Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 05:52 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,749,604 times

Advertisements

Like Fox News host Bob Beckel, who stated on Tuesday that all Nigerians are scam artists and pickpocketers, while Iranians threaten to feed their children to dogs. During a discussion of "The Triple Package," a new book by "Tiger Mom" Amy Chua that argues Jews, Mormons, Indians, Nigerians and Iranians, among others, are "superior" races and religions in the United States, Beckel offered his explanation for the trend.

"In Nigeria... they're the greatest scam artists in the world," he said. "They must teach them how to run scams and pickpocket people because they are very good at pickpocketing."

Beckel's co-hosts sat in shock while he continued to explain why he believes Iranians excel as well:

“Of course their kids are gonna pay attention, because if they don’t they are gonna take them in backyard and feed them to dogs," he claimed. "They scare ‘em, the Iranians scare ‘em, they’re torturers. No wonder the kids are gonna pay attention."

Bob Beckel: Nigerians Are Scammers, Iranians Feed Their Children To Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 05:55 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
I love it!!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2014, 05:56 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,093,945 times
I'm not convinced he has overcome his substance abuse problems. He knows his audience though.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:59 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Like Fox News host Bob Beckel, who stated on Tuesday that all Nigerians are scam artists and pickpocketers, while Iranians threaten to feed their children to dogs. During a discussion of "The Triple Package," a new book by "Tiger Mom" Amy Chua that argues Jews, Mormons, Indians, Nigerians and Iranians, among others, are "superior" races and religions in the United States, Beckel offered his explanation for the trend.

"In Nigeria... they're the greatest scam artists in the world," he said. "They must teach them how to run scams and pickpocket people because they are very good at pickpocketing."

Beckel's co-hosts sat in shock while he continued to explain why he believes Iranians excel as well:

“Of course their kids are gonna pay attention, because if they don’t they are gonna take them in backyard and feed them to dogs," he claimed. "They scare ‘em, the Iranians scare ‘em, they’re torturers. No wonder the kids are gonna pay attention."

Bob Beckel: Nigerians Are Scammers, Iranians Feed Their Children To Dogs
I don't know about feeding them to the dogs, but I do know they have no qualms about killing them.
For the family "honor", you know.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:13 PM

204 posts, read 309,473 times
What do you expect? Its fox "news". Not that CNBC is any better.....

Old 01-08-2014, 06:26 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Oh, I thought this was going to be about Amy Chua...

I haven't read her latest book, but I wonder if her theory that Jews, Indians, Chinese, Iranians, Lebanese-Americans, Nigerians, Cuban exiles and Mormons are superior cultural groups looks into the fact that a lot of those groups(not Mormons obviously) immigrate to the US these days as more educated groups or professional types, so the parents are more likely to promote education and learning for their children than poorer immigrant groups... If you go to India or China or Lebanon or Nigeria you can find all kinds of uneducated and fairly ignorant poor people...

Old 01-08-2014, 06:55 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,658 times
They are not superior races....they do have superior incentives to do their best.

These people know they can take personal responsibility for their success, and are determined they can reach it, will work hard to get it.

I thought that was the conservative dream for Americans.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:00 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Amy Chua did NOT say those groups were superior races. Read the actual excepts. She said these groups have culturally driven traits that positively impact them.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:06 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Beckel is one of the Lefties I enjoy watching.

Reminds me of my uncle Roberto.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Culture is very different from "race". Of course there are superior cultures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies