay marriage is legalized then you won't need to hear about it anymore. Until then, the people will speak what needs to be said.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
We do not make a mockery of God's sanctification of marriage. You don't fear God, but you will be judged by Him.
You probably aren't even aware that you are making a mockery of your God.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I trust an independent medical study like I posted over Catholic Culture, Family Research Council, both who HAVE obvious agenda's. The NCBI has only posted that so called study. They also post so called studies by the Family Research Institute, another anti-gay group.
I'm unfamiliar with the NCBI, but it seems that if they post unscientific clap trap from these groups, I don't have any faith in them.
Don't worry. The Kurt Freund study you are referring to was completely misrepresented by Daylux's sources. That's how they do it. They take legitimate studies and completely misrepresent what was in it or sometimes just blatantly lie.

Kurt Freund actually wrote this:

"Homosexual males who preferred physically mature partners responded no more to male children
than heterosexual males who preferred physically mature partners responded to female children."

They rely on their bigoted ignorant readers not actually bothering (or being capable of) looking up the actual full texts of the studies to check if what they are claiming is accurate or not.

Also, when researchers sometimes refer to "homosexual pedophiles", they are referring to the victim being the same gender as the perpetrator, they aren't referring to the sexual orientation of the perpetrator as being homosexual. This is something that is well known by researchers in this field, so they understand that they are not referring to gay men when they use those terms.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I knew you would say this. Denial helps to cloak the cognitive dissonance I'm sure you're feeling, but it doesn't change facts.
No, it just helps to be involved in research and have access to Journal databases and the full text of the articles to see just how many lies your religious sources present about the original studies.

Got any more 'studies'? This is fun.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:07 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
Same here... Being a heterosexual male, the thought of a man being with another man is disgusting. I don't want to see it... With that said, I really don't give a d@mn about what others do with there lives as long as it does not affect me. It's not my business and I wouldn't hold someone's sexuality against them.. Yet I'm tired of hearing about it. Everyday someone is "coming out." Who cares? Why can't they just be gay, live their lives, and let it be? Why do they have to shove it down everyone's throat and announce their sexual preference to the whole wold like Robin Roberts for example... I could maybe understand the whole coming out thing a few decades ago, but now, shut up about it already.

Also, being gay and sexual preferences IS NOT the same as race or gender socially wise. For example, I liken being gay to being of a certain religion. Just as it's some what socially acceptable to be vocally, but not discriminatory, against certain religions or all religions, it should be the same way with homosexuality. There are many famous Atheist who are on talk radio, in movies, and on TV who openly and vocally speak out against the protected class of Religion, and there are many religious people who would have absolutely nothing to do with an Atheist... People, especially religious people, should be treated the same way when they speak out against homosexuality without having to worry about getting fired or crucified for it....

Anyway, I don't think gays should have to apologize or hide the fact that they are gay, and I think that religious people and others should have to be ashamed of or hide the fact that they aren't fond of it... Seems like American have turned into a bunch of overly sensitive politically correct pansy (no pun intended). Whites want to be victims, Blacks want to be victims, Gays, women, Liberal, Conservative, Christians, Muslims, Mexicans, EVERYBODY is whining about how they're being discriminated against ans are wanting a pity party... I'm sick of hearing about it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies